User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did spitter neurotoxin get nerfed?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets keep nerfing it, neuro is stoopid
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tfw ungas kidnap CO and force them to use issue order at gunpoint to kill xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProportionalDude420 View Post
    Our benevolent and unbiased marine dev overlords have finally had too much salt from nero and nerfed it into the ground
    It's still cancer and the fundamental neurospam issue hasn't been resolved - only mildly mitigated: it seems only the RNG chance and maybe range were reduced.

Again, what it needs is to be a 100% guaranteed hit with a long enough cooldown that it cannot be spammed, and a stun that lasts long enough to get some damage in, but not so long that the spitter gets a guaranteed free kill/capture from a single hit, especially on a full-health marine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, none of us touched neuro. We have a strict policy of including everything non-backend (read: code cleanup) in the changelog. If it's not there, it's either not the case or something else affected it.

That being said, I generally see marines using Orders now. That might be the reason it feels less accurate.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does neuro's accuracy scale depending on how far it travels before reaching the target? Leaning towards it doesn't judging by I'm spitting at someone and it misses 8 times in a row, but that could also just be due to orders (which I also suspect is why I constantly miss when firing at marines behind barricades). If it doesn't scale by distance, I feel like it should be more accurate at close range and less accurate at far range, again unless that's how it already is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OestErreich View Post
    Does neuro's accuracy scale depending on how far it travels before reaching the target? Leaning towards it doesn't judging by I'm spitting at someone and it misses 8 times in a row, but that could also just be due to orders (which I also suspect is why I constantly miss when firing at marines behind barricades). If it doesn't scale by distance, I feel like it should be more accurate at close range and less accurate at far range, again unless that's how it already is.
    It doesn't, only the damage of prae's acid spit does!
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neuro go nerfed to kingdom come, it's absolute dogshit now, only use for the spitter is to go vomiter so waste a T2 space being a less useful prae.

Spitter is dead folks, move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    Neuro go nerfed to kingdom come, it's absolute dogshit now, only use for the spitter is to go vomiter so waste a T2 space being a less useful prae.

Spitter is dead folks, move on.
    Amen, I used to spam Spitter all the time but now Spitter and Sentinel are so shit that they can't even guard captures because of how dogshit new neuro is, in the time it takes to get 4 spits off (which takes like 15 seconds for youngs/matures mind you) the capture has plenty of chances to nade themselves or execute the Sentinel with buckshot, and even once you get the stun from the 4th spit off, all you get is a shitty 0.3 second stun which is literally worse than the stun from a Runner pounce. Now the only thing Spitter really has going for it as a caste is that you can evolve to Boiler from it.

I'm honestly confused as to why devs decided Spitters of all castes deserved a hard nerf, did a dev get ganked by spitters and then get dragged off while getting neuroed and suddenly decided that Spitters were OP and needed to be nerfed into oblivion? Most people agreed that Spitters were kind of a mid-tier xeno caste, by no means OP, usually most marine salt gets directed towards castes like Ravager or Lurker or Warrior or other castes that can quickly fuck someone up, very rarely however would I see deadchat marines complaining about how spitters are broken and need to be nerfed.
    Last edited by OestErreich; 07-21-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OestErreich View Post
    Amen, I used to spam Spitter all the time but now Spitter and Sentinel are so shit that they can't even guard captures because of how dogshit new neuro is, in the time it takes to get 4 spits off (which takes like 15 seconds for youngs/matures mind you) the capture has plenty of chances to nade themselves or execute the Sentinel with buckshot, and even once you get the stun from the 4th spit off, all you get is a shitty 0.3 second stun which is literally worse than the stun from a Runner pounce. Now the only thing Spitter really has going for it as a caste is that you can evolve to Boiler from it.

I'm honestly confused as to why devs decided Spitters of all castes deserved a hard nerf, did a dev get ganked by spitters and then get dragged off while getting neuroed and suddenly decided that Spitters were OP and needed to be nerfed into oblivion? Most people agreed that Spitters were kind of a mid-tier xeno caste, by no means OP, usually most marine salt gets directed towards castes like Ravager or Lurker or Warrior or other castes that can quickly fuck someone up, very rarely however would I see deadchat marines complaining about how spitters are broken and need to be nerfed.
    It was, or it will be changed to 3 spits untill stun, second will apply Shell Shock (Which means marine can't shoot and arm nades for a while). Neuro was "balanced", not nerfed, nor buffed. Now you can't one shot KO marine and easly snatch him away under fire of whole squad, now you have to hit three time, so it gives marines around more time to react and be better where they should be: Around other marines. This can't be really deconstructed as whole beno mains point about neuro was that if marine have friends, he won't be dragged, or slashed hard. This didn't applied in many scenarios. Now it does.
    Thrid-Fourth spit now puts marine into a half minute sleep, so if it's fairly easy to capture lone marine and lone marine has a bit of a chance to do something when he is attacked (of course if area is full of light, otherwise he will lose).

I guess you didn't even know that gasmask protect marines from neuro/acid that hit head. It's just for players information as still nobody will use it. Imagine not seeing 3/5 of your screen and then imagine that there is directional lighting so you don't see 1/2 of what gas mask allows.

If devs would nerf whatever marines are complaining the most, you wouldn't see Ravs, or Screech in the current state. They do whatever headadmemes want.

Again and in short: Now Neuro is balanced, benos can't miss it, but it isn't sudden KO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    We'd appreciate civilized feedback over this.