anakain75 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    anakain75

Marine Name
    John Kaor

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Atlas

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Synthetic Character Story
    Atlas is just an ordinary synth created to assist the human crew of the Almayer, since being created Atlas is fascinated by humans, and human behavior, but most of all respects them for their great minds that brought him to be alive today. This is one of the reasons he takes on the name Atlas from the Humans Greek Mythology of Atlas and how he holds the world on his back Well I am Atlas the Synth, and I am ready to hold up the Almayer, and all aboard it on my back. Similar to the Greek Titan Atlas wishes to hold the Almayer on his back, and carry them along to the end helping in any way I can.

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    I intend to help wherever I am required to, whether that be on the battlefield healing, and building, or on the station maintaining the reactors, or doing surgeries in Medbay.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    I have played them all a lot Primarily SO, Marine, Doctor Medic, CT, Engineer.

Why should we whitelist you?
    Because I see that there are definitely a low amount of people playing as synths, even though they are so vastly interesting as well as useful. I have a great interest in them and feel I would do great at the Job.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No I had a job ban from XO that was appealed due to me having to log out as XO because of a family emergency which has since been appealed, other than that no other bans or infractions

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No I am not, and this is the only one I play.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes
    Last edited by anakain75; 05-06-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... I mean... look the accepted apps and compare it to your app. Use the discord help channel

The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chief, this ain't it.

I don't even know where to start...

Good luck next time, follow the advice of Ventyas here. -1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really you posted 2 apps in the same day there's a unwritten rule demanding to not post more that 1 app at time.

Take a look to any accepted app.

This goes for your capt app too.

-1 for both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not downvoting this because you posted two apps, but I just don't feel you really put any effort into this.

It doesn't seem like English is your native language, so I can't expect you to roleplay effectively, and I don't even know who you are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being honest mate, we can't make this work.

Try reading our accepted apps, compare those to yours, what's missing? What should you improve? Reading 'em might give you some answers, feel free to ask on the discord.

This one is low effort and I don't recognize you.

Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry gamer but I don't see enough effort in this app. I see you have an idea for a quirk which is interest in humans, but you gotta expand on it. We're looking to read an actual story here, not a short paragraph. Think of something cool that happened with your synth and then write it. Also make sure you grind out these support roles. If you need help shoot me a PM either here on on the discord. Also use whitelist help channel on the discord. Look at accepted apps to get an idea of what needs to be done. GL on your next app!
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it looks like you gave genuine answers for the app, you don't seem to understand what we're actually looking for. The whitelist isn't just you sitting down for five minutes and getting the role, we ask people to put real thought and time into the apps, and those that get accepted often have many hours of work put into them. Wouldn't say you're hopeless in the future but you definitely need to either talk to people about what the standard is or check out other apps that have been accepted or that are open right now. For now, this is denied. You may try again in two months.