User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did spitter neurotoxin get nerfed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Did spitter neurotoxin get nerfed?

For some reason, playing earlier today, I went ancient spitter. Neurotoxin spit essentially won't hit downed marines. And it's now 1/3 for stunning upright marines. Keep in mind, for downed marines I was clicking on them, for upright it was a lot more directional w/o direct clicks on marines.

Hopefully this is part of the neurotoxin rework that got released early.
    Cameron Richard, a very robust support player and xeno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    being stuck as a sentinel is suffering a bit right now, as neuro is their main tool and lacks reliability

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing to remember is Neuro is RNG. Just because you have a round where you miss a lot of neurospit doesn't mean it was nerfed. It could be bad luck just as easily, which makes it hard to tell if something's better/worse because it was changed or because of RNG's fickle moods. I've heard people complain about missing almost every shot in a round where 90% of my neuro spits hit, for instance, but I've also had rounds where I've missed 7-8 spits in a row.
    Term 4 CO Councilor alongside Scsnv, Frans_Feiffer, Swagbag, and Screaming Idiot. If you have any questions, feel free to message me here or on Discord.

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I can tell the range on Neurotoxin was reduced significantly and you know rng so you may miss your shots which sucks ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    The thing to remember is Neuro is RNG. Just because you have a round where you miss a lot of neurospit doesn't mean it was nerfed. It could be bad luck just as easily, which makes it hard to tell if something's better/worse because it was changed or because of RNG's fickle moods. I've heard people complain about missing almost every shot in a round where 90% of my neuro spits hit, for instance, but I've also had rounds where I've missed 7-8 spits in a row.
    when can we look forward to lurker pounce having a chance to decide to miss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if a squad leader or command staff issues a move issue-order, this greatly reduces the chance of being hit by neurotoxin
    Squad leader issue-orders (leader ship skill of 2) are still pretty sucky, but they work sometimes, but when you get to IO's and SO's issuing a move order, RIP. I had a spitter try to spit at me three times with neurotoxin and they all missed point blank range.
    If you see a XO or captain, don't even bother if you know they use issue-order as there issue-orders last somewhere from 30(?) seconds and are extremely strong.
    Discord: Swagbag#6731

Term 4 CO Council member alongside Frans_Feiffe, Scsnv, FGRSentinel, and Screaming Idiot.

If you have any concerns please message me over Discord first, then the forum if I don't reply within two days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Also, if a squad leader or command staff issues a move issue-order, this greatly reduces the chance of being hit by neurotoxin
    Squad leader issue-orders (leader ship skill of 2) are still pretty sucky, but they work sometimes, but when you get to IO's and SO's issuing a move order, RIP. I had a spitter try to spit at me three times with neurotoxin and they all missed point blank range.
    If you see a XO or captain, don't even bother if you know they use issue-order as there issue-orders last somewhere from 30(?) seconds and are extremely strong.
    Oh, I had no clue about any of this. That must be why I missed so many times.
    Cameron Richard, a very robust support player and xeno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    RNG is usually cancer

The correct way to balance neurospit was to treat it like pounce and give each spit a long cooldown so it can't be spammed to permastun.

Then the spitter could stun someone, get a couple slashes in, and back off. That's better for gameplay all-around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if I had a cent for every time neuro missed I could buy the Alien license from disney or maybe even disney itself

Junior Member ProportionalDude420's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our benevolent and unbiased marine dev overlords have finally had too much salt from nero and nerfed it into the ground