User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Countering the Unga Rush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That new fucking boiler acid HIFA is hella strong. As a marine main who refuses to play xeno, I tell ya, any and all acid hurts and with this stuff theres no dodging instant HIFA acid bombs. Even if it aint killing marines it will wound and slow them and make life suck for them, which will get them killed, as you rapid fire that shit off at them. So its really good in the caves if you know how to position yourself. Stops unga's really good since they'll run out of their pain stops and firstaids pretty fast dealing with you.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get spitters, praes, and HEFA boilers

and you pretty much win unless your facing a robust rush of marines who all packed mini medic kits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, the big thing if Defense-in-Depth.

You don't want to have one big defense line, even in the caves. All it takes is one SADAR/B18 to break through it and then it's a full rout.
    Instead, layers of defenses that marines have to chew through one by one is the best method to break their force: You don't want each line to be maximally effective, you want many good enough lines, especially at the chokepoints.

IMO there should always be basic defenses on the beach, but you should not expect to hold them forever. Their purpose is to slow down the marine advance enough for everything else to be ready, and more importantly, tire the marines.
    If frontliners have to spend a lot of time cutting weeds and sticky, they'll eventually get more and more sloppy with the job, which is fantastic news for you, since your home field advantage is not negated by the prolonged presence of marines, at least not as badly.

Mid-round, my favorite trick as a drone is to build defenses on the backline, slowing down reinforcements and evacuations by just being there. If they ignore me, suddenly they'll have a pile of walls and sticky behind them, and if they hunt me down, they've wasted manpower on something that can quite easily escape and be obnoxious elsewhere. Most importantly, this allows actual combat castes to gain further advantage in form of cover and slowdown, which turns lurkers from survivable to dangerously good. Again, they need to spend time and manpower to clear out the flankers.

In cave battles, you should always have room to fall back to. If you can't be pinned down and finished, then you can keep up the fight forever like a proper delayylien, except the marines should be coming for you without salting about you running around the map as a runner. The most important role of defenses after the frontline is to prevent retreats from turning into routs, that is, to allow you to reorganize your position instead of being forced to constantly fall back with little time to heal.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Layers of walls and sticky resin covered with the acid grenades will ruin any Marines day.

Marines that are too focused on kills than sense will just charge over the sticky resin, leaving them very vulnerable to attacks, or more acid memes.

Seriously, as of when I'm writing burn damage is the best way to screw over Marines. Even minor burn damage is sufficent to, at the very least, cause major slowdown in a Marines movement and leaves them even more vulnerable to pusing over that pain crit boundary.

Try and target Medics to further annoy the Marines.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep calm and surrender to the marines. Easy. This strategy has worked for me and many others, and none of you can convince me that other strategy's have any success.

oh and maybe you know don't do the above since its a terrible idea

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having played a number of rounds as Queen I find the most effective way of countering unga rushes is, like has been mentioned a few times throughout this thread, making marines fight for every tile leading towards the hive.

Sticky resin, traps, chokepoints, blind spots, faux-hives w/ nests, eggs, use any and all tools available to make a marine push as difficult as can be. The greatest tools the marines have is the momentum of a concentrated push: if xenos cannot fall back fast enough to a safe spot to heal, they will die. Simple as that.

Furthermore, its always good to have false flags and distractions dotted around the flanks of the main force of marines: groups of runners, lurkers, and spitters are excellent for breaking up unga rushes into smaller pockets since they'll inevitably chase the most annoying target available.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ask devs to drop the fog barrier.