User Tag List

View Poll Results: Zombie Rounds? Yes or no?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie rounds aren't fun you guys

30 31.91%
  • Zombie rounds are fun, what are you on about?

45 47.87%
  • I really don't care

19 20.21%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll:Zombie rounds, Like them or not really?

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazingly fun as marine, very unfun as zombie.
    So, yeah, Zombies need to be thoroughly looked at and changed to make it more fun for zombie players.
    Jeser "Fox" Aushwitz.
    Jeser believes only in one thing - common sense.

Apop's permission: Click

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think rounds that are explicitly zombie event rounds are OK -- not my thing, but I can understand the appeal.

I personally don't enjoy when zombies are tacked onto other events, however (i.e. HvH, colony RP, etc). It just feels like a wrecking ball which demolishes any semblance of RP or atmosphere when there are usually multiple better ways to end the round that are more in-line with the original intent of the event. Personal preference maybe.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zombie rounds are fun when the admins let them play their course and dont ruin them with heaps of forced spawns that ruin everything

Also the best maps for them are prison or big red, but mostly prison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i havent participated in one for a few months.

is it still hopelessly one sided with no way to win besides some research lab roleplay that 99% of the players will not participate in or even see?

do the admins still delete the crematoriums so theres no permissible way to dispose of the bodies that keep coming back to life, despite having a wealth of explosives and flamethrowers that should be able to reduce them to paste and ashes?

do you still sluggishly lurch around when in zombie mode and fall over if your poor zombie footsies step on broken glass despite eating rifle bullets for breakfast?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    i havent participated in one for a few months.

is it still hopelessly one sided with no way to win besides some research lab roleplay that 99% of the players will not participate in or even see?

do the admins still delete the crematoriums so theres no permissible way to dispose of the bodies that keep coming back to life, despite having a wealth of explosives and flamethrowers that should be able to reduce them to paste and ashes?

do you still sluggishly lurch around when in zombie mode and fall over if your poor zombie footsies step on broken glass despite eating rifle bullets for breakfast?
    Nearly all arguments you portrayed as negative are actually strenghts of that mode:

Zombies will always return, you can just hopelessly stale the inevitable, but you can do it in fun ways like last stands and shit. No zombie will kill you in four hits, no zombie will outrun healthy you.

There is permissible way to dispose of the bodies. Crematorium is just the cheapest, most broken one. Enough firepower will gib dead zombie, C4 and SADAR will do this faster. You can always drag the boddies in a room with only one entrenance etc.

If you don't have shoes, then you do fall on the ground.

Zombies aren't "other side of a conflict", they are punishment for those who made enough mistakes, or were unluckey enough to get infected. Concept of a zombie is just straight up crusher charge stop and 180 degrees back of a way that benos do. Zombies are weaker individualy, they are way slower etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Zombies are boring as fuck, our system dosen't allow to create a quarantine fast enough, our code dosen't allow a cure to be created efficiently before losing 80% of all marines to infection, Beheading dosen't work, what is left?

We play a version of Resident Evil, but we die in the end and there is no cure.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont like 'em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Zombies aren't "other side of a conflict", they are punishment for those who made enough mistakes, or were unluckey enough to get infected.
    so youre saying that playing as zombie is intentionally unfun? well that explains a lot of things, not least of which are the numerous empty, unplayed zombies that are always left standing around

we're playing game to try to have a bit of enjoyment

the poll should include an option for "zombie rounds could be fun if only they would implement all my good ideas"
    Last edited by misto; 06-04-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zombies r just so slow that it is agonizing to move anywhere

and after all the easy prey is gone, you have to rely on things like laying down and waiting for someone to approach or attacking from blind corners, or just stand there and take every bullet til they retreat and have nowhere else to go

also i dont like em
    Last edited by reuben owen; 06-04-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    so youre saying that playing as zombie is intentionally unfun? well that explains a lot of things, not least of which are the numerous empty, unplayed zombies that are always left standing around

we're playing game to try to have a bit of enjoyment

the poll should include an option for "zombie rounds could be fun if only they would implement all my good ideas"
    Enjoy the round as marine, suffer punishment as Zombie. If somebody participates in race, runs very fast, but suddently stumbles on a untied shoelace, then he screams about race being unjoyable for him? Of course not. It's nearly the exact same thing.

I don't really enjoy playing as mere PFC against broken stun spamming benos. Marine vs Benos is just like Zombie vs Marine.