User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Griffith - Improper BE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I was not on at the time, a moderator explained the situation to at the end to me in brief. (Where the marines shot their way into the CLs office and the Captain shot the marines as they entered.) I deemed it reasonable that the Captain would have believed the marines were attempting to mutiny. In the situation of a mutiny it is acceptable for the Captain to fire first. So even if it would have been an issue for the Captain to fire on the marines in that situation (which I dont believe was an issue in the first place) I "rule 0'ed" it. Which made it, and the subsequent killing of the CO without being an actual mutiny, acceptable. So that issue is moot. As for the validity of the BE, I will leave that for the CO council.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make a quick note about the situation. I was the marine who made the "CO is condom" announcement I also witnessed the BE, the defendant had no opportunity to defend himself against the accusations. I feel it is also important to note that that round the CO ordered a fortification of the CIC before the aliens even called down one of the dropships.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a MP that round, CO did order the arrest on the XO. As a rule, as a MP I will not deploy to the planet/station with out express permission from the CMP. I didnt see anything authorizing a planet side arest. I did see the Command announcement Telling the marines to arrest the XO. I had also commented to the CMP that it was odd that the CL was making announcements. The CO repeatedly ordered Marines to CIC when there was no indication of the aliens were going to board the ship. after the second or third announcment, the ship finally went to a higher security level.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys I ordered the marines to CiC to regroup. At no point did I say we were defending the area and I did not order the engineers to make cades. All I said was come to CiC, I encourage the admins to bring up the logs from this.

The marine that was BEd deserved it and if i had the chance I would have BEd Kaleb K as well.

Hijacking the command comms is a really serious offence and you should not be surprised that you were punished.

I worked hard for my whitelist and I will say again that it is my highest priorty to make fun rounds for all.

When shitheads try to fuck that up by stealing my chances to command the marines I have no choice but to act.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but I never deserved the BE because you BE'd me for an announcement I never made.

:shrug:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did deserve it just as much as them.

Not only a few minutes earlier you commited the same crime. A marine recognized that and pointed at you. Had the aliens not been boarding us I would have investigate more or allowed the MPs to handle it.

But in a sitatuion like that when i NEED the command comms, it had to be done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith View Post
    You did deserve it just as much as them.

Not only a few minutes earlier you commited the same crime. A marine recognized that and pointed at you. Had the aliens not been boarding us I would have investigate more or allowed the MPs to handle it.

But in a sitatuion like that when i NEED the command comms, it had to be done.
    You didn't know I made the first announcement; you BE'd me on the suspicion making the second announcement by another marine pointing at me because I was in the command booth when it was sent.

You yourself did not know it was me and the marine who pointed at me was wrong as well.

You even admitted this yourself here:

Quote Originally Posted by Griffith View Post
    I realized that that you were not the one who made the announcement and I aplogise for BEing you as you were not the intended target.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt learn that until later but my point still stands.

You did the crime, serve the time.

In this case the time was a well deserved BE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first announcement the CL accused me of making it, I don't think swagile or anyone else was accused in that but it's impossible to know for sure without the logs.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I am speaking on behalf of the CO's Council, Unless any new evidence comes up from logs I'll leave this at the point that this is.

An honest mistake but you sort of did set yourself for it Swagile.

I'll tell you how, If you made the first snarky announcement and than ran away and when the Captains comes he goes "Who did this?" and nobody pointed at you but saw you do it. Than the second time it happens, based on the information that they saw you do it the first time and pointed at you the 2nd time. I wouldn't blame em.

However it is of the opinion that the Council will say to Donald. You need to be certain in the future if you intend on using the BE mechanic. There can be no more of these "I guess I got lucky this time" Battlefield Executions. While this is not set in stone. I am not sure the logs will provide anything that you both haven't already.