User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Countering the Unga Rush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 corridor chokepoints, sticky resin, 2 boilers simultaneously gassing and 2 crushers simultaneously charging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, honestly if xenos just hid their presence as long as possible, that'd be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should i wait till Young baldie T3 (69) to get butt fucked by delta rush?

If rushing marines is a poor form of strategy then whats the difference with delta?
    Should i wait till most of my T3s and T2s die then deovi? Then stand no chance in the delta rush because most of my core xenos are already dead?

Xenos get killed one by one because they get caught in the rush alone. You can only beat zerg marines with zerg xenos. Marines should know how to adapt when theres a combat queen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played in an LV round today where the fog fell with 30 xenos fighting against 120 planetside marines.

I don't know how it's possible, even with chokepoints and boilers working around the clock to stop a marine push that has 30-50 marines in west, central, and east caves simultaneously. Especially when supported by the tank and CAS. There's just not enough xenos to defend all the flanks.

Also want to add that the caves were forted up and marines just chewed through the walls with grenade spam.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lv round before that there were 60 plus xenos when they crashed into the alamayer. The round you are talking about had no attempts to capture, so xenos failed
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    The lv round before that there were 60 plus xenos when they crashed into the alamayer. The round you are talking about had no attempts to capture, so xenos failed
    Xenos in general forget that they're supposed to capture over kill as much as possible as well. There was a round where I got cornered on the almayer and ran out of ammo seconds after xenos boarded. I threw my gun and went "welp" as a warrior approached.

Instead of going for the easy grab-and-go for easy infection literally a few meters from the just landed and egg-sacked alamo, the warrior called his beno buddies over and i was slashed to death. Instead of being dragged for more larvae.

Capture>Kill as much as possible or else you end up going 30 vs 80. Also, fuck resin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafs View Post
    Xenos in general forget that they're supposed to capture over kill as much as possible as well. There was a round where I got cornered on the almayer and ran out of ammo seconds after xenos boarded. I threw my gun and went "welp" as a warrior approached.

Instead of going for the easy grab-and-go for easy infection literally a few meters from the just landed and egg-sacked alamo, the warrior called his beno buddies over and i was slashed to death. Instead of being dragged for more larvae.

Capture>Kill as much as possible or else you end up going 30 vs 80. Also, fuck resin.
    Mate there isn't enough time, the round ends before the larva would burst..

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    Mate there isn't enough time, the round ends before the larva would burst..
    if managed properly, larva burst pretty fast

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically a good unga rush, their is nothing you can do. You're absolutely fucked, and you can do whatever you can, but it's not going to be enough against 4 squad hamslamjam. The BEST you can do is consolidate everything, and smash through one set of marines. Then move and smash through the rear of another set of marines. Don't stick around to kill them, just run through their ungaforces causing as much damage and never stopping. Xenos all too often stick around to land three slashes, then get buckshotted, or hith with an AP burst, and can't fight for a few minutes. Or get killed. Xenos best ability is not that they can hold chokepoints, or are strong in CQC, marines can do that, and have all the tools they need to break through as well. Xenos strength is that they can MOVE. Xenos aren't a standup opponent until late game. They're at a disadvantage. You need to MOVE. ROTATE around and murderball.

Also 'capture over kill' is pretty silly since most of the time you try that, you get like 6 captures, and to make them burst fast, you need to have membrane, which means they communicate, and all break out at once. Which means anyone watching is totally fucked. Or all of them are going to suicide. Literally happens ANY time more than 2 or 3 hosts are captured. They break out at the same time, and xenos die, and the hosts die, and it's a netloss. If you can even get them back to the hive. Half the time the marines die from acidspatter as you try to drag them off and you're being shot. Or some shitbag rav/runner/literallyanyxeno slashes them 8 times "They won't struggle n*seizes up and falls limp* Meh."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally just play defense in depth. If you get run over by ungas you are doing something terribly wrong. Boilers are OP as fuck. Resin and hivelord walls are super strong. Weeds are fucking everywhere. Marines fight with 3/4th of their strenght most of the time. Lurkers and runners also either kill or just keep the marine backline busy which again ties up manpower. A single good hivelord can buy extreme amounts of time for aliens by just spamming resin and walls everywhere and if you have 2 boilers that arent total retards and die to CAS or whatever you can hold chokes forever. Even if you lose a few chokes you can just fall back to the next. When they are getting close to the hive you can allways just move the hive somewhere else.

Also you can just play murderball/defeat in detail where the entire hive balls up and just kills the weaker parts of the marine forces and does it again and again and thanks to how OP the queen/screech is there is allmost no counter to it.