Byond ID?
    SolubleWhenWet

CM Character?
    Jason Hakim, Tyumi

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CST, Chicago

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20, More on the weekends, usually past 5pm.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Outside my place of employment, no.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I've played a little bit of Bad Deathclaw for shits and giggles.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    A million years ago on Noxstation for mousetrap grenades in backpacks. It was funny, I was 16 at the time. I'm 22 now.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, profusely.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    IC Issue, usually a mistake unless it were a repeat offense.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would advise he ask a member of the Yautja Council on Discord about it, and make a player report if he feels strongly about it.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would try to help him if no mentors are available.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would remind him I'm only there to try and help him, and if he continues I would prpbably put him in a 3 hour timeout. Admin+ staff get enough of this, I'm sure.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would reply with a 'Thanks' and message John Doe that his name is extremely generic, and he should pick a different name to distinguish himself in the communitand to fit with the server rules.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If there are MPs, IC issue. Otherwise I would remind him of SOP.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Unless the survivor stated otherwise to being hostile from the start, that would probably be a big 'Have a CM day!' from me.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would check with the arresting MP, as you can only apply one charge per arrest, and the max sentencings for either theft or trespassing is 30 minutes. I would check if they resisted arrest, which could also have a max sentence of 30 minutes and could add up to permanant confinement. If the arrest was invalid, I would notify the MP and let them know to chill out a bit.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would probably send a fax or message from HC to CIC, stating pensions will be cut if they don't fix the colony.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp it or notify a moderator on duty through other means; I have an IC stake in this and might make a bad judgement call because of it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    The round ended and it wasn't FF or EORG. Shit happens, new round is coming.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Roundstart shenanigans like that are disallowed and could ruin everyones round. I would give a warning to that marine, noting him.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Improper escalation, no melee weapon involved, I would note them or issue a 3 hour ban depending on the circumstances.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would try to get an admin to mass sleep (since I'm not sure if mods can do that) and warn them against such an action in OOC chat.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would check the context of what was said, as its probably an IC issue. If its spam, then I would issue a warning to cool it from there or apply a 3hr ban.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I'd weekban and request to permaban.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    They might be new, I'd ask a mentor to help them or help them myself. Otherwise I'd warn them against wasting a xeno slot.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would warn them LRP behavior will result in a xeno jobban, and note them if it continues.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would explain to them that "xenospeak" is translated into English, and that calling it a bird IC is simply flavor.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    The CIC player probably made a slip up, but I would wait and see before I slap out an "IC Issue" since they might be cheeky in referring to the yirens or some other native life.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Rule 14, its not unrealistic if youre playing as a coward, and the escape pods are effectively removing you from the round already. I would "IC Issue."

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would notify another member of staff to help me out with this.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    "Thanks! Have a CM day!" They went SSD, presumably without informing staff first, they were basically fair game.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would ask them about what they sent, and consult with other staff for their take. Everybody makes mistakes, its no big deal.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would try consulting with a manager to get this sort of thing resolved, there would probably be a lot of hurt feelings and I wouldn't be able to stop two people getting heated.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I joined the server after the codeleak in 2018, and I was very shy and uninvolved with the community my first few months. Mods at the time like Bancrose, Thesoldier, and Frans_Feiffer dispelled any misconceptions I had about the community, and helped me learn the game and get buddies to talk shit with regularly. I'd like to be able to do that for new players, like they did for me.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Integrity. At the end of the day I'm not term 2 council, I'm not some synth player or some moderator, I'm just me. I'm not choosing to apply for moderator to boss people around, I want to do right for good fellas.

Anything else you
    hi mom

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good guy +1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have great answers. I know you and I like you as a person. However a mod recently brought to my attention some issues you have been having over discord in the past and I talked to you this recently in a pm.

Since I like you as a person, you have a good record and you have good answers I will remain neutral on this vote.

Vote changed due to recent behavior. See latest post
    Last edited by starmute; 05-19-2019 at 02:05 AM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    IC Issue, usually a mistake unless it were a repeat offense.
    It's usually worth looking into to determine cause an history.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would advise he ask a member of the Yautja Council on Discord about it, and make a player report if he feels strongly about it.
    You can always investigate and collect information ahead of any reports.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If there are MPs, IC issue. Otherwise I would remind him of SOP.
    MPs or not this is an IC issue, lack of MPs does not mandate all people to follow SOP/ML

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Unless the survivor stated otherwise to being hostile from the start, that would probably be a big 'Have a CM day!' from me.
    Again, investigation is warranted to check the situation and explain to the victims how it works.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would check with the arresting MP, as you can only apply one charge per arrest, and the max sentencings for either theft or trespassing is 30 minutes. I would check if they resisted arrest, which could also have a max sentence of 30 minutes and could add up to permanant confinement. If the arrest was invalid, I would notify the MP and let them know to chill out a bit.
    Regardless of max charges warranting perma, theft of a lone attachment is not worthy of extreme punishments like that, arrests are at the discretion of the MP, but it is worth asking them to consider that they have essentially put a stop to someone else�s round over a minor incident.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would try to get an admin to mass sleep (since I'm not sure if mods can do that) and warn them against such an action in OOC chat.
    Mods indeed cannot mass-sleep, additionally, you can use LOOC as a ghost and therefore it may be better to use that than a public OOC message.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    The CIC player probably made a slip up, but I would wait and see before I slap out an "IC Issue" since they might be cheeky in referring to the yirens or some other native life.
    Do some investigation and find out what they're talking about, I find reading your answers you're overly fond of using auto responses.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Rule 14, its not unrealistic if youre playing as a coward, and the escape pods are effectively removing you from the round already. I would "IC Issue."
    It's always good to check things out, but if he's being chased by xenos this is perfectly acceptable within RP, a save yourself sort of situation.

Bancrose, Thesoldier, and Frans_Feiffer
    Did you have to pick two despicable traitors to the Mod Team?
    Last edited by forest2001; 04-25-2019 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to comment on a question I quoted.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    -snip-
    Thanks for the corrections. I didnt actually look at successful applications before I posted this, so I could give an honest app based on my personal experiences ingame and from what just seems like the fairest thing to do.

Frans and Thesoldier just happened to be the people I spoke with first, they advert the mod apps.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a discord staff member, even I fool around on discord and shitpost in certain channels all the time.

I say give him a shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the corrections. I didnt actually look at successful applications before I posted this, so I could give an honest app based on my personal experiences ingame and from what just seems like the fairest thing to do.

Frans and Thesoldier just happened to be the people I spoke with first, they advert the mod apps.
    Your application is better than some but not one of the best. Overall it isn�t bad and any questions or unknown situations can be taught in the trial period. I have spoke with you several times and I have no problem with you becoming a moderator.

You are responsible and I�m unsure about any real problems on the discord. Overall good player and well liked in the community.

TLDR +1
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you well enough and if boomer is saying to give you a shot your discord stuff musnt be that bad, yea +1 i could see you with a chance at joining us.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From your app answers being lackluster, showing little investigation and from that a sense of lazy answers, what Starmute and Forest has said, I am not in favor of this application. While you may be a WL council, CO, and Synth. Your actions within the community and minimal answers here, I do not believe you'd take the position entirely serious, and to be frank, a possible issue with trusting you as a staff in whole. This all being decided from multiple sources, third and first person experiences and your attitude in the community. -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    From your app answers being lackluster, showing little investigation and from that a sense of lazy answers, what Starmute and Forest has said, I am not in favor of this application. While you may be a WL council, CO, and Synth. Your actions within the community and minimal answers here, I do not believe you'd take the position entirely serious, and to be frank, a possible issue with trusting you as a staff in whole. This all being decided from multiple sources, third and first person experiences and your attitude in the community. -1
    On the lack of investigation in my answers as you and Forest have stated, I kind of made an ass out of myself, since I thought investigation was implied with each question/answer. I didn't want to force anybody to trod through an essay of a hypothetical response to each question, since most of the answers seemed pretty straightforward.

In addition, I wouldn't like to automatically assume most cases are straight grief, but merely players who are caught unaware of the rules and policies. Hopefully, I'm able to give the benefit of the doubt as a lot of people here have in supporting me to this application.

Regardless of the outcome of this application, I'd like the chance to change your perspective on me, since we rarely communicate in the Discord, and I don't even know your character name! Thanks for the honest reply.