User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons Meta?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took me 3 shots from a BC shotty to completely kill an elite spitter. And i went into paincrit as a result. Then it turned out i need the same amount of shots for an elite drone.

Acid splash and pain damage gotta be looked into. Otherwise benos got themselves a permanent blademail with how much damage our guns do right now.

Also this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so here's the thing. Flech's bonus damage got reverted after the first round of the buff, and its AP value got mostly reverted today. Additionally, it was only really good with MOU 53, thanks to the burstfire. But the gun itself got gutted today as well.

Ok so basically buckshot is back on the menu for the only viable shotgun ammo guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nerfs and buffs come and go, but buckshot is eternal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen, listen. All you need, is three machetes, and eight throwing knives with light or no armor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda wish we were more informed as to what has changed with guns and bullets. Just reading generic 'gun was nerfed, damage was changed, AP was lowered/buffed' does not give us much to work on and leads to a lot of assumptions and guesswork.

What do you mean by nerfed common guns? Did you lower the damage? How much did you lower the damage? Did you instead change some other value?

Even just saying 'we slightly lowered the damage the MOU deals' is a helluva more useful than 'has a base damage penalty' which tells us nothing of value. At least 'slightly' implies the damage difference is minor.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely they are planning on nerfing the shit out of xenos to just revert some of the powercreep. Or they got a bug that messed everything up. Otherwise these nerfs make no sense whatsoever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Surely they are planning on nerfing the shit out of xenos to just revert some of the powercreep. Or they got a bug that messed everything up. Otherwise these nerfs make no sense whatsoever.
    but dean said "mArIneS rEaChEd a 75% wiNrAtE"

and the dev team in all their infinite wisdom tried to fix that in the only way they knew how

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    but dean said "mArIneS rEaChEd a 75% wiNrAtE"

and the dev team in all their infinite wisdom tried to fix that in the only way they knew how
    Ya I dont believe that at all unless marines were rolling on high pop. On medium/low even with satanizers we were getting pushed off planet every round last weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im giving a big f

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    That would actually be kino, nerfing everyone to reduce the power creep that has accumulated over the last 6 months is genuinely a good idea.

On topic: The SMG used to have a niche, it was the only gun you could fire one handed making it ideal for medics and engies who were likely to get ambushed and needed a sidearm to defend themselves.

My main issue with it is that after the dual wielding change, all one handed weapons got screen shake. Meaning that even though you can one hand pistols and SMGs firing them is completely different from before and they've completely lost their niche.

Edit: Also, I'm betting 100% what happened with the weapon damage values was they tried to nerf it by 10% and instead it got nerfed by 1000% because of CM's terrible damage system backend.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; 04-28-2019 at 03:38 PM.