User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did spitter neurotoxin get nerfed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so civilized feedback.

Neuro after the change was bugged, so even after the 5th spits, you'll still only get a 0.7 second stun, nothing else. It's still bugged now, even with the 3 shot change, so still useless now

The biggest thing with the neuro change is that you simply can't prevent captures from nading/shooting themselves anymore. It takes 3 spits, which is like 8 seconds for sentinels, while the capture only needs 2. Let it be known that there's no longer a "nest delay" that prevents you from using or pulling out your guns 3 seconds after breaking out. The only thing left is a 5 second root after breaking out, which doesn't stop suicides at all.

Other than that I don't mind this new direction for neuro. I just need it to actually like, work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too me it seems incredibly hard to actually catch a marine with this change. Assuming you are 75% accurate with clicking on marines while moving, you are going to need around 4 spits to down a marine. So you need to spit 4 times at the same marine, in a group of marines (because no sane marine is running off solo) without that marine retreating.

When a wave of 15 marines is pushing the hive, it just seems unrealistic to get off so many spits, in a short timeframe, on one specific marine out of many. If the marine does get spit he will of course back off as well.

Previously you would spit at marines and 75% would miss, but when that 25% hit actually works, you run in and drag off the marine and it didnt matter who you were hitting with the previous spits.

The change didn't just change the process from a RNG process to a reliable one but it also substantially increased the difficuilty of capturing a marine, which already exposed you to being hit by nades/flamers/rockets/a couple accurate rifle shots while slowing dragging a marine.

Personally I dont feel like increasing the stun duration helps that much, you still have to land a tonne of neuros on one specific marine in a big wave of marines pushing the hive, when a marine sees he's being slowed he will flee into a group of marines where you have no change of dragging him off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It was, or it will be changed to 3 spits untill stun, second will apply Shell Shock (Which means marine can't shoot and arm nades for a while). Neuro was "balanced", not nerfed, nor buffed. Now you can't one shot KO marine and easly snatch him away under fire of whole squad, now you have to hit three time, so it gives marines around more time to react and be better where they should be: Around other marines. This can't be really deconstructed as whole beno mains point about neuro was that if marine have friends, he won't be dragged, or slashed hard. This didn't applied in many scenarios. Now it does.
    Thrid-Fourth spit now puts marine into a half minute sleep, so if it's fairly easy to capture lone marine and lone marine has a bit of a chance to do something when he is attacked (of course if area is full of light, otherwise he will lose).

Again and in short: Now Neuro is balanced, benos can't miss it, but it isn't sudden KO.
    I don't think new neuro is balanced/a sidegrade at all from the point of view of the person playing as a Sentinel/Spitter, even in your post you basically just said "with old neuro you could kill people by landing a successful spit on them and dragging them away, whereas with new neuro the marine will be able to react after getting slowed and have more time to retreat to the safety of other marines and defend themselves, so it's a lot more fair for the marine", which is absolutely correct but in no world is that not worse for the Spitter; in the old scenario they get an EZ capture/EZ kill albeit with risk to themselves while they're slowed from pulling, in the new scenario they mildly inconvenience a marine and make them fall back a little.

It's still worse than old neuro even when dealing with isolated targets, I had a scenario where I was dealing with an isolated marine, but the whole process of successfully spitting him 4 times and then trying to pull him back while trying to tackle/neuro him only for him to get back up from my 0.3 second stun and continue evading took so long that other marines caught up to him and I had to retreat without a capture or kill. If this were old neurotoxin I'd have just neuro'd him successfully once, got the stun, and then dragged him away while neuroing him repeatedly to keep him down and that'd be that.

You could say it's a sidegrade because marines can get put to sleep for 30 seconds after 4 hits but either it's bugged or just incredibly unlikely because I've played around 10 rounds as Spitter since it got updated and I have not had a marine fall asleep once, in some instances I'd be spitting at the same marine up to 15 times in a row and he definitely never fell unconscious from it.

The change also made Sentinels obsolete for guarding captures, but I never liked guarding captures anyways so I'll take any chance I can get to force that burden onto some other xeno.

See DefinitelyAlone0309 and Saytkl77 posts as well and you'll see that, even if devs sincerely intended this change as a balanced sidegrade, Spitters ended up getting severely nerfed from it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OestErreich View Post
    -Snip-
    You should check out the round where they were "testing" neuro fixes. Now you got it fixed (neuro putting to sleep) and buffed so hard it's better than old neuro. Ancient Sentinel is basically Neuro Machinegun (spit every second, which means two seconds to make one marine defenceless) with perfect accuracy, now you can stun small groups of marines EZ and they can't call help as second neuro makes marines say only two first letters of whatever they tried to say. All that with reduced stun count to 3 and devs will say it's balanced because marine can wear gasmask that blocks spit that hit head.

Ancient Sentinel will be better than Spitter, or Lurker.

See? 75-25 winrate assures any benomain that every "nerf" will be reverted ASAP, not only that, but buffed up to the sky.

Neurotoxin should accumulate toxins in marines so that they die fairly fast if they are spammed to hard and also benos shouldn't be able to fit into tunnels if they devoured a marine, otherwise what stops marines from entering their tunnels?
    "Fix" is totally broken.
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-21-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    -
    You are jumping to conclusions too quickly.
    The point of the test is to garner feedback, and I got enough feedback to tweak that thing a bit more

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine getting mad about changes when devs need time to garner data to make better balancing patches, and then when asked about feedbaci, you just go to acidgoop and say "unga dunga spitter sucks reeee"

In conclusion, xenos mad
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit that I get a bit mad since somebody had a great idea to test direct beno buff after super duper hiper fun and fair event.

However I don't quite understand why such changes aren't tested in Thunderdome? Isn't that obvious in this point in time that everyone jumpes into just to test those "tweaks", so it isn't giving reliable feedback?
    It's like tasting how this new candy with less sugar is healthy for children, while they all eat a kilo each and nothing else, since it's free for all test. Any conclusion from this "test" would be a good one?

However #2 Amount of spits won't be reverted for sure, it will stay at 3 despite any feedback. The only thing tweaked in such "fix" will be spitter shooting each 1.5 seconds instead of 1. Nothing else will change, mark my words as they speak the Truth.
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-22-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    -
    Dude, you say that we are changing things we said we never change, but now you say that something will never change =)

uncool.jpg

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Dude, you say that we are changing things we said we never change, but now you say that something will never change =)

uncool.jpg
    Bias towards benos will be the last thing that will change. Even strict ERP rules will change faster than attitude towards benos. Hehe.

I'm glad that current staff looks favourably at some things and I praise you for such things (set this as a note in your calendar, as it is such a big event, once a year, or less. hehe), but judging by the events run and minor other stuff, I'm sure that beno bias is still strong. Not Apop levels of strong, but 3 Faweh's alts level for sure.

If I don't complain about something, this can be pretty much taken as my praise. Negative emotions are obviously stronger than postive, in me it's double.

War... War never changes...
    Benobias... Benobias never changes...
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-22-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Imagine getting mad about changes when devs need time to garner data to make better balancing patches, and then when asked about feedbaci, you just go to acidgoop and say "unga dunga spitter sucks reeee"

In conclusion, xenos mad
    I feel like you were shitposting me pretty hard right now, but then I got to Xenos Mad and it made total sense.

Xenos mad