User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Countering the Unga Rush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Countering the Unga Rush

The fog/podlocks/river acidity goes down and hundreds of marines come charging right exactly to the one or two places they know the hive will probably be. Any good tips and tricks for queens trying to save their hives in the first 45 minutes of a round?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From marine point of view, there are lot of things that are difficult to fight when combined at the choke point: sticky resin all over (which few people even try to clean), boiler gas, coupled with crushers and ravs doing their thing. Also, more marines in tight corridor mostly just makes more casualties because there is no room to move out of the way.
    Once they push through they will disperse half the time so lower tiers can be more useful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bait them into a choke with many corners for you to camp in.

Use resin structures

Use Boiler

Use screech

Profit ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boiler, sticky resin and most importantly... EGGS and hugger traps under corpses or just random corpses laying around always make me think four times before pushing as a marine. One thing i've seems a lot is xenos making the first contact aggressively most of the times pressure marines good time but i'm not entirely sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As everyone is saying. Chockpoints, chockpoints, chockpoints.

Marines suffer as the battleines get tighter and more constrained. The amount of firepower the marines can bring to bear is very limited when you are stuck down a very small corridor versus open ground.

Focus on holding chockpoints until the Marines exhaust themselves, or get impatient and spread out.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With burrower tunnels you can constantly move around. Let the ungas rush an emptying hive.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just kill the marines? Not like they do any damage at all :joy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Max T3s, T2s. If burrowed doesnt come out anymore in minutes. Get everyone with you. Wait for delta to rush. Screech. Murderball.
    Rinse and repeat. Won 3 rounds and still counting as queen doing this kind of tactic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    Get Max T3s, T2s. If burrowed doesnt come out anymore in minutes. Get everyone with you. Wait for delta to rush. Screech. Murderball.
    Rinse and repeat. Won 3 rounds and still counting as queen doing this kind of tactic.
    Yeah, I was with you and I saw it work, but I think you ordering sections walled off was also important to making it work.

But I'm not sure if it will still go that easily once the nerf wheel gets another spin and xenos only have 1 HP (or whatever seems like a good idea at that time).

In my personal opinion, combat queening right at the start is poor form, yes it's effective but it's kinda poor sportmanship to just screech the whole marine offensive into shreds 5 minutes after they land.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, he said Chockpoint instead of chokepoint