User Tag List

View Poll Results: Zombie Rounds? Yes or no?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie rounds aren't fun you guys

30 31.91%
  • Zombie rounds are fun, what are you on about?

45 47.87%
  • I really don't care

19 20.21%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Poll:Zombie rounds, Like them or not really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Enjoy the round as marine, suffer punishment as Zombie.
    deal with unkillable infinite-respawning enemies that walk at you sponging up bullets and inevitably overwhelm you in gameplay that you could get from a flash game like "storm the house" or "the last stand" as marine, log out as zombie

you like zombie rounds better than xeno? at least there is a chance to kill xenos and win against them if they make enough mistakes. the only chance to win against zombies is if the admins hand the cure to you.

https://youtu.be/OmTWveDZ6AQ
    Last edited by misto; 06-04-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    deal with unkillable infinite-respawning enemies that inevitably overwhelm you as marine, log out as zombie

you like zombie rounds better than xeno? at least there is a chance to kill xenos and win against them if they make enough mistakes. the only chance to win against zombies is if the admins hand the cure to you.
    So it all boils down to the empty word known as "Victory"? Just because you can't have your "green text" it's bad?

Zombies aren't unkillable and they are not infinite-respawning and they are not always inevitably overwhelm you as marine. You can kill them pretty easly. It's easier to kill a two robust zombies, than one bald young defender.
    Zombies don't respawn, they regenerate, but they can't regenerate broken bones. Broke some of them and they will drop unconcious each few seconds. Take their shoes off and they will trip on glass shards/banana peels/wet floor/soap. Shoot enough bullets into dead zombie and his body will gib itself (probably few thousands worth of damage). Build cades, set up a sentry, set up MD56, wear light armor and outrun every zombie etc. There is multiple choices, as marine you have the the driving wheel, not zombies, or benos.

I like zombie rounds 10 times more than nearly any beno round. Zombie rounds are far superior in RP, atmosphere, being intense, spooky and such. Each zombie round is memorable, each beno rounds is repettitive as fuck. How could one even call Zombie round boring after playing like 100 beno rounds in a row?
    I don't care about "having chance to win", I wan to have chance to survive and enjoy my round and I want to be certain that my round won't end up in 4 seconds due one neuro, or pounce. Zombies don't have cheap deaths.

Becoming a zombie is like being caught and put into perma on normal server. Are you that kind of a player who logs off when he is caught? I'm sorry, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people have better things to do with their time, time they intended to spend playing a game for enjoyment and challenge, than sit in perma or play a zombie they dont like being

your "zombies as punishment" argument is deeply flawed. why should you punish people that are providing the opposing force, when the entertainment of combating the opposing force is the whole point of the game? you're literally punishing people for participating and making the game function. if you cut off the opposing soccer team's legs for losing a match you're going to be left with no one to play against. zombies ARE the other team and should be treated as such and balanced to be entertaining as such. your "punishment" excuse is pathetic. "it sucks because its SUPPOSED to suck!" take it to the dump where it belongs.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misto View Post
    people have better things to do with their time, time they intended to spend playing a game for enjoyment and challenge, than sit in perma or play a zombie they dont like being

your "zombies as punishment" argument is deeply flawed. why should you punish people that are providing the opposing force, when the entertainment of combating the opposing force is the whole point of the game? you're literally punishing people for participating and making the game function. if you cut off the opposing soccer team's legs for losing a match you're going to be left with no one to play against. zombies ARE the other team and should be treated as such and balanced to be entertaining as such. your "punishment" excuse is pathetic. "it sucks because its SUPPOSED to suck!" take it to the dump where it belongs.
    Then those people shouldn't really play SS13, or games in general that are multiplayer with semi-perma death and imprisonment "mechanics". I have only 4 hours for "entertainment" each day from monday to saturday, yet when caught, I will spend my sentence in prison. Either by planning escape, or just goofing around, or RP'ing a bit.

Why should players who let themselfs to be infected (or were unluckey enough to be infected for example: Other marines on help intent fleeing in panic by shoving you into zombies, or buckshot/slug stunning you in front of them) didn't experience a punishment? Just like you are punished for dying by not playing the round, zombie round punishes you in this way. Maybe just remove dying mechanic from CM? It sucks being dead, you can't do nothing, just remove this sucking suck zuck. You can still enjoy being a zombie, it's only matter of your attitude towards it. Sometimes you have to shove "your pride and entertainment" up your own ass just to let others have fun and I'm OK with it. I respect people who still play despite being in perma and I also respect zombie players who provide entertainment for me as marine. I will do the same for others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would have liked to see more variety in some of these poll options ie "zombie rounds are fun for a bit, but i log off if i get zombified" or "i find all aspects of zombie rounds enjoyable" for some truly illuminating numbers, because as it stands those two significantly different stances are basically lumped together into "Zombie rounds are fun, what are you on about?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe a zombie game mode needs a radical change to how it functions.

Personally, if the concept was shifted that the majority of the playerbase took on the role of Civilians on the planet, preferably in a new 'urban' map, and the Civilians have to survive an ever increasing zombie threat. Perhaps sprinkle in some National Guard/Colony Defence Forces to act as a Police/Medical force to try and direct the threat a bit. Eventually, you could then deploy a contingent of Marines to the planet to try and rescue the surviving Civilians and attempt to contain the zombie outbreak.

The primary issue I have with the current implementation of Zombies, is that it's simply too chaotic and heavily balanced against the fact the Marines are packing an overwhelming amount of firepower.

If the Zombies were being balanced, not against a battalion of Marines with machine guns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers and tanks, but instead against a unruly mob of civilians using improvised melee weapons, and maybe the occasional riot shield and shotgun, then the zombies implementation might be more fair.

The Marines should be the big damn heroes. Arriving when the night is at its darkest and blasting away the zombie menace. Think the ending of 'Shaun of the Dead'.

Because, right now, Zombies are too confusing and unfair to fight against. The chaos that comes from Zombies would make more sense if everyone is a panicking civilian, protecting their homes, and maybe families, not a Marine who suddenly mentally snaps cause they can't kill something in less than one magazine.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zombies is in need of an update. New players like it, old ones already know what to expect. Almost nothing has changed since they were added years ago and Feweh ran the event into the ground with its launch popularity. While I do personally enjoy playing the round as things slowly spiral out of control, the round itself can drag on and stagnate at certain moments and most of all, the server just can't handle that many human mobs, blood, and other processes happening all at once.