User Tag List

View Poll Results: Zombie Rounds? Yes or no?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie rounds aren't fun you guys

30 31.91%
  • Zombie rounds are fun, what are you on about?

45 47.87%
  • I really don't care

19 20.21%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll:Zombie rounds, Like them or not really?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poll:Zombie rounds, Like them or not really?

So, I kind of want feedback from all of you in terms of the Zombies game mode. Do you guys like Zombie rounds, or do you not care for them?

What, if anything, would you change about zombie rounds? I'd personally give marines other ways to perma kill zombies. If a zombie gets decapitated, that should be the end of it. But that's just my opinion on the matter.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to have an opinion when I've not seen a Zombie round in around a year.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    Hard to have an opinion when I've not seen a Zombie round in around a year.
    You literally just missed one that happened last round. It was more or less the same as it ever was. But with a lot more lag.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way too linear, and the zombie players don't have fun at all.

But well, if you're a marine, you can have plenty of fun, both RP wise and frag wise.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zombies should have an evolve system or mutation system.

Shipside roles are total disarray, MPs and medical can barely organise quarantine, never mind man it. and Engineers literally have to build a quarantine which they rarely do or incompetently do.

Zombies is viable but it needs some larger changes to be fun for more individuals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There does need to be more to Zombie rounds but... for a large part, I think that's on admin involvement to make their have more RP options involving zombies.

But asides from that, they are just so rare. All events are uber rare now. Doesn't matter what it is: Its rare now.
    And I don't believe the excuse its due to updates needing to be monitored. That excuse only goes so far when we begin thinking about how this dry spell feels like its gone on for 1/4 of CMs existence.

Personally, I think the best next step for CM would be to add more fleshed out HvH rounds (resolving OP snipers/scouts) and tank in HvH as well as more fleshed out zombie rounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that most of the time there's just no way to permakill a zombie because the cremator got deleted and the fact that zombies are immortal is just ass to play around with. Not to mention touching the corpses aren't that safe either even if it's dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zombies is lacking in content, and that's why it's boring as fuck. Honestly, it needs it's own map and it's own mechanics like WO. No dropships, no Almayer, just colonists dealing with a spreading infection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its fine there is no way to permakill a zombie...
    but... only because I've seen marines go into zombie rounds metaing C4 and other things like Dropship gibbing to easily and quickly wipe out all the zombies in a very OOCly fashion. I've seen marines win a small handful of times against zombies. My last few zombie rounds I've seen them attempting to utilize OOCly methods of winning from the very start. That said, that was quite awhile ago.

If we allow perma killing like gibbing, something we don't do with human mobs already in *most* circumstances, but we will with zombies due to their nature... we must address how to offset it in game. I think, that would most likely be possible through a sort of "Horde" mechanic. Not sure what that would entail but maybe a sort of pheromones for certain zombie (horde leaders) who essentially end up leading groups of zombies. More so, there should be a base roundstart zombies amount that should be determined. This number shouldn't unless in admin deemed circumstances change. However. This number SHOULD be rather large. Something that would reflect a small to moderate sized colony that was infected by the virus: Aka anywhere from 30(?) to 60 zombies.
    The reason that number is so large is because its the base amount of zombies. No more should be spawned.

Features like this plus additional features ruling how the round should be conducted could make it viable.

What we need a rework of the zombie mechanic probably, a big one making them able to be a regular round, and subsequent addition to regular CM.
    On that note, glaring issues need to be fixed. Like "How Many Zombies Should There Be Roundstart", "Population Replacement Method", "How Should Infection Spread", "Lore Behind the Whole Thing - for RP, "Zombie method of dealing with the tank", "Possibly an addition of new zombie 'abilities'?" and many more.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 05-04-2019 at 01:51 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless they changed it zombies take any damage they start slowing down. When you are a melee fighter that is slower than the person you are trying to melee fight you are effectively useless. Ontop of this zombies are supposed to heal but it takes FOREVER especially if you got completely killed. They also never seem to heal completely so they are always slow. Makes the game completely unfun for zombies.