User Tag List

Thread: Paracetamol vs Tramadol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paracetamol vs Tramadol

Hello Doctors, Professors, and Medics.

I'm curious to know your opinions on Paracetamol vs Tramadol. I did some experimenting with Paracetamol last round, and I think it has a lot of potential.

60u is the OD, which will last you through the majority of the round. That means ONE 60u PILL can last over an hour. That's pretty good if you ask me.

However, there are a couple drawbacks in that it doesn't heal brute very fast and reacts negatively with Trama. On the upside, it's a pretty good long term painkiller, which is very useful.

So from what I've tested, it's completely viable take Paracetamol at the beginning of the round, and spend the rest of the round on Bicard for any brute damage. I could totally see myself as a combat medic asking for this from chem. You just have to make sure to tell people, as some bald medics and marines will then use first aid injectors or Trama and kek themselves.

tldr;
    Tramadol: Mild painkiller, heals brute fast, metabolisms fast
    OR
    Paracetamol: Mild painkiller, heals brute slow, metabolisms VERY slow

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Chemistry#Paracetamol

What are people's opinions on this?
    Last edited by popjin; 04-27-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo so uhh, is this a troll post meant for Acid goop?

Cuz nether Tram nor Paracetamol heals brute at all, It only affects pain bro
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to make Para and every medic and doctor will scream at you for that. Expect BE as a researcher if you will hand out those.
    Para is long lasting, but fairly weak painkiller, while tram is quick, but decent at eliminating pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this some sort of an out of season april fool's joke. Neither tramadol nor paracetamol heals any damage, they're painkillers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As previously mentioned, neither heals brute, they just make you ignore a certain amount of pain.

Paracetamel is a 'weaker' painkiller than Tramadol, but lasts much longer and does pretty much exactly the same job. The only reason Paracetamol isn't used is because, when used in conjunction with Tramadol, it becomes toxins.

So, if any medic gives you a Tramadol pill, or if any standard marine hits you with the painstop autoinjector, you're stuffed until you antitox yourself.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60u of Para is a good choice if you're planning to add oxy/inap into the mix.

Otherwise Trama's better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Para giving you tox from mixing it with tram is kinda dumb. They don't have any negatives working together irl if I remember correct. Tram is an opioid while Para is just Tylenol, they do different things to help with pain differently. Id get it if it was oxy/para we were using, but we're giving out straight oxy here not the combo.

ALSO IM HELLA TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT WE CALL ACETAMINOPHEN PARACETAMOL ON HERE. WE'RE THE UNITED STATE COLONIAL MARINES. WE ARENT EURO FAGS. WE CALL TYLENOL ACETAMINOPHEN HERE, NOT PARACETAMOL. SMH SMH SMH SMH.

WHERE MY IBUPROFEN AT. WHERES MY FUCKING MOTRIN AND SOCK MEMES.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the reason why Tram and Para react to make toxins is because a previous head (I forget which, I just know it was one of the two that were outed) didn't like the way certain meds could be combined to give Marines a major edge back when winrate was king and decided to hard nerf chems by making the most popular, potentially OP combinations convert to toxins when put into someone together or even being stored in the same container. This was all before I joined CM, though. I assume Para and Tram make toxins because the mix of short-term, moderate pain relief and long-term, mild pain relief made it easy as hell to endure serious injuries and/or 3+ bone breaks.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    [sip] WHERES MY FUCKING MOTRIN AND SOCK MEMES.
    broken-bones-bullet-wounds-poisoned-take-a-motrin-taking-motrin-19007983.jpg

Drink some water too.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    Para giving you tox from mixing it with tram is kinda dumb. They don't have any negatives working together irl if I remember correct. Tram is an opioid while Para is just Tylenol, they do different things to help with pain differently. Id get it if it was oxy/para we were using, but we're giving out straight oxy here not the combo.

ALSO IM HELLA TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT WE CALL ACETAMINOPHEN PARACETAMOL ON HERE. WE'RE THE UNITED STATE COLONIAL MARINES. WE ARENT EURO FAGS. WE CALL TYLENOL ACETAMINOPHEN HERE, NOT PARACETAMOL. SMH SMH SMH SMH.

WHERE MY IBUPROFEN AT. WHERES MY FUCKING MOTRIN AND SOCK MEMES.
    Ain't no fussing with the tussin