Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Weapons Meta?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Okay boys. Best Attachment loadout and settings for new smartgun in your opinion please. Because why not.
    You don't have much options, like really. I guess you can min-max now with BC, BF and maxed accuracy mode on. Sort of a high risk - high reward game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dragging a fuel tank into the heart of the enemy and sacrificing yourself for victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Okay boys. Best Attachment loadout and settings for new smartgun in your opinion please. Because why not.
    Rail flashlight goes without saying. You get light, and no downside to using it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've recently taken to carrying a smartpistol belt and 7 clips. Relfex, laser and BC. Since I play SL I need a backup weapon to get me out of a pinch that I can use to still remain behind marines so I dont get meta targeted by cheeky benos.

It kicks like a mule of you're not wielding but so far it has made most benos retreat quickly but im not sure if it's a worthwile sidearm. Opinions?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    I've recently taken to carrying a smartpistol belt and 7 clips. Relfex, laser and BC. Since I play SL I need a backup weapon to get me out of a pinch that I can use to still remain behind marines so I dont get meta targeted by cheeky benos.

It kicks like a mule of you're not wielding but so far it has made most benos retreat quickly but im not sure if it's a worthwile sidearm. Opinions?
    At this point you could take Revolver to fill this role better. Thanks to smartscope you can harrass benos from the distance, while being safely behind marines. Marksman ammo would be best as you won't rack up kills from any pistol, however you can destroy armor. Laser sight + Stock + BC + PW ammo and you have something even better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My usual attachment loadout for the M4A1 is a skeleton stock, a vertical grip, a 4x scope and an extended barrel. How good is it according to you guys? What should I change about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoBites View Post
    My usual attachment loadout for the M4A1 is a skeleton stock, a vertical grip, a 4x scope and an extended barrel. How good is it according to you guys? What should I change about it?
    Extended barrel may or may not be unnecessary, I'm not sure how it hits xenos on the edge of the screen. Try with and without, see if you hit stuff at max range.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the new pistol rework coming, akimbo will rule.

Dual M4A3 with QFA + BFA (EB if you want more accuracy) is already very good and now we will have the VP-78 portable cannon it will be even better, shotguns had it time, now the meta is all about more damage per second than only huge damage and slow firerate.

M39 with a good setup for example, it can output way more damage then a common M41, who is only recommended if you want go in a UGL run or going medium distance combat, which is the vast minority of the combat. Majority of xenos just engage in close quarters or one way or another you will be at CQC almost every time so having a slow gun isnt good at all unless it is a shotgun.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wait a day when those akimbo sidearms will be added, then will come "fix test", then will come feedback, then will come severe nerfs that will make only a bit more viable than they are now, and they aren't viable at all at the moment.

Mark my words as they apparently really speak the truth, however I usually overestimate how good it will be for marines, so from recent experience I can say that sidearms will be fix nerfed to be worse that they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by LynuahSororitas View Post
    With the new pistol rework coming, akimbo will rule.
    What?

" - rscdel: "Dual-wielding pistols/akimbo has been nerfed. Bullet spread has been increased and accuracy reduced in this mode."

Good luck with dual-wielding anything.

Peestols needed to be able to shoot when stunned/Shell Shocked, not to replace primary weapons, because they won't.
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-23-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    carbine gang