Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anakain75 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    anakain75

Player Name You Use Most?
    John Kaor

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Other than the Job ban for XO that has already been appealed and has details of appeal in link above.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Well it I feel that BE is something that altogether shouldn't be used unless under extreme circumstances. No matter what they do down there they should be able to have a fair trance to be brought back and detained and question by MP's, I should not in a leadership role be trying to, and or looking for people to BE it should only be when it is of a risk to the other men of the mission, Or for the safety of the ship in general

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    I have had to deal with this a lot unfortunately as the XO, SO, SL jobs, so I have dealt with it a lot before, first of I will not tolerate any disrespect from anyone to any of their superiors With a case of someobody to refusing to follow my orders I would order them once more and if they still refused to follow my order, I would relieve them of there duty and have someone else who could follow instructions handle the job, The persons overall attitude, and actions would determine wthere I would really need to call in MP's. But mostly situations like that can always be Talked/Roleplayed out usually. As for any staff officer or any on the ship for that matter was having trouble doing there job I would Make sure they are shown and taught what they need to do, Or as an example if I am in the CIC running the op and one of my SO's who just came in doesn't seem to know what to do, where to sit, how to do his job, I would basically help out by telling him what needs to be done whilst explaining how to do them. And worst case scenario if I were to busy to teach and/or explain something to help one of my men do their job, I would simply have another one of my SO's sit close and make sure to help him out, But I do in no way frown upon or think that newer people or people trying new jobs for the first time should be Yelled at in the CIC for it. Without neglecting my own duties however I would make some time or have someone assist this player in learning his role, as well as LOOC let him know he can Ahelp for answers aswell, aslong as y'all are still helping players that way.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Above all to maintain control of the Almayer along with all crew, whilst still carrying out the mission objectives. As CO you basically are there to tell everyone what they need to know, you may not be on the battlefield but you can still manage all your men on the ground, comms, and maintaining the ship crew. Basically you are there to guide the mission to success, while taking into account the safety of all my marines and crew.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    As far as my understanding they may have a tablet to do mostly everything they can from, but as a player of honestly anyone in the CIC I think maybe some better computers or systems in the CIC or possibly like a tactical map display for the captains desk. Again I have never seen the Command Tablet so not sure of it's abilites

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I think I would contribute by helping keep missions fun, whilst also effectively managing and taking care of the ship I already love to do, In fact I play XO a lot of the time trying to test, and learn more, and especially by playing in so many SO, and XO jobs I have seen many great Captains that I have been able to learn from. I think rounds with me as a captain would be run with fun, efficiency, and the perfect resolution of our mission.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    John Kaor arrived aboard the Almayer a simple marine, Learning how to kill xenos, and path up wounded soldiers, He then moved up to a Squad Leader where he finally shined at the Head of Alpha. And his first mission to Prison Station where he lead his troops through hordes of xenos and kept them pushing them further and further back until we finally won, and I was awarded the Distinguished conduct medal for "Consistently kept the squad going when was needed, Their push kept our momentum going, What a great marine"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medal

unknown.jpg

Pic of the Medal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, normally I�d be neutral here. I don�t think I�ve ever seen you - and if I did, I didn�t formulate an opinion of you, good or bad. Your answers are more-or-less adequate too. So in any other context I�d just say �Neutral� and wait until I see you in the CIC.

But the story is forcing me towards a -1 here. I�ll list just a few questions/concerns:
    • The story switches from third person to first person in a way that is really jarring and takes you out of the story.
    • It doesn�t have enough content to tell me that you�re capable of RP or how you plan to portray your CO.
    • You�re writing the story from/around the perspective of your character as an Alpha SL, yet this is the CO whitelist app. I�m generally not in support of people �climbing through the ranks� from enlisted to officer because it�s extremely rare. But how does your SSGT become a CPT? What motivated them into doing so? Is your character comfortable with sitting in a comfy CIC chair while their men fight and die in the field? All of these would be possible directions to take a story, and I think all of them would work fine.

Frankly, I don�t know you. And I hope that I get the chance to see you in the CIC in the near future. It�s possible that you could more-than-exceed my expectations and I might change my verdict; from what I see now, however, I stand at a -1. Keep playing XO/SO, build up a reputation, and have a look at #whitelist-app-help in the CM discord. I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by scsnv; 05-08-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

One thing I find peculiar is that most of your answers are quite literate, but your story is very jarring. You constantly shift from third person to first person in a confusing way and it seems like you had someone else write it. As for the contents yourself, the story is just super bland and tells me nothing about your character. One thing we need to see in a story is how your character will act and all I know is that your a super good marine and went from PFC to Captain (which is a common thing people write which I find terrible.)

I have not seen you in CIC, however it may be due to time zones.

The story alone forces me to give you a -1. It is extremely low effort, poorly written and even if you were one of my closest friends I would be forced to give you the -1 due to the story alone.

For your next application, consider reviewing some previously accepted ones and see what they did to get approved.
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 05-06-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

Your answers are fine on the application, but what really brings this down are 2 things:
    - Story is Terribly lackluster
    - I cannot recall seeing you in any Command roles recently. I went ahead and checked your activity to make sure it wasn't just a timezone difference, and while last month you have alright hours, i'm not seeing anything before then, and ok hours this month. I'm not saying you need to play 24/7 to get accepted, however from the looks of it you're pretty new and haven't had enough time to be recognized in Command roles in order to be accepted to the whitelist. If anyone could vouch for you though, i'd be happy to hear it.

With that said, the actual app is alright up until the story. Your story is extremely lackluster and thus due to the mentioned points, i'm gonna have to hit this with a -1.

Get some more experience in Command Roles, make a name for yourself and try again in a month with a decent app. I look forward to seeing you again then.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgive me putting the Nail on the Coffin. But it will be a -1 from me, In one month on June 8th you can reapply.

The Story doesnt really tell me much about your character, if you require help crafting a story that shows us your Roleplay ability and your Character. The Whitelist App help section on the Discord is the best place to go for it.

The Answers are not wrong but I think you should have em proof read by someone before posting it ensure there are no spelling errors but this is not a College Exam so grammar mistakes are quite common and as long as I can understand the point its no issue. I think you just need more time is all. More time to get known and more time in the Command roles such as XO and SO.

But nonetheless. Do not be discouraged. Put some more time in, And try again. The only way you can go is forward now.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As bancrose said, you can reapply in one month. Consider getting more well known in the community over that time. Denied, there's always next time.