User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medics, why do you bother bringing down fancy guns?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medics, why do you bother bringing down fancy guns?

I see medics kit themselves up with fancy guns with loads of attachments and all I can think is that it's a waste. Whenever I play a medic I'm either not in a decent firing position or there's people I whould be healing. Personally I just bring a pistol for clearing out chestbursters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because you are still a marine. The only real thing that would be a waste would be a BC because it usually drains brain cells and leads to medics being more unga than healing. Everything else, req has in ample supply.

Pragmatically speaking, you can't rely on the average marine and if having a tricked out guns increase your chances of survival when xenos inevitably rush you, then you should do it. Having a pistol does nothing to deter a runner from running up and slashing you and your patient and you can drop it when pounced or tackled and get pushed away from it easily. Having a mag harness + angled shotgun loaded with buckshot means that runner needs to tread carefully or it's going to fucking die.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because sometimes you need to get shit done.

I always carry kit out M41A and a Shotgun on me as a medic, thus I can not only be a contributor in a fight but I can still heal marines to a great degree.

There is no reason to hamstring your weapon loadout as a Medic.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you still got that slot for a gun on your armor, why would you not use it?
    People who say 'i don't take a good gun cuz i'm a medic and my job is to heal' are always gansta till they and their patient both get yeeted by a young drone 420

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still have to defend yourself and you still have to fight. Even just staying just back of the front lines ready to buckshot a lurker should they pounce a marine can be the make or break play which determines whether the xenos succeed in shattering your push or not (in which case there'd be far more casualties than you can treat yourself. If you're even lucky to escape with your life). There are many situations where you have to be proactive with preventing casualties and pushing; and even if you die, there's always a swarm of bald, timid medics who stay so far off the front lines they've practically playing a different map.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nerocavalier View Post
    Because you are still a marine. The only real thing that would be a waste would be a BC because it usually drains brain cells and leads to medics being more unga than healing. Everything else, req has in ample supply.

Pragmatically speaking, you can't rely on the average marine and if having a tricked out guns increase your chances of survival when xenos inevitably rush you, then you should do it. Having a pistol does nothing to deter a runner from running up and slashing you and your patient and you can drop it when pounced or tackled and get pushed away from it easily. Having a mag harness + angled shotgun loaded with buckshot means that runner needs to tread carefully or it's going to fucking die.
    I play medoc so I cAn HeAl myself on the unga rush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flamer for area denial so you can ignore the world and treat everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    Flamer for area denial so you can ignore the world and treat everyone.
    Yeah you'll usually find a M240 flamer in your squad prep to pick up. The only issue with using it as area denial is that once the darn lurker just ran into the fire, dragged my patient through the fire then ran away. I be like, "Well shit"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Bring a mini extinguisher as medic.

Bring buckshot shotgun with MH&gyro or rail flashlight&bayonet are both fine for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread should be retitled to "why do medics miss deployment for fancy guns." You absolutely need protection and a pistol alone doesn't cut it. You also need to protect patients, which is why I don't normally see good medics carry a flamer. Missing deployment is the real sin, especially for squads not on fob duty. It can halt pushes when medics miss first deployment, and it's not worth a few attachies.

Imma pleb that has barely ever played medic though, so what do I know.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine