User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SolubleWhenWet - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you are a very good councilmember and you do work to make the synth council a better place and i have no doubt in my mind on your ability to RP, the application is a very large part of an applicants general visage. And this application is unfortunately just very lackluster. I think you have the real potential to be a mod, but i think you should take 30 days and really hammer out a better app.

Sorry chief -1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    I know you are a very good councilmember and you do work to make the synth council a better place and i have no doubt in my mind on your ability to RP, the application is a very large part of an applicants general visage. And this application is unfortunately just very lackluster. I think you have the real potential to be a mod, but i think you should take 30 days and really hammer out a better app.

Sorry chief -1
    I don't think any current member of staff should be judged by how well they did on their application, you'd definitely be missing out on the opportunity to have me on your team if everybody else thought this way. I'll take this post as a challenge to hopefully prove you wrong about me.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm heavily divided on this. On one hand, your application seems lazy, and not much effort put into it. On the other hand, you are a Council Member, known in the community, and generally seem to be a nice person. The only way we're really gonna be able to see how you do is put you to the test in the Trial period. If you turn out to be great, amazing, we get a new good mod.

Anyways, +1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 shitposter all the time and asked to +1 his app literally rigged I dont trust this guy as mod

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing my vote to a big -1 unfortunately due to some unprofessional behavior I saw recently. Prior I voiced my cocerns about rumors that you were dogpiling a player. Unfortunately it seemed a bit true.

When you stated
    "but you can find my sympathy in the dictionary between shit and syphilis"
    in a whitelist application..... I can see that you don't do well with people who rub you the wrong way.

There are lots of people who you'll run into here that you may or may not like. You have to remain calm, professional and objective about it. I previously talked to you about your interactions with the player and was looking for any positive (or negative) interactions between you two.

You were doing well before and this is just ... disappointing. I don't care if you +1 or -1 someone's app but the venom that you seemed to have was... too much. I'm sorry.
    Last edited by starmute; 05-19-2019 at 02:27 AM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with Starmute here. You messed up and you knew it would happen.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to echo forest here, I don't feel like that kind of attitude is what we're looking for.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the comment that I saw on a whitelist application. "but you can find my sympathy in the dictionary between shit and syphilis" I have lost all faith in this specific application. The reason for that should be obvious but i'm going to spell it out. It was highly unprofessional, uncalled for and unbecoming of someone who would need to be able to display impartial behavior as either a mentor or moderator as we deal with many types of people that have done many things good and bad. So your getting a flat -1.

Edit: As an additional remark, You also chose to make this action knowing full well of your application here and how it would look. Making it even worse.
    Last edited by Zelkova64; 05-19-2019 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Remark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    Changing my vote to a big -1 unfortunately due to some unprofessional behavior I saw recently. Prior I voiced my cocerns about rumors that you were dogpiling a player. Unfortunately it seemed a bit true.

When you stated in a whitelist application..... I can see that you don't do well with people who rub you the wrong way.

There are lots of people who you'll run into here that you may or may not like. You have to remain calm, professional and objective about it. I previously talked to you about your interactions with the player and was looking for any positive (or negative) interactions between you two.

You were doing well before and this is just ... disappointing. I don't care if you +1 or -1 someone's app but the venom that you seemed to have was... too much. I'm sorry.
    While this is a grossly offtopic and meaningless reply to someone whose mind I cannot change, who never really posts on whitelist applications and is ultimately out of touch when it comes to the community outside of warning people for what he percieves as disrespect, I'm not going to hold any punches for someone who I feel is only just whitelist collecting as a stepping stone to the CO whitelist.

This person had to get an administrator to come in on his thread to declare it a safe space, an action which is grossly unorthodox and unfair to every single other applicant beforehand. The day prior to posting his application, he goes into #whitelistapphelp to complain about not being revived by a whitelisted player, while the round was ongoing, and you didn't do anything about this, telling me it was a council issue. I have no sympathy for people who go behind peoples backs trying to stir shit then, and I have no sympathy now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right this probably doesn't belong on a mod application

While this is a grossly offtopic and meaningless reply to someone whose mind I cannot change, who never really posts on whitelist applications and is ultimately out of touch when it comes to the community outside of warning people for what he percieves as disrespect,
    This is just talking about how I don't post on whitelists (which isn't my job as a moderator). Additionally you're talking about how I gave a 3 day warning to someone and that's in a staff report.

How does this relate to how well you will mod? How is mudslinging a reasonable response to a legitimate concern that you lack professionalism or the ability to be impartial?

The day prior to posting his application, he goes into #whitelistapphelp to complain about not being revived by a whitelisted player, while the round was ongoing, and you didn't do anything about this, telling me it was a council issue.
    You DM'D me long after the event took place. You told me that the player in question a-helped, dm'd other mods, and posted in whitelist help. From what I understood it was handled by another moderator (especially since they dm'd them) . I just told you if the character is being meta-targeted by a white-listed player then its a whitelist council issue.

Nominally I wouldn't reply to your post, its petty. I did decide to post however because it does relates to my prior accusation of lack of professionalism. You shouldn't resort to ad-hominem attacks when I didn't vote for you. Additionally I still believe that you cannot professionally interact with players you don't like.
    Last edited by starmute; 05-22-2019 at 11:46 PM.