User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Did spitter neurotoxin get nerfed?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I feel like you were shitposting me pretty hard right now, but then I got to Xenos Mad and it made total sense.

Xenos mad
    At what point did I say I was NOT shitposting on you

Last edited by Dorkkeli; 07-22-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found out how many neuro spits it takes to induce this '30 second stun'? I hit a survivor with 20 neuro spits and they just kept on getting back up immediately afterwards but I think they'd taken something.

As for sent/spitter now, as marine and a xeno player I'm glad that one hit KO is gone but all ranged caste except boiler are the weakest in their tiers now. When sentinel can't even guard captures as effectively as a warrior it's no fun at all to play. The 1 second stun on 3rd neuro hit doesn't even feel like enough time for neuro glands to recharge.

I might still post a gitlab about this if I get round to it but the worst thing is the lack of feedback, you get a chat message when someone is hit with neuro and it also says how slowed they are but that can just get swallowed by other messages in a fight. It would be nice if there was some visual feedback like target mobs getting a green overlay, same as with getting shot or slashed.

In short don't go ranged unless you're aiming for boiler, sents/spitter is below even burrower. I know the changelog says you're supposed to keep people stunlocked but I'm honestly not seeing that behavior in game for some reason, and I think it's because spit recharge time isn't fast enough.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    Has anyone found out how many neuro spits it takes to induce this '30 second stun'? I hit a survivor with 20 neuro spits and they just kept on getting back up immediately afterwards but I think they'd taken something.

As for sent/spitter now, as marine and a xeno player I'm glad that one hit KO is gone but all ranged caste except boiler are the weakest in their tiers now. When sentinel can't even guard captures as effectively as a warrior it's no fun at all to play. The 1 second stun on 3rd neuro hit doesn't even feel like enough time for neuro glands to recharge.

I might still post a gitlab about this if I get round to it but the worst thing is the lack of feedback, you get a chat message when someone is hit with neuro and it also says how slowed they are but that can just get swallowed by other messages in a fight. It would be nice if there was some visual feedback like target mobs getting a green overlay, same as with getting shot or slashed.

In short don't go ranged unless you're aiming for boiler, sents/spitter is below even burrower. I know the changelog says you're supposed to keep people stunlocked but I'm honestly not seeing that behavior in game for some reason, and I think it's because spit recharge time isn't fast enough.
    Survs have insane "Endurance" skills to give them upper hand in such fights so it's a bit "fairer" for them. You probably can't put Surv into sleep at this point.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    snip
    the sleep thing is bugged. I think its being worked on

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You should check out the round where they were "testing" neuro fixes. Now you got it fixed (neuro putting to sleep) and buffed so hard it's better than old neuro. Ancient Sentinel is basically Neuro Machinegun (spit every second, which means two seconds to make one marine defenceless) with perfect accuracy, now you can stun small groups of marines EZ and they can't call help as second neuro makes marines say only two first letters of whatever they tried to say. All that with reduced stun count to 3 and devs will say it's balanced because marine can wear gasmask that blocks spit that hit head.

Ancient Sentinel will be better than Spitter, or Lurker.

See? 75-25 winrate assures any benomain that every "nerf" will be reverted ASAP, not only that, but buffed up to the sky.

Neurotoxin should accumulate toxins in marines so that they die fairly fast if they are spammed to hard and also benos shouldn't be able to fit into tunnels if they devoured a marine, otherwise what stops marines from entering their tunnels?
    "Fix" is totally broken.
    fuck bro... we merged the fix as it was during test... uh

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    fuck bro... we merged the fix as it was during test... uh
    Hehe

You should check out the round where they were "testing" neuro fixes. Now you got it fixed (neuro putting to sleep) and buffed so hard it's better than old neuro. Ancient Sentinel is basically Neuro Machinegun (spit every second, which means two seconds to make one marine defenceless) with perfect accuracy, now you can stun small groups of marines EZ and they can't call help as second neuro makes marines say only two first letters of whatever they tried to say. All that with reduced stun count to 3 and devs will say it's balanced because marine can wear gasmask that blocks spit that hit head.

Ancient Sentinel will be better than Spitter, or Lurker.

See? 75-25 winrate assures any benomain that every "nerf" will be reverted ASAP, not only that, but buffed up to the sky.
    Hehe

You are jumping to conclusions too quickly.
    The point of the test is to garner feedback, and I got enough feedback to tweak that thing a bit more
    Hehe

However #2 Amount of spits won't be reverted for sure, it will stay at 3 despite any feedback. The only thing tweaked in such "fix" will be spitter shooting each 1.5 seconds instead of 1. Nothing else will change, mark my words as they speak the Truth.
    Hehe

Dude, you say that we are changing things we said we never change, but now you say that something will never change =)
    Hehe

Bias towards benos will be the last thing that will change. Even strict ERP rules will change faster than attitude towards benos. Hehe.

I'm glad that current staff looks favourably at some things and I praise you for such things (set this as a note in your calendar, as it is such a big event, once a year, or less. hehe), but judging by the events run and minor other stuff, I'm sure that beno bias is still strong. Not Apop levels of strong, but 3 Faweh's alts level for sure.

If I don't complain about something, this can be pretty much taken as my praise. Negative emotions are obviously stronger than postive, in me it's double.

War... War never changes...
    Benobias... Benobias never changes...
    Hehe... The Truth has been spoken long ago.

Am I jumping to conclusions too fast?
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-23-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    -
    Yes
    Coz I already fixed the mistake

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes
    Coz I already fixed the mistake
    3 spits stayed as in test, fast neuro firerate stayed as in test... Hmmm...
    My conclusion was that benos basically always get a buff to the same thing they got "nerfed/balanced" and that feedback doesn't matter in most cases, and doesn't matter at all when it comes to beno abilities as I don't see anybody here complaining that sentinel neuro costed too much plasma, or that it shoot to slow, but I see complains about bugs and 4 spits requirment.

What "mistake" was fixed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 spits stayed as in test, fast neuro firerate stayed as in test... Hmmm...
    My conclusion was that benos basically always get a buff to the same thing they got "nerfed/balanced" and that feedback doesn't matter in most cases, and doesn't matter at all when it comes to beno abilities as I don't see anybody here complaining that sentinel neuro costed too much plasma, or that it shoot to slow, but I see complains about bugs and 4 spits requirment.

What "mistake" was fixed?
    How is the new neuro a buff to neuro? Sure it's reliable, but mediocrely reliable and can't be used to guard anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    How is the new neuro a buff to neuro? Sure it's reliable, but mediocrely reliable and can't be used to guard anymore.
    Don't respond to CABAL he's just shit-posting.

If he really cared about balance he would complain about marine stuns as well.