User Tag List

View Poll Results: Zombie Rounds? Yes or no?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie rounds aren't fun you guys

30 31.91%
  • Zombie rounds are fun, what are you on about?

45 47.87%
  • I really don't care

19 20.21%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll:Zombie rounds, Like them or not really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only been able to play one, but it was a fun round. Especially since we had a Russia vs USCM thing happening during it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do I start? I love zombie rounds as a marine and I take the "punishment" with dignity when I'm infected. RP and atmosphere is top tier.
    The fact that the danger is out there, that it will slowly, but surerly get you untill something heroic happens. The fact that every corpse might just stand up and bite you, panicking marines who can just run on help intent away, shoving you into zombies...
    Everything boils into very good gameplay. I enjoy and remember every zombie round, not because they are rare, but because they are so fun.
    All of that is said about pure Zombie rounds. It's way worse (if done poorly) when admemes decide to make a zombie round at the end of HvH.
    A bit of fine tunning and it would be something to be proud of, where both sides don't have fast and cheap tactics to dispose themselfs and it's the only round where marines are real (hopeless, but) heroes, not a cannon fodder.
    Zombies can stay immortal, they can gain ressistance to C4 (or infect the person that plants C4 automaticly) etc, because this gamemode shouldn't be about killing zombies, it's about staying alive for long enough and defending Research team for them to maybe, just maybe develop a cure. Sometimes it might require sacriface, sometimes it might require running past the zombies, drawing few in a chase just to help others fight longer, then closing yourself in a room full of wood, building cades in pretty long time it takes zombies to pry open doors and then die while shooting at another zombie crawling inside, saying the last words on comms, hearing that they made it, they developed a cure thanks to the time you bought them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The atmosphere cannot be matched in the sheer terror. Even in OOC, you have a very good idea how its going to end.

The round starts like any other, prepped up and ready to go. You hit the ground running only to find a deserted colony with the feeling that something has gone TERRIBLY wrong. Reports come in of creatures that are and SHOULD BE dead, but are still upright. The panic from the infected and what to do with them serves as a sobering light on the terrors that have been unleashed.

Slowly, the marine force falls apart as infection and panic take hold. Screams for mercy and help over the radio are slowly replaced by the moaning and ungodly roaring of the dead. The infection reaches the ship and all hell breaks loose. Allies and supplies run low as the dead overrun every line of defense. Soon you are alone, stuck in some barricaded compartment with a rifle with only a few mags left and the undead scratching at your defenses. Over the radio, the sound of gunfire and marines yelling is soon replaced by the unending screams of the unquiet dead.

You die alone, scared, and forgottened. The Almayer is now a cold metal tomb, doomed to drift in deep space for eternity, with only the undead to stalk its darkened halls for the rest of eternity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was fun for like the one round I tried it. I can say that for most of the things on this server.

But honestly. I don't like zombies. Their infect chance is real friggin high, with like 1 of 2 hits basically infect which is really annoying at times.

Being a zombie is friggin awful. Your slower then your target no matter what, marines are likely to try and gib you out of existence, and even if you don't get gibbed reviving takes a good chunk of the round and most of the times ends with me just ghosting to then spam the Join as zombie button. It's even worse when you find it's a zombie in the perma pain crit that it LITERALLY CANNOT ESCAPE. Heck I don't even think they heal all the damage on revive because I still feel friggin slow after reviving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I played over a year ago it didn�t feel like a game mode but just fighting against a enemy you can�t defeat. If you tried to use tactics that took them out permanently, like walling them in for example, admins would intervene. In that time there didn�t really seem a way to end the round as a marine. Most rounds were just waiting for the moment till the zombies finally took over everything. It didn�t feel like I was playing a round but instead waiting for a predetermined end result.

But if we flesh out the game mode more so you can actually beat the zombies or complete certain objectives (e.g. find a cure) to end the round it can be fun I guess.
    Last edited by Zokkie; 05-04-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zombies are badly coded and half-baked from a gameplay perspective. Staff have to hold the hands of everyone involved and that's a mixed bag at best.

Either put the effort in to automate the mechanics of the round so that it can run without issue without intervention, or just stop bothering.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played the round last night. Zombie mode COULD be fun.. but largely was not.

1. The zombies are waaaaay to easy to kill. Why do torso shots and such down them?
    2. People were just instantly c4ing bodies and that was that.
    3. Because it isnt played enough no one knew how to do the cure mechanic.. Which is frustrating.
    4. The mode seems to have alot of glitches. The lag was worse than I have seen it in a LONG time, and bizzare stuff kept happening. Like every single RO machine in the game broke at once.

Most people in chat complained it was boring and silly.

It has potential though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's fun to watch as people panic about getting infected

the late game is the most fun because the zombie horde far outnumbers the marines and so the only people left are either hiding in autism forts or they're sprinting around the ship gatting zombies down. that's why zombie is fun. being a zombie is sucks but thankfully i never get infected because i know not to drink mysterious fucking goo, run around in the CLEARLY TOXIC WATER, stand beside the zombie corpses as they start shaking violently and regenerate right in front of me, etc.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just think of zombies like Communism. It sounds great in theory, but in practice it is total dog shit.

There are two ways for these types of rounds to go

1. Zombies die early on or something

2. Zombies just rapidly multiply

For the former it's pretty self explanatory, unrobust zombie is unrobust and it does. The latter is worse, despite the round going the way it should.

As you all know, zombies are bosses from the triple A game called Destiny. They're predictable, boring, and easy to fight. To compensate for the lack of lethality zombies have and to give a false sense of "difficulty" they just give them shit tons of health. Creating a fucking bullet sponge that will basically one shot you. One zombie is already hard enough to take care of, and after they "die" you have to slice their head off or else they'll come back.

Successfully killing a zombie is an absolute chore, you gotta kill them and take their head off. Which could take up to 3 minutes if you're lucky. But that's only a single zombie. If you have 3+ to deal with, wow you're in trouble.

I am quite surprised people actually enjoy zombie rounds. I guess they're the type of people who enjoy bland, boring excuses for video games (like destiny)?

The only "zombie" round I remember enjoying was where people turned into catgirl furries during April fool's. But that was only for the memes. Normal zombie rounds are just "shoot white person, now smash their head in for 2 minutes"

And being a zombie is just, eh? You're basically doomed from the start and your only goal is to slash 1-2 people to keep the train going.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, I feel that if they removed one of either thing from zombie rounds, it would be a lot bearable, so stick with me a moment.

I'd be fine with one slash means you're infected and going to up and die in like 20 minutes IF decapping zombies or removing all the limbs gets rid of zombies for good.

OR

I'd also be fine with zombies being more or less invincible and can constantly revive IF the only way for a marine to become a zombie is if they get infected and die IE no ticking time clock or if they take constant damage over time and would need to mitigate that to delay zombification.

Having both one slash = death sentence fuck you as well as zombies being able to revive from being decapitated just isn't fun.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now