User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bishopil - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOriginalSchwann View Post
    Hello there, I play Yin (sometimes known as Yuki). I can't say I've seen you much in-game but I've been told you have a lot of hours, so I get to ask some questions.

1). You're building a LZ1 FOB on LV-624 and an engineer keeps picking up your plasteel barriers and moving them to the nexus without replacing them. When questioned he calls you a retarded tin can and punches you. What do you do to defuse the situation?

2). How would you learn the xenomorph "language" as a synthetic?

3). The aCO orders you to initiate self-destruct, call distress, and not evacuate. What do you do? Are you obliged to fight to the death on the Almayer after it's boarded?
    1. I would warn him to cease hostilities. I would likely tell him that his actions are inflicting with the construction of the FOB and ask command to send down more plasteel. I would inform him that the plasteel is on the way, and to wait for it. If he continued to attack me, I would subdue him and warn MPs.

2. I would have to be in proximity with them for a while. I'd have to "read their body language" and slowly hear the repetitiveness of different sounds until my Synth was able to piece together their form of communication. Kind of difficult to explain.

3. I would inform the aCO that calling for distress and initiating SD isn't a good idea for whoever might come to assist and advise him to choose one. I am not obliged to stay behind to fight off the invasion because I must self-preserve and am not combat oriented, but I would continue to assist anyone needing help to evac. This question was tricky for me, so props to you. Let me know if I've answered incorrectly, cause I'm not 100% sure I understood.

I didn't answer the evac part because I'm confused what you mean. Did the aCO tell me not to call evac? Or not to evac after it's been called?
    Last edited by Bishopil; 05-04-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'll remain NEUTRAL leaning towards +1. Let's wait for the outcome of your appeal first.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Junior Member NewOriginalSchwann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishopil View Post
    1. I would warn him to cease hostilities. I would likely tell him that his actions are inflicting with the construction of the FOB and ask command to send down more plasteel. I would inform him that the plasteel is on the way, and to wait for it. If he continued to attack me, I would subdue him and warn MPs.

2. I would have to be in proximity with them for a while. I'd have to "read their body language" and slowly hear the repetitiveness of different sounds until my Synth was able to piece together their form of communication. Kind of difficult to explain.

3. I would inform the aCO that calling for distress and initiating SD isn't a good idea for whoever might come to assist and advise him to choose one. I am not obliged to stay behind to fight off the invasion because I must self-preserve and am not combat oriented, but I would continue to assist anyone needing help to evac. This question was tricky for me, so props to you. Let me know if I've answered incorrectly, cause I'm not 100% sure I understood.

I didn't answer the evac part because I'm confused what you mean. Did the aCO tell me not to call evac? Or not to evac after it's been called?

I can see no problems with your responses but be aware that you're not allowed to initiate SD as a synthetic. I should have been more specific by starting that the CO ordered you, specifically, not to evacuate. Regardless you answered my questions well, and show that you know how to solve some situations I've run into as a synthetic. If you can get your MP ban lifted, you will have my support.
    A player with too many character names.

Also I play Yin, the synthetic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOriginalSchwann View Post
    I can see no problems with your responses but be aware that you're not allowed to initiate SD as a synthetic. I should have been more specific by starting that the CO ordered you, specifically, not to evacuate. Regardless you answered my questions well, and show that you know how to solve some situations I've run into as a synthetic. If you can get your MP ban lifted, you will have my support.
    I appreciate the support. I talked with a council member about my response after it was posted, he told me that there wasn't really a way for me to know that because it was apparently only discussed in Synthetic Chat. I didn't want to edit in the correct answer because I want my responses to be honest for this. Thanks for letting me know about it, though, It'll be useful for future reference.

I hope my appeal is answered soon and again, I appreciate the support.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your appeal goes well I'll give you my support.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    If your appeal goes well I'll give you my support.
    Much appreciated, fingers crossed its answered soon.

I remember your synth from that one Ice round a while ago. We both survived and explored around shipside until the round crashed; good times.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really shot yourself in the foot with this need to rush it, brother. I understand that you're excited to apply for the role, but you need to take care of business first.

Get your ban appealed and I'll +1.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is nice and decently written, I would have liked a little bit more dialogue but it gets the job done. Quirk is interesting, might be a bit tricky to pull off but I think you'll manage. Your answers to the questions also tell me you wont abuse the whitelist. And contrary to the others responding to this app, I have actually seen you in-game a few times.

I'll go ahead an 1+ this. Since this app tells me you are a reasonable dude I'm sure the MP ban will get lifted in no time.
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000daniel1 View Post
    Story is nice and decently written, I would have liked a little bit more dialogue but it gets the job done. Quirk is interesting, might be a bit tricky to pull off but I think you'll manage. Your answers to the questions also tell me you wont abuse the whitelist. And contrary to the others responding to this app, I have actually seen you in-game a few times.

I'll go ahead an 1+ this. Since this app tells me you are a reasonable dude I'm sure the MP ban will get lifted in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    You really shot yourself in the foot with this need to rush it, brother. I understand that you're excited to apply for the role, but you need to take care of business first.

Get your ban appealed and I'll +1.
    I rushed it because I know how long these applications can take. I didn't take into account how long appeals take, though. I thought that it would've been answered by now, but an admin explained to me the situation. I probably shouldn't of posted so soon, but this is going better than I thought.

Appreciate your support though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4000daniel1 View Post

Thanks for the vote!
    I have a back-up story for my synth just in case this one wasn't good, and that's basically more dialogue focused, if you want to see that.