User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps it's time to talk about Lurkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, directional clicking only for castes that need it (the ones whose sprite blocks the tiles) maybe?

And yeah, a single good lurker is a pain, a group is goddamn near impossible to deal with. Sure, they take casualties occasionally, but being in the open if you don't outnumber the lurkers by 1:2 is a death sentence.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lurkers should still be able to 1v1 a lone marine the best out of any xeno, yes?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben owen View Post
    lurkers should still be able to 1v1 a lone marine the best out of any xeno, yes?
    Yes, maybe the one they get the drop on.

But right now I watch them fight a whole squad. Or just run past slashing, pushing people down the hall, spam tackling etc.

I dont hardly see them played as their role of like "ambusher" and "scout". Just 3 of them not afraid to fight a whole squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Yes, maybe the one they get the drop on.

But right now I watch them fight a whole squad. Or just run past slashing, pushing people down the hall, spam tackling etc.

I dont hardly see them played as their role of like "ambusher" and "scout". Just 3 of them not afraid to fight a whole squad.
    well if 1 of anything beats 1 marine 1v1
    then 3 of anything beats 3 marines 3v3
    and it can kinda be stretched from that 3v3 to be more like 3v6, as some members of those groups are less dangerous than others

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    nah ive seen 3 boilers consistently on medium pop and sometimes up to 5. You cant push chokepoint with 3 boilers ever. That makes LV fog holes fucking retarded, prison fucking retarded, and half of solaris fucking retarded. Boilers are cancer as fuck.

edit: and their plan with railgun is to make it a spec sniper as in it hunts specs. They are giving it sniper spec range and making it fire instantly after its dug in. Shits gonna be fucking cancerous as fuck with no counter.
    I don't want to derail the topic -- but CAS IS the marine boiler counter. If you miss a couple runs because they're smart enough to run away when they hear it coming, just lase into their retreat path. CAS isn't the reserve of SLs and certain specs anymore. And thanks to fire missions it isn't useless either.

Not to mention that they pretty much melt even against an M41A. Trade out your backpack for a scoped secondary, or just bring a scope along with you if you feel they're that much of a concern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boilers Ghetto counter is an IFF ap extended barrel carbine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a lurker take down a functioning fully kitted out squad of 10+ marines with medics and specs and SGs.

I have seen a lone lurker devastate weakened squads full of wounded marines who can hardly fight and are falling over from pain crit. And rightfully so.

Regenerate off weeds has been removed so that's as much of a nerf as lurkers needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    well you wouldn't see the ambusher/scout ones since they hide and target loners, they still exist believe me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate lurkers so bad.. can't kill them unless I use a flamethrower..

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    nah ive seen 3 boilers consistently on medium pop and sometimes up to 5. You cant push chokepoint with 3 boilers ever. That makes LV fog holes fucking retarded, prison fucking retarded, and half of solaris fucking retarded. Boilers are cancer as fuck.

edit: and their plan with railgun is to make it a spec sniper as in it hunts specs. They are giving it sniper spec range and making it fire instantly after its dug in. Shits gonna be fucking cancerous as fuck with no counter.
    You counter it with good snipers