User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Medics, why do you bother bringing down fancy guns?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean heal people? When im medic that means I have a huge bag of shit to keep myself alive while I solo the entire alien menance by myself. Of course I need a badass gun to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Light armor + Gyro shotgun with buckshot and mag harness.

You�re ready to rumble

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Light armor on Medic is like the worst choice. One sneaky Lurker, or New Movie Sanic Speed Runner + One/Two lucky slashes and he is dying from permastun. For a role that have to stand in the one place a lot while doing other things so it can't watch everything 24/7 cardboard armor is bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At minimum you need Medium Armour as a Medic, you could make a case for Heavy Armour but the issue with H-Armour is the slowdown is barely tolerable at full HP, the moment you suffer minor wounds or a fracture the movement malus becomes intolerable.

This video HKO2006 recorded showcases me using a Combat Medic loadout to kill a Elder Empress (with H-Armour due to me being a cryo marine and trying it out): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB47FvJyAQE

I would not have been able to do that without a more combat oriented loadout.

The thing is, any medic can cram a dozen healing items in their satchel and lifesaver rig. But you can fit more than sufficient medical supplies in a medical rig belt, a medkit pouch and keep your back slot free for a M41A or a Shotgun. You get the lethality of a PFC Marine but the healing prowess of a Medic.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wishful thinking

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because just like other marines, medic is a spectrum between combat and healing, you can be an armored healslut, or a rifleman that can treat boo boos, you dont have to go full heal as medic

engineer has armed construction worker vs shoota that can blow shit up sometimes

spec has second in command leader, or actually being useful and focusing on their weapon

smartgunner has.....cry or become a homicidal maniac by turning IFF off?

SL has JTAC Jockey or the rock breaking the tide for their squad

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I use my s8 scope to find marines that are dead just out of vision.

So many people go down just barely out of sight range. Healing people is half my job.

Recovering people is the other half.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are a fucking CORPSMAN not a DOCTOR

Best way to save a life is to take one, if you don't have a proper gun gun you're literally a snack for EVERYONE.
    Medics without guns or with pistols are absolutely worthless free captures that are taking the medic slot for other people. Spectate how Jackson Dee or Heinrich Ernst play the game if you don't know how much difference can a medic with some actual balls and a gun make.

If you're rocking with a shotgun/M41 you can reliably score few kills - if you actually don't suck at CM combat :^) and save more lives than on the FOB, just don't overextend if you don't have the balls or experience to do so.
    Also, I see no issues with medics asking for shit in req?, most people play medic to heal themselves fast anyway. (ngl that's deadass the best strat because 90% of all marine players around you are brainnnnnnnnnnnnnlets)

People who say 'i don't take a good gun cuz i'm a medic and my job is to heal' are always gansta gangsta till they and their patient both get yeeted by a young drone 420

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry bro, I would rather deal with those pesky runners that tried to get some easy kills on me than rely on some other people to cover me.

Also I'm not sure why you never got in a position where you need to shoot. I always found myself in a situation where I had to help the marines retreat from the frontline or helping the marines attack a position.

If you were always on the FOB, that might be your problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotgun or my recent favourite a 42 with a IFF scope attachment(saving marines from being dragged off just got easier). Medics should just have a regular gun with minimal attachments, BC for examplenis overkill, and well if your a medic you should be saving lives not taking them. If you want to be a fancy battlemedic, be a marine with the medical response kit.