User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps it's time to talk about Lurkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that lurkers could do with a rework. As a Queen, one of the most reliable strategies I have is to go heavy on lurkers and have them fuck the marine's rear as the entire rest of the hive stalls the marines' advance. It's worked for me eight or nine times out of ten without much modification. Over the past several months the strategy has come to work well on high pop too.

I have no problem with the concept of a powerful ambushing class, but I feel something should be done so their effectiveness doesn't scale to high numbers so well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reinforce the ambush qualities of the Lurker while downplaying their frontal tendencies.

• Lurker gains similar ability to Warrior. 'Standing' stance forces Lurker to move at slower speed, deals regular damage with attacks, cannot pounce on targets in this mode. 'Pounce' stance increases Lurkers speed, can cloak, deals significantly less damage to Human targets. Pouncing instantly sets Lurker back to 'Standing' stance.
    • As noted in OP, Lurker pounce will instantly cancel if Lurker moves after pouncing

Thus the Lurker would be less suited for frontline combat.

I dunno, I'm no Captain of Balance. We'll see what the powers that be have to say.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So long as we can all agree that their even is a problem with Lurkers to begin with we could start with small modifications before the word "rework" gets tossed around.
    Reworking is a lot more work than just changing some variables around, especially if that might already fix the issue.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Directional attack broke the entire game, but it especially broke lurkers. Any retard can play a lurker now you dont even have to be robust to murder everything. Directional attacks gotta be nerfed or something.

Also them releasing stun when moving off is a terrible terrible idea. Any good lurker will wait till you get close for PB and step off and you will PB the marine. Its an awful idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Also them releasing stun when moving off is a terrible terrible idea. Any good lurker will wait till you get close for PB and step off and you will PB the marine. Its an awful idea.
    That is a good point. But something needs to done against the biggest Lurker meme of pouncing someone and then quickly getting off him to wiggle back and forth while slashing the helpless marine while his friends shoot at you and miss because you are so fast.

Maybe nerfing the speed slightly and decreasing the stun duration a little bit would already help? Most marines go into paincrit after one stun anyways.
    And there is still the problem of Lurkers being so fast that you can run 360s around a marine with a rifle and him never being able to hit you.

IMO, Lurkers are a big reason why Rifles are so useless. You just can't hit MLG Lurker (420) quickly enough while he is circle strafing and killing you while you are standing.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJG View Post
    That is a good point. But something needs to done against the biggest Lurker meme of pouncing someone and then quickly getting off him to wiggle back and forth while slashing the helpless marine while his friends shoot at you and miss because you are so fast.

Maybe nerfing the speed slightly and decreasing the stun duration a little bit would already help? Most marines go into paincrit after one stun anyways.
    And there is still the problem of Lurkers being so fast that you can run 360s around a marine with a rifle and him never being able to hit you.

IMO, Lurkers are a big reason why Rifles are so useless. You just can't hit MLG Lurker (420) quickly enough while he is circle strafing and killing you while you are standing.
    if they dont nerf directional attack then they should nerf the ever loving shit out of pounce. like take it to a 1 second stun. Cause you can pounce someone and get 6+ hits off before the stun wears off cause you dont have to aim for shit anymore.

I didnt get to try directional attack because of xeno job ban, but before the ban I would fight people standing up 3on1 as a lurker because htey couldnt hit me. With directional attack I would massacre everyone without pounce. Shits busted as fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...but before the ban I would fight people standing up 3on1 as a lurker because htey couldnt hit me. With directional attack I would massacre everyone without pounce. Shits busted as fuck.
    That is exactly the problem I am talking about. Two or three Robusto Lurkers just make every other xeno almost obsolete, all the other xenos just exist to die and drag out the game long enough for those few Lurkers to just kill everything.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is exactly the problem I am talking about. Two or three Robusto Lurkers just make every other xeno almost obsolete, all the other xenos just exist to die and drag out the game long enough for those few Lurkers to just kill everything.
    I would say Queen and Boiler are more busted than lurker but lurker is definently up there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say Queen and Boiler are more busted than lurker but lurker is definently up there.
    There is only ever one Queen, and maybe three Boilers max! But there can be up to 8+ Lurkers!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is only ever one Queen, and maybe three Boilers max! But there can be up to 8+ Lurkers!
    nah ive seen 3 boilers consistently on medium pop and sometimes up to 5. You cant push chokepoint with 3 boilers ever. That makes LV fog holes fucking retarded, prison fucking retarded, and half of solaris fucking retarded. Boilers are cancer as fuck.

edit: and their plan with railgun is to make it a spec sniper as in it hunts specs. They are giving it sniper spec range and making it fire instantly after its dug in. Shits gonna be fucking cancerous as fuck with no counter.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 04-23-2019 at 01:38 PM.