Jr1423ye - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    jr1423ye

Marine Name
    Apollo 'Chariot' Kendric

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Nan'dchaalh

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    For full transparency here is all of my notes.

Banned by XXXX|Duration: 180 minutes|Reason: EORG
    by XXXX on Wed, July 5th of 2017

Banned by XXXXDuration: 180 minutes|Reason: EORG
    by XXXX on Wed, September 12th of 2018

^Ban above was placed due to a mistake, player unbanned as a result.
    by XXXX on Wed, September 12th of 2018

Shot another player who FF'd him. warned not to do it again.
    by XXXX on Sun, April 21st of 2019

Regarding the latest and recent note; In all my time playing CM, I have never done something like this before. It is not something I do on a regular basis and something I will never do again, there is no one to explain a way out of this as I did break a rule and there is no condoning that yet I hope my mostly clean record can allow you all to see past said incident and believe me that it will never happen again.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes I am.

Yautja Character Story
    -PRESENT-

Nan'dchaalh kneeled perched atop a warehouse partially watching the battle going on below and partially sharpening his wrist blades. The blades were quite dull and very visibly worn down needing full replacement. Nan's armor was slimmed down to the very bare bones to allow for quick movement, he wore not much else besides a trophy bag and a grappling hook near his waist, he bore no weapons besides his wrist blades which he now retracted as he finished sharpening them. Nan sighed gazing down on the battlefield, shots fired off between two groups of humans. Nan had surmised they were fighting over the position to use as a staging ground for a larger army. It once was a harbor based military compound that was quite run down perhaps, from a long lost war. Nan's eyes narrowed as he watched a medic alone working on a man who had been shredded by a claymore. Nan spotted another human come around a corner and quickly take cover firing at the medic who also returned fire. Nan quickly got up and backed up a bit before running forward and leaping to the nearby warehouse roof just across the way. He quickly ran along the roof towards the confrontation. He picked up the pace as he saw the medic take a round in the shoulder and let out a blood curdling scream. The soldier came out from his cover and began moving Towards the medic to get a better angle.. Nan reached the edge of the building and watched as the soldier fired two more rounds into the medic one piecing his stomach and the final one into his head finishing him off. He waited a moment, observing the soldier before jumping off the side of the warehouse and landing on the ground, rolling to break his fall.

He stood facing the soldier who's facial expression turned from guilt, to fear then finally confusion. He then proceeded to gather himself and his facial features turned to anger, as he raised his rifle and began to fire upon Nan. The Hunter sprinted towards the soldier bobbing and weaving to avoid most of the rounds taking a couple centre mass, as he reached the soldier he grabbed the rifle and pulled it forward raising his knee at the same time causing the soldiers chest armor to crack and for him to wheeze and fall to his knees. Nan extended his wrist blades and sliced the rifles sling, he brought the rifle up and swiftly brought it down onto his knee breaking many pieces of it off, he then quickly threw it to the side. Nan stepped back from the soldier and turned on his translator speaking, "You will hunt and kill a man who is preoccupied with helping another? But will you attempt to hunt me?". The soldier looked very confused and angry and he quickly grabbed his knife from his boot charging Nan. Nan grinned and opened his palms breathing out slowly preparing for the fight.

-PAST-

Nan'dchaalh stood unarmored with his hands raised in a fighting stance, the wind blew across the training grounds from ocean. He breathed slowly preparing himself, infront of him was another Yautja, a friend of Nan's Rakna'halde. Looking left and right were other pairs of Yautja readying for training, an instructor of the young stood in the middle of all the groups speaking

"The hunt for the Gahj'la is much different than the hunt for most tribes!".
    The signal to start the training was called and Nan was caught off guard and Rakna sweeped Nan's legs from under him. He hit the sand hard and twisted to the side as a foot aimed for his head whizzed by. Nan used his legs to wrap around Rakna's leg to set him off balance, planting an arm into the ground and quickly popping up back onto his feet taking a step back ready for the next attack. The instructor continued to speak while they fought

"Any weapon that extends your reach or strength is considered a great dishonor to our tribe, if you cannot hunt and fight without them you do not deserve to hunt!"

Nan quickly stepped forward and planted a hand on the back of Rakna's neck wrenching him forward and getting a hold under one of his arms and twisting it behind his back, Nan kicked out the back of Rakna's knee causing him to fall to his knees.

"The only weapons you need are your body and wrist blades! Remember your fists and feet are not your only asset, you have your elbows, and knees!".

Right after the instructor finished his sentence Rakna flung his left arm back and connected with Nan's face causing him to stumble back. Rakna got up and then two began exchanging blows one after the other. Neither of them won the fight by the time training was over. They returned to camp discussing technique for their next duel.

-PRESENT-

The soldier ran forward swinging his knife wildly at Nan; Nan stepped backwards with each swing observing the soldier as he dodged his attacks. The soldier took a stabbing swing towards Nan's chest, Nan extended his arm and caught the soldiers wrist stopping the blow. With his arm in place Nan twisted the soldiers wrist breaking it with a loud crack causing him to scream in pain as he fell to the ground along with the knife, he started crawling backwards to get away from Nan. Stepping forward and extending his wrist blades Nan kneeled next to the now cowering soldier.

"You do not deserve to hunt another day, me killing you is a blessing to Paya."

"You speak English? Please don't kill me! I'm just following orders!"

"Do not beg for mercy it is pathetic.. who is giving you these orders?"

The soldier began to stammer and stutter, Nan pressed his wrist blades against his throat.

"Speak."

"Li-Lieutenant Corbin"

"Tell me where I can find him."

"He'd be at o-our FoB, it's j-just south down the Highway"

Nan looked over the soldier who was visibly shaking in pain due to the broken wrist.

"You may have acted dishonorable but in telling me this you have earned the right to live another day."

The soldier began to thank Nan as he collected his knife and put it in his trophy bag, using his grappling hook Nan was quickly on the rooftops again. The fighting had died down and with a trophy from the nights activities Nan decided to retire to his lodge, down a forested path a few kilometers from the harbour base was a small lodge built into a cave. Opening the door Nan's nose perked up as he smelt the aroma of a stew cooking, looking to the makeshift kitchen he saw Rakna preparing the meal.

"Ah, welcome home brother. I expected you to be out for another night.

"Greetings brother, I decided to rest for the night as I was able to collect a trophy in tonight's hunt."

"You must tell me about it, but later. Come eat now while the stew is hot."

The two sat down and began to feast as Nan recalled the story to Rakna.

-PAST-

Eerie drips could be heard all throughout the weed infested cave that Nan stood in. He was on his first hunt, an unblooded malee attempting to complete his right of passage. Inside of this weed infested cave layed a hive of Xenomorphs, Nan was stealthy moving along the side wall of the cavern attempting to get further into the hive to gather the attention of a Xenomorph. It wasn�t long before he made his way into an old nesting ground; the smell was foul as bursted corpses rotted still attached to resin nests. Nan inspected the nesting area and made his way around the corpses closing each of their eyes out of respect for the fallen, even though they were human Nan thought it best not to disrespect the dead. After finishing he heard running behind him. Nan turned and peered through the darkness trying to spot the noise. Suddenly bursting from around a corner came a Runner lunging straight for Nan, raising his arms he was able to direct the pounce overtop of him causing the runner to land behind him. As he turned around he extended his wrist blades and began to stare down the Runner as it began to circle him, it wasn�t long before another pounce; but this time Nan was prepared. Sidestepping Nan extended his arm giving the runner a deep gash along its side causing it to roar and acidic blood to be splashed across Nans exposed arm. The sensation of a Xenomorphs acidic blood was new to Nan and he winced in pain but it dulled quickly as his own blood diluted with it. Nan roared himself as he went on the offensive running forward swinging at the Runner as it backed up dodging each swing. Lost in the heat of the fight Nan didn�t see the Runner ready itself for another pounce and was effectively caught off guard, he hit the ground on his back with the runner on top of him slashing at his chest repeatedly. The scrapes in Nan�s armor got deeper and deeper almost down to his skin before he thrust his arms up into the Runner�s chest sliding the blades down. The Runner let out one last viscous roar before falling limp onto Nan�s chest. Sliding the Runner off of his chest Nan stood up flicking the acidic blood from his hands and arms, he celebrated silently as he kneeled down retracting his blades.

�I thank you for allowing me this successful hunt Paya.�

He remained silent for a few minutes reflecting before moving over the Runner; he gathered some of its blood on his fingers and raised his left arm. Over the next few minutes Nan carefully burned his clans symbol into his left inner forearm. After completing his task he extended his blades once more to collect a trophy from the beast, he choose the set of claws that had violently torn at his armor nearly destroying it as a fitting trophy. Nan began to move silently out of the cave thinking his hunt was over, unfortunately the commotion had stirred up a larger creature than Nan had anticipated on hunting. Nan saw it before he heard it down the hall running towards him was a facehugger, Nan extended his blades and ran towards it. The creature lunged towards Nan but was unable to get close enough to attach as Nan sidestepped the lunge slicing the creature in half with his blades. The potent acid caused Nan to flinch and whip it off his hands, he emitted a low grunt as it burned at his skin. Trouble was not over as he looked up around the corner of the cavern wall came lumbering a Hivelord, crawling with more facehuggers. Nan�s breathing slowed as the beast began to throw facehuggers at him, one after another he cut them from the skies with his wrist blade. But Nan wasn�t quick enough for all of them as one made contact with his face wrapping around his neck beginning to rip off his biomask. Nan wasted no time and thrust both of his wrist blades up into the creature cutting his own mask in the process and covering half his face and neck in the potent acid within the creature. The pain didn�t matter as long as he had not dishonored his clan by succumbing to the implanting. His vision was blurred and he felt quite dizzy as the facehuggers chemicals had their way with his body, he stepped forward towards the hivelord and nearly fell but he dragged his feet onward. With the last of his strength he leaped forward onto the Hivelords chest grabbing at the back of its neck with one hand and viciously stabbing into it with his wrist blades over and over. Everything felt calm as Nan drifted away as the creature collapsed, Nan awoke not knowing how much time had passed one arm still stuck inside the Hivelord. He gathered himself and made his way out of the cavern into the light once more.

-PRESENT-

It was a dreary day outside as rain poured upon the land, Nan geared up for the hunt and he looked up surprised to see Rakna doing the same thing. Nan laughed and spoke

�I haven�t seen you hunt in the rain in over ten years Rakna, what's different about today?�

�I don�t know brother, I just have a good feeling regarding a hunt today.�

�I understand, I wish you good luck on your hunt.�

Rakna gave Nan a nod before disappearing out of the lodge. After he finished gearing up Nan set off for the FoB, he ran along the forest floor keeping off of the roads that were frequent with other soldiers. It took a few hours but Nan reached his destination and he swiftly climbed a tree to get a vantage point on the FoB. It was in the middle of the highway acting as a checkpoint for both sides, a tower in each corner and barbed wire surrounding it. Nan sat comfortably in the tree watching the outpost, he noted down shift changes in the tower guards and looked for his target. It didn�t take long before he saw who he suspected to be Lt. Corben, a small framed man wearing heavy armor for his position and size. He was barking orders at other soldiers but it was too far for Nan to make out what he was saying. The rain quickly turned into a full blown storm, lighting and thunder lit across the skies, Nan began to make his move during a shift change on the closest tower to him. Tossing his grappling hook up and scaling the tower in mere seconds before hopping off the side landing safely before the other guard took his post. Moving stealthy through the FoB Nan was pressed up against a tent waiting for a patrol to pass when he heard something peculiar over one of the various radios around.

�Lt. Corbin do you copy? There is a large creature about 7� tall holding several of our guys at gunpoint all tied up in one of the harbor docks. Im telling you this thing is massive and mean looking�

Hearing this caught Nan off guard, he listening more intently to the radio chatter while he leaned up against the tent. After listening and trying to figure out what was going on Nan decided to call off his hunt and he turned around running for the fences leaping over into the forest beyond the FoB. In his haste he hadn�t seen the claymore planting in the grass, trying to jump out of the way Nan was pelted in his right leg with multiple steel balls. He roared and caught the attention of the guard towers who also began to shoot at him, limping badly he ran through the forest in the direction of the harbour. Stopping briefly he pried out the balls closest to the surface and sealed the wounds leaving the deeper ones for later. Running as fast as possible he made it to the harbor where once on a rooftop he saw a large force of men surrounding a warehouse just beside the ocean all pointing there weapons at the building. Various men were shouting orders and Nan couldn�t figure out what was going on so he decided it was best to find out first hand. He leaped from a nearby rooftop and smashed through one of the buildings windows landing inside. His heart dropped as he saw Rakna holding a rifle aiming it at several tied up men all trying to speak through their gags. Looking over Rakna he saw his face was severely mangled and his biomask was all but destroyed, Nan spoke loudly

�Brother! What are you doing to these men?�

Rakna turned and faced the light allowing a better view of his face, his whole right eye was missing.

�These are dishonorable creatures Brother! They ambushed me during a honor duel!�

�Rakna release these men!�

�Brother� you would allow these unworthy men another day of life?�

�If this is the way you would take it from them, then yes! Brother.. I am sorry but our code demands it. Rakna�halde, I challenge you to an honor duel for breaking clan Gahj'la traditions!�

�Very well brother� I accept..�

Nan began stepping forward extending his wrist blades, his limp was very bad and moving quick was not an option. Rakna did the unthinkable, he raised the rifle he held towards Nan

�Brother! No!�

Nan yelled as Rakna began to fire upon him, bullets pierced through the right side of Nan�s body causing him to roar in pain and fall briefly to his knees and Rakna began to reload the rifle. Nan looked up at Rakna as he finished reloading and aimed the rifle back at Nan.

�You are just as dishonorable as these men for trying to save them. I hope the gods have mercy on you brother.�

Nan couldn�t speak as he felt his chest tighten, one of the bullets had pierced his lung. Rakna pressed the rifle against Nan�s head, Nan closed his eyes waiting for it� �click� his eyes shot open as Rakna fiddled with the rifle. One of the marines shot up and rammed into the side of Rakna setting him off balance, Nan took this chance and with all his effort slammed his left wrist blade into Rakna�s neck. Nan coughed blood onto the floor as Rakna fell to the ground, his eyes were hazy and his mind was foggy. The marines celebrated and began to try and get their ties off. Nan swiped on Rakna�s wrist gauntlet activating the self destruct before standing up looking to the marines saying one thing in english

�Run.�

after this Nan walked forward towards the water as Rakna beeped. Nan dived forward into the chilly depths as the self destruct went off above him....

Nan coughed violently spewing water from his one working lung, he lay on a beach unsure how far from where he fell in. Attempting to stand he only fell back into the sand, he lay there for a long time before beginning to crawl back to his lodge.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Nan is quiet yet respectful Yautja who would take the take time to give the dead a proper send off even if it delayed a hunt even though he is like this Nan is not overly religious and neither is his clan. They respect the gods but do not worship extremely as other clans do, he was born into a clan with harsh rules and traditions. He is fiercely loyal to his clan's customs and in turn his clan brothers and sisters. Those customs being a modified version of the code of honor, disallowing any and all weapons besides wrist blades and bare fists and always would fight an opponent with these weapons even if they are considered unworthy prey because their weapons technology is weak and he wants to show that to them before they die.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is a fair fight between two consenting parties, usually a challenge to uphold the honor and integrity of one's self or clan. The duel will end when either one of the participants can not fight anymore or dies.

A hunt is a when a predator actively goes out and observes prey searching for creatures of note that would bring honor and glory to themselves and their clan. Usually after a trophy would be collected from the dead creature to remember the hunt.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Nan would treat all Yautja with respect and honor provided they do the same to him. He understands his clan's customs are not the norm when it comes to Yautja culture but this won�t stop him from attempting to convert other Yautja to their ways if he can. If he was not currently hunting prey you might find him watching a Yautja from another clan hunt observing their techniques and tactics, but if Nan happened across a Yautja that broke the honor code in any way he would instantly challenge them to an honor duel as per his clan's customs.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    The reason I want a predator whitelist is quite simple, over the few years I have played on CM I have had three one on one encounters with predators and each one was very memorable. Either something happened that was very exciting or scary and made me so excited to see another predator to have just as much fun as the last. I want to be able to give people that satisfaction of a great roleplay scenario with a predator that those predators gave me. I really enjoy roleplay and /try/ to do it as much as possible during a round where it fits. In short, I want to give someone such a good experience they strive to become a predator just like I am doing now.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Jr1423ye; 05-03-2019 at 12:43 AM. Reason: The App broke and half of it was missing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half the app was missing due to some error. It should be fixed now sorry for that.
    Last edited by Jr1423ye; 05-03-2019 at 12:44 AM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a good talk this morning about your pred and your app. You showed a good understanding not only for the game preds but also lore preds and the grey in between. Long as you keep what i said in mind about your playstyle etc (again with recent changes using wristys only is more than likely not as broken and in the future will likely be even less so) Im sure youll do fine.

Others reading his story please note the formatting was abit better before posting i assume problems woulda happened as he was cleaning it up and copying to post.

Good story all together though and recent note aside which is a slip up and we all make mistakes now and then i have no problem seeing you as a predator. +1 and good luck my dude

Edit: Oh one question to answer for people reading the app: Your pred sees another breaking the code (assumedly not in such an egregious way that staff are needed) and following his clans customs he challenges said predator, who then denys the challenge. What would they do and how would they react?
    Last edited by 420M.Y.K; 05-03-2019 at 12:52 AM.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your question 420.

If a predator was to deny his challenge then he would be taken back quite a bit, to him and his clan denying an honor duel is unheard of. He would almost be lost unsure of what to do, he would definitely pass on the knowledge to other predators that this predator denied his challenge. In his mind, if he was to tell other predators this then the predator in question would be forced to accept the duel in order to clear his name of such blasphemy. Should all else fail and a duel never happen he would steer clear of the predator in question and if he did see them again, he would issue another challenge.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no longer a council member, but your recent note is a dis qualifier from predator.
    Unless the new council changes it, the policy is clear as day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "Read me" says that you should be free of notes for 30 days and considering it's my only note like I said in my app I was hoping for leniency regarding it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr1423ye View Post
    The "Read me" says that you should be free of notes for 30 days and considering it's my only note like I said in my app I was hoping for leniency regarding it.
    Every other application has been denied that had notes within 30 days. Unless the new council changes it, but I believe in fairness across the board.
    You shouldn't be given a pass when others have been denied, but that's not my call anymore.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you Ff'd the other marine, what did you expect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wasn't thinking. I was covering a cade and he walked behind me and started shooting me in the back, I walked out of the way and he took the cade and didn't say sorry or my bad and like I said I just wasn't thinking and shot him back.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gonna leave my vote when the term 3 appears.