User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SolubleWhenWet - Moderator Application

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very much on the fence with this application for pretty much the reasons Daturix mentioned. There are some serious concerns regarding general behavior coming from multiple sources. The answers feel a bit lazy, and don't give me the feeling you're taking this as seriously as you could be. However, despite all of that, I think that it's worth giving you a shot. I'm extremely tentatively in support of this application.

EDIT: See most recent post, no longer in support of application.
    Last edited by Grimreaperx15; 05-19-2019 at 04:18 AM.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak about Soluble from my experiences with him from the synthetic council, but let me say he has proven himself capable of moderator capabilities. Policing a whitelist is not an easy job, due to the severity of the offense and the many different takes we have on the role, but every single decision Soluble has made in the council has proven to have been the right decision. I can trust him to take care of moderator duties.

Soluble is writing minimal answers because he is a very straight forward guy that doesn't see the point in fluffy answers. You ask him a question, he answers it.

I would love to have you on the staff team, and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know your true character.

+1.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't speak about his app answers, but I can talk about Soluble's character. He has a thing for shitposting and being straightforward, but it's hard to judge on how a person would act in a serious setting, which the mod duty is, based purely on their acting in a shitposting channel. He somehow managed to weasel his way into the Synthetic Council, which shows that whitelisted players have some trust in him to represent the role. Something I consider a good start for moderators, as it shows you already being involved in the community and trusted to take up some responsibility.

In my experience Soluble has shown me that he can be serious when required and as Jakk above me says, he proved himself capable. I see a lot of reluctance at giving Soluble a chance and that's why I wanted to try and maybe enlighten a few. I think he would be a decent mod. Not that my opinion matters, but +1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a bit of a shitposter has never been a disqualification for applying to the mod team, despite what some people might think. Easy to get on with and probably the most solid whitelist councillor there is on any of the three councils.

All in all, better mod material across the board than half the applicants we get, and God knows we accept about 90% of those anyway.

+1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite what warnings or punishments you've been given, they all have been pretty minor.

Good guy, Synthetic Councilmember who is great at his role, Might be mentally deficient but thats okay.

+1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I said it on his synth app and I'll say it here,

Soluble is a reliable guy and you can sure as hell trust him to do mod work.
    and just like Jakkk said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    anyone who says otherwise doesn't know his true character.
    I can safely vouch for this guy, he won't let you down.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 While a decent member of the community, I don't believe they'd be a good match for the mod team, namely some of the previous issues, one being the application itself is poor. Another issue is the attitude and behavior of the person. It's not terrible, but I can't recall a time where I've seen some semblance of seriousness. Right now the staff team is having a lot of issues, and while I don't really mind Soluble, (I rather like them) adding them to the staff team, at least as a moderator would probably cause a bit more negativity among staff. Which is not something we need more of. I'd love to see you in Msay, but I can't say I think it would be the best choice at this time. Quite a few staff have raised concerns, and outside of me thinking you aren't serious enough for the role (Which isn't much of a factor) It'd just cause too much friction at this time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

Soluble was one of the few people to assist me with an application I was making and was extremely helpful. I've seen him around in game and on the discord with no issues or complaints. He hasn't given me a reason to not show him my support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopil View Post
    +1

Soluble was one of the few people to assist me with an application I was making and was extremely helpful. I've seen him around in game and on the discord with no issues or complaints. He hasn't given me a reason to not show him my support.
    Thank you so much! This +1 really got me by suprise, lol. Good man, good man.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a great council member and someone who's enjoyable too talk with. Them being staff would be a great addition to CM overall.