User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SolubleWhenWet - Moderator Application

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Addressing everyone here. In order to prevent further conflict and argument please do not post in this application from now.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Addressing everyone here. In order to prevent further conflict and argument please do not post in this application from now.
    Yeah I don't really give a shit since this is my app.
    I've had some time to think it through since I read and smashed out a really petty reply to Starmute, since I just assumed it was just bias over an incredibly controversial topic, especially since I got about 4 posts almost immediately after I made my review.

On the unprofessionalism, I made a choice regarding a player based on my experiences with this person, talking with them in the past, seeing them interacting in the community, and I've spoken with members of staff about this individual, even Head staff. The conclusion I reached wasn't in a vacuum, it wasn't due to any one event, and it wasn't due to posts which have gotten other members of the community banned. It was as well informed as any one person can get, and I'm not in the business of handing out freebies; I'm sure some people who have applied for applications atleast 10 times would be pissed if I did that.

It wasn't a nice or respectful post, and you don't have to like it, but you WILL respect it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently "do not post here" does not register in some people's minds.

Closed pending decision.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be going ahead an addressing this application today. We've had a large influx of people with the mentors converting over to mods and I wanted to wait on any existing applications until I was sure things were going smoothly. From there I'm sorry to say I had a bout of poor health culminating in surgery and a hospital visit. So I apologize for this sitting for so long. I'll be starting at the "top" and working my way down from there. This app has in particular been quite the point of controversy as we can see by the fact that it has over 1600 views, a record I"m sure. So I'll be explaining things a little more in depth than I usually do.

Your answers are fairly decent, but nothing spectacular. While you have been a part of this community for a while, and have a general understanding of how things work on our end, there are a few things in there that are more wrong than right. For the most part I believe a trial period would go a long way towards hammering out those issues. When I am going over an application one of the things that I personally am looking for is an attention to detail. I want to see those tedious little steps like "I check a persons notes. I bwoink the person to see what there side of the story is," and other things along those lines. That is what shows me that you know exactly what you should be doing is a moderator. If you take the time to do that in your application, when you have all the time in the world to do it, I know you will take your time to do your investigations in the game it self. As it stands your answers, while mostly correct, seem rushed to say the very least.

You application has been quite the center of some drama. On a persons synthetic application, while this moderator app was open you made a comment. "I can't lie to you about your chances, but you can find my sympathy in the dictionary between shit and syphilis, my friend." Its a statement that many of my mods disagree with, and they were fairly vocal in their disagreement of said statement. It was perhaps a silly thing to say, but honestly I dont believe the statement itself is anywhere near as damning as it looks. I believe looks worse than it is because it contains two words with serious negative connotations, shit and syphilis. But word choice aside all the statement means is "You wont find sympathy from me." With perhaps due to the word choice a connotation of an insult tossed into it. So I wont be damning you because of what you said on the app.

I've done something that I rarely do on applications to be honest. I spoke with members of the community who are associated with you personally, those that I both sought out and quite a few that came to me on their own. Some of whom spoke very well of you, and some of them who spoke poorly of you. But the main thing that I received from both parties, because I believe that most parties I spoke with were telling the truth, Is that you can be very quick to anger when you do not "get your way" (a gross over-simplification for times sake) you tend to get very defensive and lash out when called out, questioned or disagreed with. I think this can be seen in your app in two very specific locations. When Taketheshot gave you a -1 citing your poor responses to the applications answers, you respond by saying "I don't think any current member of staff should be judged by how well they did on their application" which while I cannot speak for anyone else I certainly see as an insult towards the moderation teams applications implying that their own applications were poor. And after Forest told Mods and yourself to stop arguing and you responded with "Yeah I don't really give a shit since this is my app." In order to get the last word in.

I do not think that is the correct attitude for a mod to have. At the same time I think that is certainly something that you can, with effort, change about yourself. I dont live your life. I dont tell you what to do. But if you would like to be on staff you will have to work on some of your anger issues. With a change of attitude I believe you could be a very good staff member. I've been told you are dedicated to making the server a better place and that you are serious when appropriate. And those are both qualities I highly value. But at this time I'm afraid to say that, by all accounts, I believe your anger will get the best of you and you will wind up saying or doing something inappropriate.

At this time I am denying your application. But I urge you to work a little bit on yourself and apply again in the future.