Awesomesauce935 - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Awesomesauce935.

Marine Name
    Garviel Rozencruze.

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Krogur Du'hara.

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, i've read the code several times over my CM playtime.

Yautja Character Story
    Krogur Du'hara had known many hunts, and with them, many hunting grounds; but one thing had been his anchor throughout the varied climates and landscapes, hunts, hardships and prey: his hunting lodge.

Krogur was never comfortable aboard a starship; even the elegant vessels of the Yautja irked him. He disliked the rigid confines of the vessel, each chamber never proportioned quite to his specification - even as a young blood in the training halls there was always something about his surroundings that wasn�t right, but he kept such notions to himself, so as not to be ridiculed by his brothers and sisters.

It was on his fourth hunt - the first three having been quite unremarkable by Yautja standards - that he first built a hunting lodge. It was an unremarkable hovel in the hollow of a dead tree of colossal proportions, built out of necessity, as the bark of the tree emitted a scent that the native jatirii predators found repugnant, giving Krogur a welcome break from the hunt, and somewhere to store his trophies. His home-away-from-home was a welcome change from the stark and lifeless interior of a starship, and on his next hunt Krogur decided to build a hut in the high mountains from packed snow and ice. This quickly became a recurring fixture of Kroger's hunts, and increasingly he began to devote his hunts to the praise of Dlex, so as to gain her blessing upon his fastnesses.

Krogur's brother and sisters are often quick to voice disdain for Kroger's proclivities on the hunt, thinking it inappropriate that their hunting partner is instead focused on a quaint building project in the middle of the hunting ground, but Krogur pays them little heed, as more than once his lodge has been a safe harbour for the entire hunting party when unworthy prey became too tenacious. Krogur is often thought to be a brooding and introverted Yautja, but those who know him well see quite the opposite, as his rigid exterior gives way to a warm hearth within, just like his lodge. Chief among his confidants is Del'therra, his only hunting partner during his 6th hunt, whom was anything but supportive of his interest in the architectural when she first witnessed him picking reeds out of the jungle river instead of searching for traces of their prey.

"The horned beast was here brother, it's tracks lead east of here" said Del'therra as she approached, her attention focused on the display of her gauntlet. "There is a small water body in that direction, with some foothills to the south, i say we head south-east to gain a vantage, then we strike the prey". Krogur did not respond, he was striding through a forest of tall stems, plucking the thickest and most mature, he already had several bundles set aside in a clearing.

Del'therra cocked her head, the only outward sign of incredulity readable from her impassive mask "Brother, what are you doing?" "Picking out good specimens for the ideal weave, you recall the lessons from the training masters on environmental adaptation?" Krogur responded without looking. "Yes, I recall, but I don't see how this helps us kill the beast, it's far too large to snare with such thin materials if that's what you intend". "Oh no, these are to build us safe harbour from the forest floor, i'm going to secure them around the branches of that tree to create a platform of sorts" replied Krogur, pointing at a particularly tall tree with wide and thick branches circling it close to the midsection.

Del'therra was unimpressed; "Such a pointless venture will take at least another four hours; we know where the beast is! we can ambush it and kill it if we leave now - we'll even have time to clean the trophy before sundown". "There's no hurry" Krogur reminded Del'therra, "the horned beast is swift when it's charging a foe, but when it's travelling, it moves at a leisurely pace, and further east of that water body is barrens, it'll have to come back this way. We have plenty of time to get comfortable; in fact, we ought to be prepared, the ship isn�t returning for another three moons". "I'm not here to be comfortable!" yelled Del'therra, clearly out of patience. "I'm here to hunt, not to build a damn tree house, coward!".

With that Del'therra engaged her cloak and leapt into the trees, heading south-east. Krogur for his part, continued his work, after all, what sense was there exerting onself on the hunt without a place to regain one's strength. Three hours later, the tree-platform constructed, with a basic furnishing of fire-dried grass to lie upon and a small shrine to Dlex erected, Krogur heard a distant rumble through the jungle. He scanned in the direction of the sound with his multi-spectrum visor, adjusting the zoom to best see what was transpiring. And what he saw was perplexing.

The horned beast he and his partner had been directed to hunt was larger than he expected, standing at over three meters tall, and twice that long, it was a force of nature as it stampeded through the dense brush, the gleaming horn atop it�s snout slick with luminous green blood. And on the back of the leathery skinned behemoth was Del'therra, her gauntlet blades sunk into the thick flesh of the creature�s back, and a large gouge in her midriff. Krogur appraised all of this in a moment, and sprung to action, leaping down from his platform, and hurling his harpoon at the creature�s flank. If the leviathan had noticed his harpoon embedded in its side, it showed no evidence of pain, and with speed uncharacteristic of something it�s size, smacked Krogur with the side of its thick skull, sending him hurtling through the forest to shatter the face of a large tree.
    Krogur realised there was no hope of fighting the beast in a direct confrontation, and even an ambush alone would be fruitless. With sudden clarity, Krogur understood why the Elders had left them on the planet for so much longer than the average hunt. His back aching, a fresh plan of action resolving in his mind, he engaged his cloak and used his grapple to swing above the creature, Del'therra understood what he intended, and did her best to rise, her arm outstretched.
    Night had fallen when Del'therra awoke, as she struggled to her feet, she nearly fell off the edge she was so close to, she checked her wounds, to see them cauterised, she only vaguely remembered what had happened. A loud crash sounded next to her, and she turned with a start, raising her arms to find her gauntlet blades gone. The figure decloaked, holding no weapon, only a small bundle of sweet-smelling fruits, and a few cuts of meat on a carrying spike.

�You saved me� she said bluntly. �I did� replied Krogur with a quick glance back as he started dicing the meat. �Why? I failed the Elders, I could not kill it.� said Del'therra, easing herself back to the floor. Krogur looked up from his work, fixing her with a state �Because the next few days would be boring on my own, and i still need someone to help carry the trophy. Today we went alone, underinformed, and disorganised, tomorrow we watch the creature, and return here, we must find a way to ensnare it if we are to complete this hunt alive. In two days� time, once rested and prepared, we will take it�s horn.� finished Krogur, handing Del'therra a handful of fruits and meats foraged from the flora and fauna of the forest.
    �You knew id fail?� asked Del'therra quietly. �No� Replied Krogur, �I knew we wouldn�t succeed without being prepared, we�re not in any hurry. Finish eating and get some rest, I recommend you sleep further from the edge this time.�

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Kroger has a disdain for leaving the hunting ground before the hunt is concluded, and as such will primarily operate from a hunting lodge constructed in a quiet area of the map, unlikely to be at the forefront of a xeno or marine offensive. The Lodge may include a shrine to Dlex, as Kroger feels that a proper lodge can only stand with her blessing.

As a result, he will deposit his trophies in his lodge, and make it presentable and somewhat fortified to protect it. As he will rarely leave the planet, this will present opportunities for would-be challengers to reclaim the remains of their fallen comrades. Those who are chosen for an honour duel may be invited to the lodge to offer their prayers to their deities, whilst Kroger seeks the blessing of Kehrite Bhu'ja before the coming fight.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    A hunt is a sportive activity conducted by one or more Yautja, whom choose unwilling and unwitting targets to be prey, and hunt and kill them with the intent of securing trophies and honing their hunting skills. Prey may only be targets deemed worthy to be hunted, and as such must be fit and able to defend themselves and be judged to be a target of notable ability, making them worthy of the Yautja's notice.

An Honour duel is a 1v1 fight to the death between a Yautja and a target of exceptional character and/or ability, which may only be initiated by a Yautja, and must be fought with melee weapons provided by the Yautja. It must be supervised to ensure that the rules of honour are enforced, and should the challenged emerge victorious, they will be rewarded, and considered equal to the Yautja.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Other predators will be welcome in my hunting lodge and will be treated warmly if they decide to visit, or if encountered in the hunting ground. I will board the ship if my brothers and sisters require my presence and will aid them whenever the code of honour requires it. I am likely to back down from any squabbles among the Yautja where it is unclear who is in the right, as Kroger is not confrontational with his brethren. Any fellow Yautja (of equal status) who express disdain for my proclivities will be ignored and treated coldly

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Personally, I�d like to experience a round of CM from a new perspective and enjoy playing the role of an antagonist to the humans and aliens with a more interesting motive than "kill and capture".

I also am interested in giving other players enjoyable experiences, as I�ve always found encounters with predators to be exciting, due to the uncertainty of their temperament and their individual strength.

Predators are also an avenue for some of the higher roleplay, which is very enjoyable when taken seriously.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a Whole squad on your lodge some of them just stand messing around your place, others just stand still doing nothing and another one just go and destroys your shrine.

What you would do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    There's a Whole squad on your lodge some of them just stand messing around your place, others just stand still doing nothing and another one just go and destroys your shrine.

What you would do?
    Krogur would be quite vexed by this, but as he is patient, he would watch from cloak and make note of those who had most disrupted his refuge, and wait for them to leave. Once they've moved on and the lodge somewhat restored; the worthy prey among them will be hunted.
    Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
    Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Storys not terrible but its not amazing either. Ive seen you IG a few times and your not a shitter from memory but ive not seen you enough that youve stood out either. Ill remain Neutral leaning towards +1 for now until i see some more replys and answers.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, You don't feel any angry about your shrine being completely destroyed by those stupid oomans?

They're disrespecting your honor and by that messing with you.

What you would do if instead of marines it was another predator that destroys the shrine and insults you?

Whitelisted Predator SpartanBobby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed the story can't say I've seen you around much ingame but you seem pretty active on discord which is pretty good considering most pred related stuff goes in there
    +1
    !!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player isn't a shitlord and has the synth whitelist.
    application looks fine to me, so he has my vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    So, You don't feel any angry about your shrine being completely destroyed by those stupid oomans?

They're disrespecting your honor and by that messing with you.

What you would do if instead of marines it was another predator that destroys the shrine and insults you?
    While Krogur would be pretty annoyed at the humans for doing that, there are a few reasons he wouldn't jump to immediate action:

1. He understands that they are lesser creatures that know little better, so his annoyance is tempered by this fact.
    2. He's very patient, preferring not to act rashly and without a plan.
    3. My IG choices to get rid of them are spooking them with noises (which i might do to encourage them to leave), Asking them nicely which is just not happening, or demand they leave.

If i demand they leave, and they refuse, i'll have to kill them all, which is not a situation i want to be in, because either i'm going to ruin what could have been a good selection of prey for a traditional hunt, or i'll get dunked on and someone is going to have to confiscate my gear from the marines.

I would like to know how you'd handle the situation though Edgardo.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is really nice, I like it. The back and forth between the sister and your pred are funny. I'm glad you took my feedback to improve your story.
    Edgardo might jump on you for not going straight at humans for disrespecting your shrine, but in game that would just make people salty. I like your playstyle and your pred's personality.

+1 !
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Story is really nice, I like it. The back and forth between the sister and your pred are funny. I'm glad you took my feedback to improve your story.
    Edgardo might jump on you for not going straight at humans for disrespecting your shrine, but in game that would just make people salty. I like your playstyle and your pred's personality.

+1 !
    Thanks a lot! I went ahead and posted it despite asking you to take a look at it, i was pretty confident that it'd do well. Thanks for the help in my first draft!

And thanks to everyone else for your support so far.

LIZARD PANIC!