Bishopil - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Bishopil

Marine Name
    Baptiste/Malique H. Charlton

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Isaac

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    I am. On top of that, I've read every guide, the wiki, former applications, etc. I've read it all.

Synthetic Character Story
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Big thanks to Jakkk and SolubleWhenWet for helping me with my application and answering my questions.

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    My Synth's quirk is that he loves the arts. He will often reference music, playwrite, art, etc. when commenting on the scene of a battlefield or matching a marine's hum to a piece of music. I have a full understanding of how Synths should and would act and I would perform the expectations in practice.

I can and will play all support roles if requested, of course.

I will also do my best to create fun and interesting roleplay interactions with my quirk. I intend to play him how the community expects a synth to act. I know the Synth rules, the restrictions, etc. I will abide by the guidelines and the standards when I am playing my synthetic.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    Medical: Easily my strongest suit. I know most medicine recipes by heart, I know all surgeries by heart, and I can perform surgery in the field or on the ship. I know what the overdose limits are and what does what, etc. If anyone recognizes me (hopefully they will since I've been trying to make myself obvious for the past few months), they will know that I often play CMO, Doctor, and squad medic when I play support.

MT: My second best role. For a while I mained CE and MT. I know how to construct effective FOBs, I know how to repair robotic limbs, build MedBots, repair/build APCs, load the OB, fix telecomms, deconstruct and reconstruct walls, etc.

CT/RO: Tied for second. I am a great CT and a decent RO. I've recently mastered the roles and can perform the job effectively.

Science: This is my third best and probably one of my favorites. I know how to make most medicines by heart, I can make medical grenades, I can make chemical grenades that cause immediate mental retardation, etc.

SO: My worst subject, but don't take that the wrong way. I can be a decent SO, but I prefer not to. I have the know hows of dropping crates, over watching effectively, and I have map knowledge.

Bonuses:
    SL: I am a frequent SL when I play marine. My preferred squads are Charlie and Bravo. While this isn't a "support" role, it still takes knowledge of the maps and competence.

Survivor: I play this shit all the time and I love it. To be honest, if accepted, one of the first things I will do is be a synthetic survivor. I love the difficulty and skill it takes to survive on the colony. I always have my preference set to survivor because it's actually one of my favorite things to do. I mention this because survivors usually have to have a decent knowledge of engineering and some medical. They also need wit and a good knowledge of SS13/CM to survive.

Why should we whitelist you?
    The council should whitelist me because I have an exceptional knowledge of the mechanics of CM. I know that I have the ability to create exceptional roleplay situations as a Synth that anyone can enjoy. I'm not the average player trying to get a new and cool whitelist. Synth is a role that I would love and I can see myself doing exceptionally well.

I have studied the guides, talked to the council, looked at previous applications, and done everything I can to prepare for this.

I started playing in 2018 and since then I've come a long way. I had notes for some bad behavior, but I've learned since then. Hear me out.

I am currently job banned from MP. I am currently appealing. This ban was from when I first started CM and didn't know how anything worked. Was it a shitty idea for me to pick MP? Yes, and I understand that. I also understand that job bans do not look good on an application. I understand that people are going to be concerned about this, but I can assure you that mistakes like that will not happen again.

If you're wondering, I do know how to properly detain people as a Synth only when requested and I know how to do everything MP related while playing Synth.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    Not in the last 30 days.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes
    Last edited by Bishopil; 05-08-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, thank you for applying! Got 2 questions for ya.

Do you think that you've changed since your MP ban? How so?

You said that you're able to create exceptional roleplay situations, can I have an example?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some clarifications:
    - synths can process people now, but only if the person that requested the arrest tells you the charge and time,
    - "I must follow any direct command from a higher authority than me" - wrong, you have to follow any non-stupid, lawful order, only from officers
    - synths cannot drive tanks at all, unless due to very special circumstances and even then you need admin permission

Don't think I've ever seen you in game, probably due to timezone, but I trust you when you say you know support roles.

I like the quirk and the story is okay. Not a fan of describing surgeries step by step, just feels like you trying to show off that you know what you're doing. You don't have to do that.

Questions:

"Baptiste reads the marine�s expression and squints." - why does your synth squint here?

Can you describe your synth's personality a bit more?

Why the name "Baptiste"?

Do you plan to spend more time shipside or deploy when possible?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Okay, thank you for applying! Got 2 questions for ya.

Do you think that you've changed since your MP ban? How so?

You said that you're able to create exceptional roleplay situations, can I have an example?
    I do think so. I played yogstation before CM and I always tried to do wacky things. When I joined CM, I picked MP and didn't really have self control of what I was doing because at the time, I didn't main the server; this is now the only SS13 server I main. Since then, I've come to love this community. I play when I can and I play with professionalism. Examples of my maturity since my job ban is shown through my appeal. I am working to create the best image of myself for the community and I'm trying to be more involved. I think that this whitelist is a good way for me to prove that I'm not as disengaged as I once was.

What I mean by that second quote is that I would create interesting dialogue. For example, If I made a comment about art and someone asked me about it, I would go into depth. It's hard to explain, but I would do my best to keep my character.
    Last edited by Bishopil; 05-03-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Some clarifications:
    - synths can process people now, but only if the person that requested the arrest tells you the charge and time,
    - "I must follow any direct command from a higher authority than me" - wrong, you have to follow any non-stupid, lawful order, only from officers
    - synths cannot drive tanks at all, unless due to very special circumstances and even then you need admin permission

Don't think I've ever seen you in game, probably due to timezone, but I trust you when you say you know support roles.

I like the quirk and the story is okay. Not a fan of describing surgeries step by step, just feels like you trying to show off that you know what you're doing. You don't have to do that.

Questions:

"Baptiste reads the marine�s expression and squints." - why does your synth squint here?

Can you describe your synth's personality a bit more?

Why the name "Baptiste"?

Do you plan to spend more time shipside or deploy when possible?
    It was implied with the higher command thing. I know that I am programmed to have to follow marine law, no matter what. Sorry for being unclear.
    I read on another application when someone answered a question, that they could only drive the tank if it was shipside and it was requested by command to be returned to garage for example. If I am wrong, apologies. Now I know.
    I'm not a great story writer, but I understand where you're coming from. I tried to avoid this by not including the part where I closed the ribcage and applied bone gel before using the cauterizer, but I guess I left in too much.

Questions:
    Baptiste squints because he wants to express a general annoyance when the marine ignores his question. It's all the case of him trying to blend into the crew and the marines. He does it for effect.

My synth's personality is a generic one; not including the quirk. He does what he's told under the marine law, he's typically calm and collected, obedient, and he's good at what he does. My synth's quirk is the bread and butter of what I wish to represent him as. For example, let's say the map is LV, my synth would likely make a comment about the Nexus and compare it to art from the modern or past age. If a marine is humming on a ship or tapping his finger, Baptiste might make a comment on the rhythm.

What I was thinking about making him doing is being very dramatic as an alternative. If you've ever watched Futurama, Calculon is a famous robotic actor. His character is super dramatic on and off of the stage. This is maybe something I might incorporate when interacting with marines. If someone were to make fun of someone's ability to shoot, but then miss a ton themselves, Baptiste might make a sarcastic comment such as, "Oh the irony!". His expressions would be drawn out and exaggerated. Thoughts on this?

The name Baptiste is a french name coming from John the Baptist who baptized many people in medieval era. When I think of my quirk, I think of the renaissance period and the art that comes with it. Baptist was a decent, simple, and uncommon name that I thought fit my character best. My marine, Baptiste Charlton, is a Bahamian with french descent. I kept the name for my Synth because it was fitting.

I would spend time wherever I am requested. My personal preference would be on the planet because I feel as my "jack of all trades" abilities would be a huge benefit to the frontline. I know that I cannot chase xenos down, and only engage them when they attack me, attack another marine that I am giving aid to, etc.
    Last edited by Bishopil; 05-03-2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Baptiste might make a sarcastic comment such as, "Oh the irony!". His expressions would be drawn out and exaggerated. Thoughts on this?"

Sounds okay to me and would be pretty funny to see in game.

Well thought out answers and you show understanding of rules. You have my first +1 in this term
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    "Baptiste might make a sarcastic comment such as, "Oh the irony!". His expressions would be drawn out and exaggerated. Thoughts on this?"

Sounds okay to me and would be pretty funny to see in game.

Well thought out answers and you show understanding of rules. You have my first +1 in this term
    Appreciate the support, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, my final 3 questions before my vote.

- You're at the FOB, an engineer that repaired you earlier is there, suddenly a grenade goes off and almost kills everyone, including a Lieutenant, but now Xenos are breaking in, who would you save? Why?

- Are you supposed to know the yautja language from the beginning as a Synthetic Survivor? What factions can you side with?

- You're given a box of grenades, the Xenos are coming fast. What would you do?

- EXTRA ONE!! Any suggestions for our awesome whitelist?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Okay, my final 3 questions before my vote.

- You're at the FOB, an engineer that repaired you earlier is there, suddenly a grenade goes off and almost kills everyone, including a Lieutenant, but now Xenos are breaking in, who would you save? Why?

- Are you supposed to know the yautja language from the beginning as a Synthetic Survivor? What factions can you side with?

- You're given a box of grenades, the Xenos are coming fast. What would you do?

- EXTRA ONE!! Any suggestions for our awesome whitelist?
    -It depends on the injuries of both. I'm going to assume they are both in pain crit and can't move themselves. I would inject the engineer with an oxycodone injector and begin to take the LT back to the dropship. The engineer should be able to recover under the effects of the painkillers and move to the LZ. I don't assume I'd have time to give full aid to either of them, so under the situation of me having to leave one of them, I would leave the engineer. There is only 4 SOs presumably, and likely many more engineers.

-I wouldn't know the language immediately. From what I know, I would have to slowly learn and RP to gain knowledge of the language. As a synthetic survivor, I can side with the Company, the USCM, and the colonists, but not the xenos. I can also remain neutral with survivors.

-I am not allowed to use the grenades. I would probably start handing them to some front line marines and suggest to throw them at the group.

-I actually don't have anything in mind. I did think about this, though. I'm not really a lore expert, so what goes and what doesn't is faded to me.
    Last edited by Bishopil; 05-08-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You�ve got plenty of time on the server, along with the whole no note problems.
    The overall app is fine with enough detail put into it I�m sure you understand most aspects of the synthetic whitelist.
    Your responses are fine from the councillors so you got that going for you.

The name is a bit weird but not a bit problem.

I�m hesitant yo see you as a synth with a jobban for MP and CMP even if it�s still old I would suggest appealing that ASAP.
    I�ll stay neutral leaning to +1.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler: