User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which armor do you take?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light Armor

59 40.14%
  • Medium Armor

40 27.21%
  • Heavy Armor

48 32.65%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armor preference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Ol Heavy. Also its great when you are a support class. Medium is good for overall movement and keeping the patrols up

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no point in this pool.
    If you are PFC: Take heavy armor, or you are trash.
    If you are engi/medic: Pick medium, or heavy, or you are trash.
    Light armor exist just to eliminate armorless marines who wanted to PB benos thanks to their speed.
    Two slashes/acid spits/one railgun boiler and you are slower than lad in heavy armor, how good is that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy for FF, but everyone knows the best armour against Xenos is the baldie in front of you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally I was excited for light armor as I used to play the shotgun route which required movement and getting in close, all that nonsense. As time progressed and I wanted a more well rounded play style across the board I go with heavy armor. It keeps the bones together and the limbs on(mostly) and usually stops a collapsed lung from a shottie PB. S?o?m?e?t?i?m?e?s? ?I? ?g?o? ?l?i?g?h?t? ?a?r?m?o?r? ?a?n?d? ?t?h?r?e?e? ?m?a?c?h?e?t?e?s? ?b?u?t? ?d?o?n?'?t? ?t?e?l?l?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure heavy armor protects ya good, but Light armor actually lets you chase down the delayliens and follow up with dmg and movement
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's simple really. Light armor for speed, heavy armor for not die when hit. Medium is a middle ground that is kinda eh. If you wanted protection I would sack all my speed. IF I wanted speed Id sack all my armor. It's basic min-maxing. Dont go for the middle, commit to a play style that benefits from what your using.

Before the weapons nerf youd use heavy if your playing a tanking idiot, long range sniper PFC/HPR man, or a role you dont wanna die in. Or youd use light armor for speed king rush down actually get kills on benos builds like QF carbines or shotty 2 hotties. Medium armor makes either of those roles less effective because really, If your tanking you need to tank. If your sniping you dont need any speed. IF you want to not fucking die then you need to commit to not dying. Then if you want speed you really need as much speed as you can get. Xenos are always gonna be faster then you, so you need to get as close as you can.

Now its basically the same idea but since EVERYONE should be using pistols right now you should all be using light unless your a medic or engi who feels like they need to not fucking die for some reason.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    none, so I can run around like speedy gonzalez, dual wielding machetes

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Light armor is the only viable armor when they keep adding things like ravager spin slash that ignores armor and breaks 4 bones at once while cutting your foot off. Eventually no armor will be better than light armor too if they keep adding this garbage.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Light armor is the only viable armor when they keep adding things like ravager spin slash that ignores armor and breaks 4 bones at once while cutting your foot off. Eventually no armor will be better than light armor too if they keep adding this garbage.
    I was wondering why Rav could delimb me in heavy armor with 100% health since there was update not so long ago that prevented that. I thought it was a bug, it isn't probably now. A bit of a bullshit. Robolimbs new meta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also light armor has the best acid protection now