User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons Meta?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weapons Meta?

Whats the new meta as far as weapons go for Marines? I've been gone a long time and it looks like they've added hella new stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are sorta in-between a meta, esp the arrival of a new shotgun.

So far good ol' M41 is a good go to for balance. The VG+RDS+BC still is viable and AP makes it a solid hit

Handguns (M4A3/88 mod 4) still good sidearm, you can just carry more magazines now in the belt, now up to 7 mags

the second one on the block is the L42 Carbine, a easy to use mid-to-long ranger with a IFF scope, it has lower dmg output compared to the M41

Now the Newest shotgun, the MOU-53 is meant to be the longer range sibling to the M37, as it can't use buckshot. But give it Flechette and it broadsides any target.

We now have available chem nades, the Spec GL come pre-loaded with HEDP, the M5 RPG got an attachments buff, and...

there is this new experimental AT-style rifle, the XM had has seen little combat but is DEVASTATING where you can bear the ammo count and fire delay.

Sadly, the M39 is at the bottom of the use barrel - even with the new arm brace

Also note there are now non-spec weapon kits for Marines so you may want to try those out. Mostly they are pre-loadouts to gets you started in the fray

so we are in-between, off the top of my head. And depending how far you have been away, you may wan to check out the differences between M15 and HEDP nades, along with the later HEFA (shrapnel) nades
    Last edited by SunaLova; 04-27-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the M41 with AP and a Shotgun with Buckshot.

This is all you need to kill^

Dont take the M39...
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanu308 View Post

Dont take the M39...
    ^Seconded.

Anything else may be situtionally better, but worse most of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanu308 View Post

Dont take the M39...
    This and competent marines firelines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local marine main here, here is my current weapon tier list

M37 > Pulse MK1 & MK2/Carbine > HPR > SMG

Shotguns are REQUIRED for every kit, if you don't include a shotgun you are really messing yourself up, here's why

- It's an amazing backup weapon, if you ever get caught alone this thing can heck up some xenos, but the biggest downside is destroying yourself from acid splash. Usually two PBs are enough to send you into crit

- always put a mag harness, angled grip and BC (bayonet if you can't) on your shotgun. This guarantees you will never lose it.

- With the recent update, flechette has been shown to be top notch for shotguns, as a major advocate for buckshot (I constantly dissed flechette), these past few rounds have proven flechette's capabilities in utterly destroying xenos. Buckshot is still good but I've one shot multiple xenos with flechette.

- flechette is ESPECIALLY excellent with the new MOU53 shotgun, basically a double barrel. It only loads slugs and flechette but the best part is you can turn on burst fire. And since flechette doesn't stun xenos, the burst fire will melt any xeno you PB. The MOU5E isn't great as a backup, since it can only fire twice and reloading is hell

Now the Pulse weapons, these things are great for chasing and keeping xenos at bay

For the MK2 an amazing attachment load out I've seen is stock, BFA, reflex and BC. Needless to say, it will melt xenos.

The carbine is also a great rush/chase down weapon, slap a QFA and a stock on it and spam click on a xeno and they will die.

MK1 Has a bigger magazine size, slightly more damage (I think) and bigger bursts fire than the MK2. Drawback is that you can only buy it with your points which in my opinion is a big waste. Mini medic is undoubtedly the best kit.

The reason I find the HPR lacking is because it's only great in the certain situation of QFA bipod deployment down a hallway, and that situation rarely happens. The HPR does the same damage as a pulse rifle but also shoots significantly slower, if you take this for the frontlines then you'd much rather take MK1 Or MK2 for the sake of utility

Now the SMG, Dear God

I have no idea why it was nerfed, barely anybody used it. The only "broken" thing I would consider for the SMG is duel wielding arm brace BFAs, but that's wildly inaccurate. F for SMG

A great standard kit I suggest is shotgun (mag, AGrip, BC) On your armor (heavy armor gang), pulse rifle (just a rail light is fine) on your backpack slot. Purchase mini medic and get a storage rig from medical, drop the dylo and space, put splints, trauma kit and burn kit in a medical pouch and fill the storage rig with shotgun shells. And lastly put your pulse magazines in webbing and armor.

Btw grenades are utterly shit and should only be used to clear sticky resin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M39 is useless, don't take it unless you know exactly what you're doing. It's got awful accuracy, terrible damage even with AP, and you burn through the magazines at a rate of knots. Firing speed and no decrease in movement speed count for squat if you can't do any damage with it.

Carbine is only good if you take AP + qf/eb, otherwise it's just a single shot SMG. With qf/eb and AP, you can kill a queen alone in exactly 20 shots.

M4A1 is only good if you load AP, else it has no damage and EVERYTHING will shrug it off. Best attachment combo is BC/RDS/Vgrip on burst with AP, which will shred Elder Crushers in 3-4 bursts.

All pistols are bad except the 88, due to a lack of stopping power, small magazines, inaccuracy or a combination of all three. The 88 is the best sidearm you'll find and a very good primary, due to high ammo counts, high accuracy, AP and damage.

Veteran rifle is bad, due to bad accuracy even with attachments, long time between shots, and the burst is bloody awful except at point blank. I believe it's called a veteran kit because only long-time players will purposefully handicap themselves by spending points on it.

The flamer is situational, and more commonly shuts down marine pushes than stops xenos, as not everyone carries a fire extinguisher and xenos can just put themselves out and heal in a few seconds.

You'll commonly see people with the HPR purely FF with it. It's just a big rifle with no AP that will get you targeted by xenos, and is only good with a quickfire/vgrip or quickfire/bipod on a barricade.

Not going to go into spec kits, as they're all situational except for the GL which is either balls-to-the-wall insane or a FF machine, depending on who's using it.

Buckshot shotguns are your god. High damage, good fire rate with macros, stuns and knockbacks. You can pack a metric ton of ammo for them, and they'll third/halfhealth an elder queen in one shot at pointblank.

Your best bet is a rifle on your back with a rail light loaded with AP, and an angled grip/magharness shotgun in your armour slot. Shotgun belt rig, spare AP magazines wherever you can fit them. With this kit and the right mentality, you can and will murder anything coming at you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It twas nice knowing all of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grentex View Post
    It twas nice knowing all of you.

Okay so my previous post in this thread, completely disregard it