User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Xeno/Marine Major Message At End Of Round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Bring Back Xeno/Marine Major Message At End Of Round

Pretty simply, the removal of the message was an unnecessary tweak which only served to make round ends less satisfying and more confusing. The reasoning by Apop for the change was basically "If we make it less satisfying for both sides to win, they won't tryhard as much and we'll get more roleplay", however in the years since then this has been proven wrong, since both sides have tryharded just as much since then, and there hasn't been any increase in roleplay. Besides, it's universally recognized when one side wins at the end of the round, the only thing the lack of the "xeno/marine major" message does is make everyone kind of confused (there's usually someone asking "who won?" after the round ends), and especially confused if it's a marine/xeno minor since to them the round just abruptly ends without much of a conclusion, with the xeno/marine minor message back it'd give a more conclusive end to the round.

I don't care if we're bringing back the "God has a hard-on for marines!" marine major sound clip or the "Game over man, game over!" xeno major one or not, but when talking about it everyone seems to agree they at least want the "xeno/marine major/minor" messages back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support this idea and I'm also kinda peeved that rounds ends in a draw when the dropship crashes into the Almayer after 20 mins, that's such a cop out. Nobody likes draws. The only draw ending should be SD going off.

All marines dead -> xeno major
    Some marines escaped, rest dead -> xeno minor
    SD going off -> Draw
    Queen timer goes off -> marine minor
    All xenos RIP -> marine major
    Nuke goes off on planet -> marine major

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retards will keep yelling marine major regardless. I'd like the message back though
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone: Slightly suggest competion.

Everyone: Cm IsN�t aBoUt WiNnInG iS aBoUt HaViNg FuN!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seconded. Or... Fifth'd?
    I was wondering where that message went, and I would love to see that message again. There have been a few times where the round ended and it wasn't clear why or which side "came out on top." Which isn't important, but is fun to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bring back hell march for marine major..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really miss those end of round messages since they got removed. Bringing them back would make round endings a lot more clear and less anti-climatic. Removing them didn't really serve the intended purpose as far as I can see.

Bonus points if I hear Hell March playing again after a Marine Major ;-)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMASPACENINJA View Post
    Just bring back hell march for marine major..............
    One Hell March is worth more than 100 shitty Midis. Admemes might feel discomfort when one line of code would do better job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like the round to end on a marine major if planetside xenos are wiped before they can take the DS up.
    The generic round end message can stay for any post dropship highjack ending. Marines never win once their spaceship is cut in half and infested with facehuggers and sharp claws.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in agreement that this should be added back in.