Viperious - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Viperious

Marine Name
    Thomas McMillen

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Vaat' Kul

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Nope.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    I have familiarised myself with both the old and the new code of honour.

Yautja Character Story
    Vaat� was sitting in his cockpit chair, his dexterous fingers moving from point to point as he controlled his clan�s ship, the last heirloom he could hope to receive from the no longer standing Kul Clan. Vaat� was the last surviving member of his clan, and inside this ship was all that reminded of his once prestigious heritage, before it was wiped out by a rival clan once it was discovered that they were engaging in heretical actions.

Vaat� was on a hunt at the time and was spared the fate that befell his comrades and family, and upon his return, he was bestowed all of the pride, and all of the shame that now sits upon the name Kul. On his screen appeared the words �Planet LV 223. Designated Human resort world and Military blacksite�. It was always useful to keep information on potential hunting grounds that other Yautja had no been made aware of, and as luck would have it. Vaat� had received intel about this location during his previous hunt and had learned about a truly worthy opponent on this planet, an opponent that would allow him to wipe the stain on his name and bring his clan back to the prominence it once knew.

Vaat�s ship quickly moved through the planet�s atmosphere as it had long since enabled its stealth to prevent detection, moving like a glider through calm winds, the ship effortlessly and silently flew within visual range on the planet�s resort, mere meters above the top of the tree line. Directly below sat a man in a chair at the edge of a long lake at the outskirts of the resort, in one hand was a fishing rod, and in the other hand was a large fish, which he examined intently before shaking his head and throwing it back into the lake.

No alerts had pinged on the console as the ship entered sensor range of the hidden blacksite that was deep within the dense jungle. Vaat� input the final flight instructions before getting up from his seat, and moving to the ship's armoury where his equipment was stored, among which was the armour set of his father; the previous head of the clan that led them down their heretical path of questioning everything, the code, their origins, the status quo and their technology.

Vaat� knelt down in front of the armour sets, bringing over a hand to gently stroke the cheek of his fathers� helmet, before reaching over for his own and equipping it. With his armour on, and the ship performing the final landing sequence, Vaat� moved over to a shrine to the goddess S'ahul on the other side of the ship and performed his clan�s ritual before finishing by reminding himself of their works �Stagnation of information is the deaf of Wisdom. Fear to learn is the death of courage�.

The ship landed 1km away from the hidden facility�s outer most border and Vaat� immediately moved towards a vantage point and went over the plan in his head. Obtain Information. Locate target. Execute. He examined his surroundings and waited patiently, until an hour later, motion was detected as a patrol of armed humans entered his perimeter. Vaat�s cloak activated as he prepared to close the gap.
    The Hunt Begins.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Unlike most Yautja, Vaat� Kul likes to open dialogue with both his comrades and his pray, as dialogue is useful for many things. Regarding comrades and fellow Yautja, dialogue allows for more in-depth exploration of both character�s motivations, backstory and personal thoughts at that time, while dialogue with pray allows for the nurturing of worthy pray, establishment of intention and the ability to weed out those that are not worthy.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Difference between an honour duel and a hunt: Regarding the lore, an honour duel is a sacred battle between a Yautja and someone/something that has been identified as a worthy opponent. A hunt on the other is for sport and can have multiple Yautja take part to collect trophies and build prestige.
    Mechanically however, the difference is that in a hunt you fight both Unworthy and Worthy pray, with limited restrictions by the honour code, with the desired outcome being entertainment and fulfilment. while an honour duel requires that both sides have an equal playing field, as neither side can use ranged weapons, healing equipment or can flee from the battle. Failing to follow the honour code in any of these will result in heavy punishment as Yautja take adhering to the code very serious and nothing short of heresy if a Yautja fails to adhere to it.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    When meeting with other preds, Vaat� Kul will be prioritizing talking with them, to explore our backstories, discover their intentions and preferred methods of hunting and killing, and ideally, finding out if they also question their beliefs and origins. Maybe even offering them to pray with him to S�ahul before they hunt, depending on how they respond.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    There are many reasons why I want the predator whitelist. For instance, in the time that I have been playing, I have done almost everything I can do with the tools at my disposal and would like to have more gameplay and roleplay opportunities.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Viperious; 04-23-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in your answer to the question I'm going to pose to you. Why do you think you deserve this whitelist, especially with your reputation within the community?
    hello im dondale

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you reformed like I have?
    Synthetic Senator

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinley believe the only way to improve the way the community sees me is through time and improvement. And if I am locked out of all whitelists by predetermined opinions and feelings towards me, how am I able to show improvement without being given a chance?

That is why I believe I should be whitelisted.

(Directed at Ghostdex)
    Last edited by Viperious; 04-23-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In what way?

(directed at Jakkk)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    I genuinley believe the only way to improve the way the community sees me is through time and improvement. And if I am locked out of all whitelists by predetermined opinions and feelings towards me, how am I able to show improvement without being given a chance?

That is why I believe I should be whitelisted.

(Directed at Ghostdex)
    ok also you should quote stuff when you reply to something specific so you dont have to do the shitty (directed) thing
    hello im dondale

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdex View Post
    ok also you should quote stuff when you reply to something specific so you dont have to do the shitty (directed) thing
    Yeah, realised after the fact that I didn't, then edited so certain people didn't think I was replying to them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story is about you landing a ship????

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    Your story is about you landing a ship????
    The background is about his ship landing, but that isn't the point of the story. It was discussed in Whitelist help that stories are meant to show character and explore them, combat or complex actions are not necessary to get the point across. I also wanted to keep it relatively short so as not to lose interest.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperious View Post
    The background is about his ship landing, but that isn't the point of the story. It was discussed in Whitelist help that stories are meant to show character and explore them, combat or complex actions are not necessary to get the point across. I also wanted to keep it relatively short so as not to lose interest.
    You briefly explained that your clan was killed by another clan. You then say a few things about your predators religion, and the rest is you landing the ship.