Byond ID?
    Tactical 445

CM Character?
    Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    PDT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Around 20 hours a week, can vary. Some weeks a lot more, but almost always 20 hours on average.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Not really.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes, Bay on the side, used to play fallout 13.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=16171
    (CO App, Accepted)

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...archer#p149943
    (Researcher SSD Ban; Lifted)

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18879
    (Synth App, Accepted)

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...157435#p157435
    (Old Synth App, Denied)

//showthrea...or-Application
    (Pred App, Accepted)

Had to go on the old forums for some of these, I hope I got them all.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No, not other than that SSD ban. (At least I think)

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    About a year and 8 months ago, give or take, I was banned from yogstation. I was a noob and opened a plasma container in medical, someone had a lighter and it lit on fire. Killed a bunch of people.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, of course.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would determine if it was a miss click with a log check, I would look at how many shots were taken. If it was only one, I would probably leave it as an IC issue

If this is not the case, I would check to see if it was an issue of improper escalation or griefing. If so, a ban or warning may be placed, along with a note.

The severity of the punishment would depend on the players notes, if it was a first time offense, I would probably warn. If this was something that he does all the time, I would pop him a 3 to 24 hour ban. Depending on how bad the players history is.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would encourage the player to file a report on the forums, I may also let the council know what happened. But this is a whitelist issue and there's not much that I could do.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Firstly I would attempt to notify an active mentor about him. Although this is a job for mentors, if none are on, I have absolutely no issue with helping the clearly new player get the hang of things.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I don't have to redirect him to an Admin+ staff member, I would encourage him to file a staff report on me via forums if he is unhappy with how I am going about the situation. I would also give the player a note, and give him fair warning about his behavior. If he keeps it up, I would probably mute him from ahelps (if mods have that power) or place a 3 hour ban.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would warn the player about his name, notifying him about the servers name rules. I would then proceed to ask him to choose a new name and change it for him.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This COULD be interpreted as slight LRP, but not really. IC issue, as long as I don't see actual rule breaks, it's fine.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would check logs, and ask everyone involved about the situation. If I find that the survivor WAS hostile from the start, I would inform the marine about how survivors are allowed to be hostile, as long as it wasn't a sudden turn in hostility, but active since the start.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Firstly I would get both sides of the story, and check through the logs. If for some reason there actually was a perma justified law break, I would classify it as an IC issue. Neither trespassing nor theft justifies perma. If these were indeed the charges that the MP placed, I would inform him that charges cannot be stacked. I would check the player notes and instruct him to decrease the sentence, with a reminder about the rules of marine law. I would note him with a warning, and check to see if this is an ongoing issue with him. If so, a jobban might be placed.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Probably try to get the aliens to attack with a QM message, "My children, now is the time to attack, finish the tallhosts!" Or something. Could do some messages to the CO and what not if that doesn't work.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would yell at him in IC, "Hey, you're literally killing everyone with ODs!"

I would also notify another staff member, asking them to investigate him for possibly griefing the poor wounded saps.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform the CLF member that EORG does not apply to other hostile foes. AKA hostiles can keep fighting after end of round.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would check the logs and get the evidence. Check the player notes, and warn the player for round start shenanigans. Punishment may be more heavy if this is a frequent occurrence.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would check logs and see if their statements are true. I would check the player's notes and see if this is something he does a lot. If this is not frequent behavior, I would give him a note and warning. If this happens all the time, a 3 hour ban for Improper Escalation may be placed.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Okay, I would LOOC and or OOC the group, depending on the size, and inform them of Rule 17 (mutiny rules) and ask them to cool it down, or proceed with the proper procedure of mutinies. If these standards are not met, bans may be applied.

I would ask for the five mutineer names, and a valid reason for their mutiny. Along with the reminder of required revivals on both sides after the mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would kindly ask the group of players to slightly cool it down as someone is not enjoying the comments. Although I would still inform the Ahelper that minor IC racism is indeed allowed within CM.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    That's a straight up case of griefing. 7 day ban, file for perma. Ask the wounded to Ahelp so they may be healed.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    So I would question the player to see If he actually didn't mean to do it. Probably proceed to temp/job ban him, with a player note. Severity of the punishment will depend on the note history concerning this rule break. Player could also be new.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Warn the player for LRP, informing them of rule two. I would proceed to note their account.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would inform the player that hivemind is a translation of whatever weird language benos think in, and that saying "dropship" is totally fine.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would inform the player of the RP and metagame standards placed within the rules, giving them a note, and a stern reminder that the marines do not know of the xeno existence before landing. Heavier punishment may be applied if note history justifies it.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Okay, I would get the stories of all four players, asking the spectators what happened. If there was a good amount of RP, and the marine was quite literally saving his own life, then I would classify it as an IC issue. Thorough log check would be needed.

If it was clearly improper escalation, I would note and warn the player, bans may occur depending on note history.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would ask them to cool it down, probably giving another warning or note. I would refer them to staff reports if they feel I did not do things correctly. A mute would be justified if they kept ranting on. This would probably be best handled by a different staff member though, the person is clearly upset with me, and my hand punishing him further would only piss him off. A note check would also help determine the punishment.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    There's nothing I can do for him in this situation, I would classify it as an IC issue, probably referring him to go to medical to fairly get it removed.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would report the situation to the staff manager/head, With the provided evidence. Maybe bring the issue up on a staff channel. If it's misinformation, I would probably just inform him about the information he got wrong.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    That's not really something I should be getting involved in, or trying to handle. I would ask them to take it to a staff channel, or tell the mod manager/higher up about it. Not really something I can resolve.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator because I have been a proud member of this community for a long time, and I would like to further involve myself by becoming a staff member. I want to add in my helping hands, and become a furthered value to the community. I want to ensure that everyone is having fun, and the rules are not being broken, ruining people's rounds.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience and a sense of maturity. You need to stay calm and collective. You need to be able to make decisions with an open and unclouded mindset.

Anything else you
    CM is probably the best game I've ever played. Got more hours in here than everything, so becoming a staff member would be awesome.

A thanks to all those who took the time to read this massive wall of answers. Thank you for having the patience to look into my application and consider me.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers are pretty good, well known player in the community.

Confident you wont be a shithead.

+1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�ll read this I�m greater detail in the morning, answers look ok so far though.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical 445 View Post
    You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    So I would question the player to see If he actually didn't mean to do it. Probably proceed to temp/job ban him, with a player note. Severity of the punishment will depend on the note history concerning this rule break. Player could also be new.
    There's little reason for a larva to be near active fighting for any reason unless they were bursted nearby, unless there's a good reason, perhaps with a witness, it's an issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would ask them to cool it down, probably giving another warning or note. I would refer them to staff reports if they feel I did not do things correctly. A mute would be justified if they kept ranting on. This would probably be best handled by a different staff member though, the person is clearly upset with me, and my hand punishing him further would only piss him off. A note check would also help determine the punishment.
    Salt is the way of CM life, letting them salt in dsay or even trying to just talk to them so they can vent out anger, if they do so in a civil manner even when against you does help. Giving them some time and chatting for abit may give them time and reason to cool down, tacking on a note when they're already mad can make things worse but are often warrented. Keep this in mind, we're all here for fun, we're human, we make mistakes and aren't perfect.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would report the situation to the staff manager/head, With the provided evidence. Maybe bring the issue up on a staff channel. If it's misinformation, I would probably just inform him about the information he got wrong.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    That's not really something I should be getting involved in, or trying to handle. I would ask them to take it to a staff channel, or tell the mod manager/higher up about it. Not really something I can resolve.
    A proper answer for most regards, but as a fellow staff your opinions are respected, for the upper question speaking with them may be better than reporting directly to a manager due to not fully knowing rules and enforcement. I myself have recently learned a few resulting punishments required for certain rule breaks, and changed what the players received entirely before applying them.

With the lower question discussion will most likely happen and may be heated but should be kept calm, being a sort of 'mediator' of making sure each person knows their point is heard and understood while bringing the incident up to the manager will ensure that it isn't just left to an arguement which may devolve to something worse.

Due to your timezone being the same as mine and us looking for those with the ability to cover the EU mornings? (i dunno timezones sue me) I am confident you can cover our less performed hours easily.
    Your answers are good, you're a known good player, you do some good roleplay at times. I am supportive but I'd like to ask you a few questions before I commit to a decision.

1. You notice a staff meta-comming with a player(s). Them running to them across the map with no radio, etc. What do you do?

2. A player has a clear pop culture reference name, and thus breaking our naming policy rule. They said that a fellow staff has talked with them and allowed it, checking with that staff they say it's not breaking it.
    Example name to be exact, John Snauw.

3. You find yourself as the only staff on, an issue arises that you can fix with your mod tools but usually have other staff use due to policy of not using them yourself, do you use your tool to fix the issue yourself or request for someone else to come and fix it and wait for someone to possibly get on?

4. The MP's have arrested the CO for being drunk during briefing, CO ahelps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    There's little reason for a larva to be near active fighting for any reason unless they were bursted nearby, unless there's a good reason, perhaps with a witness, it's an issue.

Salt is the way of CM life, letting them salt in dsay or even trying to just talk to them so they can vent out anger, if they do so in a civil manner even when against you does help. Giving them some time and chatting for abit may give them time and reason to cool down, tacking on a note when they're already mad can make things worse but are often warrented. Keep this in mind, we're all here for fun, we're human, we make mistakes and aren't perfect.

A proper answer for most regards, but as a fellow staff your opinions are respected, for the upper question speaking with them may be better than reporting directly to a manager due to not fully knowing rules and enforcement. I myself have recently learned a few resulting punishments required for certain rule breaks, and changed what the players received entirely before applying them.

With the lower question discussion will most likely happen and may be heated but should be kept calm, being a sort of 'mediator' of making sure each person knows their point is heard and understood while bringing the incident up to the manager will ensure that it isn't just left to an arguement which may devolve to something worse.

Due to your timezone being the same as mine and us looking for those with the ability to cover the EU mornings? (i dunno timezones sue me) I am confident you can cover our less performed hours easily.
    Your answers are good, you're a known good player, you do some good roleplay at times. I am supportive but I'd like to ask you a few questions before I commit to a decision.

1. You notice a staff meta-comming with a player(s). Them running to them across the map with no radio, etc. What do you do?

2. A player has a clear pop culture reference name, and thus breaking our naming policy rule. They said that a fellow staff has talked with them and allowed it, checking with that staff they say it's not breaking it.
    Example name to be exact, John Snauw.

3. You find yourself as the only staff on, an issue arises that you can fix with your mod tools but usually have other staff use due to policy of not using them yourself, do you use your tool to fix the issue yourself or request for someone else to come and fix it and wait for someone to possibly get on?

4. The MP's have arrested the CO for being drunk during briefing, CO ahelps.
    Okay, thank you for looking over my answers, I will respond to your questions.

1. I would investigate the situation a bit further, making sure that I am almost totally certain they are meta-gaming. In my opinion, the best course of action would be to report the incident to the Mod Manager, or someone higher up. I wouldn't wanna make a huge deal about it, but even the staff aren't above the rules, I may even PM them and question them, but due to them being apart of the staff team, I feel it would be best for someone with a higher rank to lay down any necessary punishments.

2. If the name is truly breaking rule 12, Character names, I would remind the staff member about rule 12, and attempt to peacefully get the staff member to realize that names like that are not indeed allowed in the sever. If the name is clearly breaking the rules, and the staff member refuses to allow the issue to be corrected, I feel it would be best to bring it to an admin and ask them to speak to the staff member about the issue. Overall getting the named changed to a none pop culture name. (This is all assuming there's not like some sort of event going on)

3. So this question was slightly confusing, but if I'm right, you're saying if I was the only staff on, and an issue that requires me to use tools that I don't usually use because of policy of not using them myself? Does that mean like it's a personal policy where I CHOOSE not to use the mod tools, or an actually policy where I am not supposed to use them? I'll do both, for the first scenario, if the tools were available to me and I had the right to use them, I was attempt to fix the issue to the best of my ability using said tools, hopefully not fucking everything up, if I can't get it done right myself, I would proceed to ask for assistance from another staff member. Second scenario, If I wasn't supposed to be using the tools, I would definitely call to see if anyone else was willing to come help out, I wouldn't wanna risk getting reprimanded for using them or anything.

4. So as stated in marine law, the Commanding Officer may not be arrested without a written fax from High Command granting them permission. I would get everyone's stories, and gather some evidence, before instructing the CMP, and or MPs to release the CO, as they are breaking the law. Which MPs are not allowed to do on the server (rule 15), I would warn and note all of the involved MPs, possibly giving out some more harsh punishments according to their note histories, and remind/redirect them to fax High Command about the issue so it may be resolved by proper manner. I may even politely ask the CO to cool it down, because for the Commanding Officer of an active operation to be drunk during briefing is kind of low role play. I may even encourage the MPs to file a player report about the issue after the round has ended if they feel that the CO is breaking any rules.
    Commanding Officer Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical 445 View Post
    Okay, thank you for looking over my answers, I will respond to your questions.

1. I would investigate the situation a bit further, making sure that I am almost totally certain they are meta-gaming. In my opinion, the best course of action would be to report the incident to the Mod Manager, or someone higher up. I wouldn't wanna make a huge deal about it, but even the staff aren't above the rules, I may even PM them and question them, but due to them being apart of the staff team, I feel it would be best for someone with a higher rank to lay down any necessary punishments.

2. If the name is truly breaking rule 12, Character names, I would remind the staff member about rule 12, and attempt to peacefully get the staff member to realize that names like that are not indeed allowed in the sever. If the name is clearly breaking the rules, and the staff member refuses to allow the issue to be corrected, I feel it would be best to bring it to an admin and ask them to speak to the staff member about the issue. Overall getting the named changed to a none pop culture name. (This is all assuming there's not like some sort of event going on)

3. So this question was slightly confusing, but if I'm right, you're saying if I was the only staff on, and an issue that requires me to use tools that I don't usually use because of policy of not using them myself? Does that mean like it's a personal policy where I CHOOSE not to use the mod tools, or an actually policy where I am not supposed to use them? I'll do both, for the first scenario, if the tools were available to me and I had the right to use them, I was attempt to fix the issue to the best of my ability using said tools, hopefully not fucking everything up, if I can't get it done right myself, I would proceed to ask for assistance from another staff member. Second scenario, If I wasn't supposed to be using the tools, I would definitely call to see if anyone else was willing to come help out, I wouldn't wanna risk getting reprimanded for using them or anything.

4. So as stated in marine law, the Commanding Officer may not be arrested without a written fax from High Command granting them permission. I would get everyone's stories, and gather some evidence, before instructing the CMP, and or MPs to release the CO, as they are breaking the law. Which MPs are not allowed to do on the server (rule 15), I would warn and note all of the involved MPs, possibly giving out some more harsh punishments according to their note histories, and remind/redirect them to fax High Command about the issue so it may be resolved by proper manner. I may even politely ask the CO to cool it down, because for the Commanding Officer of an active operation to be drunk during briefing is kind of low role play. I may even encourage the MPs to file a player report about the issue after the round has ended if they feel that the CO is breaking any rules.
    Your answers seem fine to me besdies the last part of 4. CO is a whitelist, and while the MP's breaking ML is correct, all punishments outside of direct server rule breaks should be directed to the correct WL council via report for them to handle the CO's issue.
    From the combined answers of your app, your notes, your in game play, your timezone, and your answers here. I support your application, +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your support, guys.

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading through it all and your answers to the additional questions I have no issues with this application and will give you my support.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your consideration and support, forest.

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your answers and the fact that forest has given his support is a great sign. I typically don't give +1's or -1's based on answers alone so I have to think of a couple of things.

We've all been in bad situations before and one of the thing I always think is "How would this person preform if they were stressed". How Do you typically deal with stress in real life?

What makes you want to become a moderator?

What do you like and dislike about our server?