Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RossWalk - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Rosswalk

Player Name You Use Most?
    Ross Walk

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    3 hours for EORG and I got a warning about rage quiting bacause after 5 or 6 attemps of makeing the MP's gameplay more fun with nades a let one go off in my hand and goasted because I honstly didn't think you could be brought back after that. After explaing it to the Admin he told me not to nade the Brig while it may be fun it is against the rules and told that you can be revived after a nade but said since you didn't know this will just be a warining.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I belive the only way you can use battlefield execution is ethier when a marnie or Ship staff member is mass killing fellow marines and/or fellow shop staff. The only differnce there is to battlefield Execution and regular Execution is battlefield Execution happens on sight and regular Execution happens in the brig Execution room. You still have to announce it and do all the important paper work with USCM high command but what is on that paper work can diifer to. I think this because you should still tell the crew who was killed and why. And still tell USCM high command who was/is Execution and why.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    So my CO would have insubordinate engineering staff staff warned at first then then 2 min of jail then 5 min of jail if the offence keeps happening and add jail time as the offence keeps happening. If my SO can't do anything right than I would ask if he needs a quick run down of what he should remember from training. If I cant do it then I will have my XO or other SO's teach them if possible. I cant read the last one so sorry but If there is a know bug coming up I will have any MP's grab a leathal weapon from a prep room or there Amory and have any ship side marines report to the drop ship landing pad. If it is bad enough like there are 3 or more mature bugs I will go to code red and inform the crew that bugs are on the ship. I will also in ANY case of bugs that are not in research and are CONTAINED I will inform the crew of this as well. If there is someone tossing live nades on the ship then the ship will code red MP's will have leatal force but are strongly advised not to use it to hunt down the bomber. If there are no bombs going off after 3 or so mintes that we will go to code blue untill someone is found respoibile.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Your job as a CO is to lead your soilders to victory over the unknow theart of the bugs. You as the CO is to over see all the departments but all so lead your marnies. You are to reinforce and retreat your squads as need be. You are to over see your SO's and XO and make shure no one is messing up the OP and to ethier have your cizs escape the crashed ship upon the bugs crashing onto the ship or blow them all to hell with your Soldiers and your staff alike.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Honstly I think I would do a okay job as a CO. My speeling may not be great all the time as you could tell but in my first time playing XO I got there half way thourgh the OP and the CO was MIA and the SO's were running the ship. So I got a quick debreif and took control we ended up winning and we tamed 1 mabey 2 Aliens along the way.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I think I would contribute a hot head CO who try's his best to maintaine a ship wile keeping him Soilders alive. Who will always do what he think is the best course of action despite what some people think. Who will try his best to keep KIA's to a minume.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    I was enlisted at a very young age. I started out as a common marine but proved myself. I rose thourgh the Ranks first a marine then a ENG then a Sg then Spec then finally a SL. after his time on in the feild he got a CIC position as a SO were he learned many things about tatics ect. after a year or so he got a promotion as a XO were he stayed for a while. On one OP he was late out of cryo and found the CO MIA and the SO's freaking out about how the UPP have boarded the ship. So he took the con. First he orderd a EVAC of the cizs. Then he told the remaining squads to FOB up the escape pods and that is going to be the last stand point. He told all of CIC to gear up and go help. Afer about an hour he told everone to EVAC and he orderd the self SD. He activated it and ran to the last pod and got away with his life. Once he got back to Earth he got promoted to CO and got to command many ships until he ended up were he is now. This OP could make or break him though.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay buddy, I understand your new here, but this role is a whitelisted role and it requires you to actually have to do some more work to get it.

I dont think anyone here is aware of you as a player or a CO yet. So do me a solid and play a bit more of XO and SO, and reapply in a month.

The story is kinda hard to follow and I dont really understand what is going on. It doesn't help em gauge your roleplay expeirence.

Get on our discord and get in the whitelist-app-help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

Unfortunately your application is not up to our standards, however I can give you some pointers.

1. Those wishing to become Captain must have experience playing as either Staff Officer or Executive Officer. You must have an understanding of how these roles work because it is all the Captain does.
    2. You need to establish a positive reputation as a good player on the server, primarily so people know who you are and can vouch for your application. Those who do not have anyone vouch for them are typically not accepted due to a lack of knowledge in how you actually play.
    3. Your application has numerous typos. You would benefit from having it proof read by someone else. Feel free to stop by the Discord and ask for a proof reader on the #whitelist-app-help channel.

Formally, I have to give your application a -1 but if you follow my advice and remake your application in the future, you will have a significantly higher chance of gaining this whitelist.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're extremely new.

While that isn't necessarily an issue, it is an issue that you're inexperienced. There are still some basic gameplay concepts that I'm not sure you've mastered yet, in-game; as far as the answers go, they're a little lackluster. The story is also pretty poor (typos aside) and it doesn't really show me you're capable of RP. Also, COs don't have to send High Command paperwork regarding their BEs.

To add on to what the Council members have already said; you'll want to take a look at the accepted and rejected CO apps on this forum. They'll give you a pretty good idea of what we are and aren't looking for in potential Commanders.

-1 for now. Don't feel discouraged, just keep playing SO/XO and get those hours in. With enough time and the with right amount of effort, I'm sure you could make a good app.
    Last edited by scsnv; 05-05-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was hard to read through, your grammar needs work. Good English is a basic for a commander and while this is not horrible, your grammar would lower my morale in game. You should play more, get known and establish yourself as a good CiC, and spend more time on your application.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grest app Gret player -1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everything said here except what EDGARDO had to say basically hits the nail on the head.

I've had you as my XO, and you weren't too bad. However, the fact that you're as new as you are really shows.

Keep at it and come back next time with a more thought out app, and I have no doubt you'll get it. For now though, i'm gonna have to say -1 to this one. If you have any questions about the role, feel free to hit myself, or any of the other Councilmembers up and we'll help you best we can.

With everything said, don't take it too personally, we just want to see you improve. If it makes you feel any better, you're a step ahead of me when I first joined this community :P
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...=Frans#p203199

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could say more but whats been said sums it up -1s
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typos. Worrying for both App and in-game behavior
    New Player to Game and Forums (Unknown Player, lack of a positive reputation)
    Experience in game as XO or SO in a Command role.

I suggest you work on all these.
    Give it anywhere from a month (doubt it will change much) to 3 months (much more likely you'll have changed for the better) and reapply.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You�re still new. Give it some time, get some more experience and maybe then you could try again.

CO is a demanding role and this is the purpose of this whitelist. To make sure you have the qualities required for it.

Take a look at other apps, play some more not onlt in command roles but also explore the other roles to get a good understanding of how things work, take a look at guides in the forums. And if you need any help or advice dont hesitate to contact me or other council members.

It will have to be a -1 for now.