User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did spitter neurotoxin get nerfed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Did spitter neurotoxin get nerfed?

For some reason, playing earlier today, I went ancient spitter. Neurotoxin spit essentially won't hit downed marines. And it's now 1/3 for stunning upright marines. Keep in mind, for downed marines I was clicking on them, for upright it was a lot more directional w/o direct clicks on marines.

Hopefully this is part of the neurotoxin rework that got released early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    being stuck as a sentinel is suffering a bit right now, as neuro is their main tool and lacks reliability

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing to remember is Neuro is RNG. Just because you have a round where you miss a lot of neurospit doesn't mean it was nerfed. It could be bad luck just as easily, which makes it hard to tell if something's better/worse because it was changed or because of RNG's fickle moods. I've heard people complain about missing almost every shot in a round where 90% of my neuro spits hit, for instance, but I've also had rounds where I've missed 7-8 spits in a row.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I can tell the range on Neurotoxin was reduced significantly and you know rng so you may miss your shots which sucks ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    The thing to remember is Neuro is RNG. Just because you have a round where you miss a lot of neurospit doesn't mean it was nerfed. It could be bad luck just as easily, which makes it hard to tell if something's better/worse because it was changed or because of RNG's fickle moods. I've heard people complain about missing almost every shot in a round where 90% of my neuro spits hit, for instance, but I've also had rounds where I've missed 7-8 spits in a row.
    when can we look forward to lurker pounce having a chance to decide to miss

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if a squad leader or command staff issues a move issue-order, this greatly reduces the chance of being hit by neurotoxin
    Squad leader issue-orders (leader ship skill of 2) are still pretty sucky, but they work sometimes, but when you get to IO's and SO's issuing a move order, RIP. I had a spitter try to spit at me three times with neurotoxin and they all missed point blank range.
    If you see a XO or captain, don't even bother if you know they use issue-order as there issue-orders last somewhere from 30(?) seconds and are extremely strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Also, if a squad leader or command staff issues a move issue-order, this greatly reduces the chance of being hit by neurotoxin
    Squad leader issue-orders (leader ship skill of 2) are still pretty sucky, but they work sometimes, but when you get to IO's and SO's issuing a move order, RIP. I had a spitter try to spit at me three times with neurotoxin and they all missed point blank range.
    If you see a XO or captain, don't even bother if you know they use issue-order as there issue-orders last somewhere from 30(?) seconds and are extremely strong.
    Oh, I had no clue about any of this. That must be why I missed so many times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    RNG is usually cancer

The correct way to balance neurospit was to treat it like pounce and give each spit a long cooldown so it can't be spammed to permastun.

Then the spitter could stun someone, get a couple slashes in, and back off. That's better for gameplay all-around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if I had a cent for every time neuro missed I could buy the Alien license from disney or maybe even disney itself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our benevolent and unbiased marine dev overlords have finally had too much salt from nero and nerfed it into the ground