42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 35.71%
  • No

19 45.24%
  • Further discussion and tweaking is needed

8 19.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we bring back the LTB cannon as a roundstart option?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should we bring back the LTB cannon as a roundstart option?

Having played as a TC a couple of times, I found that there is not a lot of definite damage output for tanks. While the minigun puts out a ton of gunfire, I found that xenos ultimately just disengage to go and heal for a minute before coming back for more. The same issue applies for the flame cannon and autocannon (not to mention that shrapnel only really seems to affect marines). Xenos take a fair bit of damage, leave to heal, and come back no worse for wear while I waste ammo and time in this fashion.

I understand the concerns regarding the use of the LTB along with the artillery module, but the tank is in serious need of definite damage output. CM13 combat heavily revolves around either stuns or extreme damage output to kill xenos and I feel that the tank currently lacks both. This would also give marines some parity with boilers and spitters.

While the ability to kill without warning might come as a bit of surprise to xenos, marines have been struggling in this regard for a very long time. Boilers are able to spit out acid clouds and railgun shots without need for logistics and very little protection. Even if a boiler dies, it is easily replaced within a matter of minutes. There are only two TCs, and if one of them dies, the tank is completely out of the round for the rest of the round.

Other marine long-range fire support assets (CAS, OB, Mortar) are either 1. Limited in nature (CAS munitions, OB shells, mortar rounds), 2. Require an insane amount of coordination to use effectively, or 3. Faces the risk of friendly fire. Xenos face none of these limitations and uses their own boilers and spitters to great effect.

This is NOT a call for xeno nerfs. This is merely a call for marines to be given some sort of parity to boilers and spitters. The ability for marines to have an independant artillery option to counter boilers will increase the feasibility for FOB defenses and counter spitters/Praes that rely on hit-run tactics that can be difficult to counter. Tanks will still be limited by logistics and the TC round limits.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank is in a decent place. Half the reason it was removed in the pasf was the LTB at roundstart.

Readding instant kill mechanics isnt really fun for anyone other than the TC.

No thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing as xeno, the tanks gun isn't really scary, half the time its going to miss you if you are moving and if it hits, you might lose 30-40% of your hp and have to back off for a bit. What is scary is its ability to drive over you, stunning you indefintely while it is on you, and the stun lasts for 5 seconds even after it is is no longer on you.

I think they should rebalance the tank so its gun is more dangerous than its ability to drive on you. Maybe make it so the stun wears off instantly if it gets off of you, but the gun has a reasonable chance of critting you if it lands a few shots, meaning you rely on another xeno to pull you away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know xenos should be fun to play too, not only Marines or TC in this case. Being insta killed by something that takes no skill is just boring and unfun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the LTB was re-added at round start it'd likely get nerfed to compensate and be more in line with the other round start gun options, which would defeat the purpose.

Instant kill weapons are blergh, but I do think its more fair in the tanks case due to its BIG size, noise and its lack of maneuverability
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after armor changes LTB is ALOT weaker. It does nothing to crusher or queen. It can still one shot t1 and some t2 with direct hits but without it doesnt. Would need to see more testing but the LTB didnt look anything like it did a year ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LTB didn't really feel like it was that good when I used it.

Overdrive, secondary flamer, and minigun provide a ton of useful things that you don't get with an LTB arty tank:

* Suppressive Fire
    * Ability to casually knock out minor obstructions
    * High octane speed
    * A vehicle to support the ungapush

I'd have to play with LTB more (which is pretty difficult with how rare defcon 2 is), but from what I've seen of it so far, I actually prefer minigun and flamer over LTB and whatever. There are a lot of situations where you're getting swarmed in the tank, and if you miss a shot with the LTB you're now useless for 10 seconds and get eaten alive. LTB arty is only good for sniping from well-defended positions, good flanks, or with marine backup. Outside that, I actually think it's garbage. It really cannot handle a direct confrontation of more than 1-2 xenos very well at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm of the opinion that the TCs should get one restricted part out of the following at roundstart:LTB, Secondary Flamer, TOW, Overdrive, Arty. These parts should be restricted because combinations of them are all very strong, but allowing any one of them at roundstart isn't a problem.

LTB Arty, LTB OD and LTB Flamer are all incredibly strong. On its own, though, I feel like it's not strong enough to warrant restriction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSuit View Post
    CM13 combat heavily revolves around either stuns or extreme damage output to kill xenos and I feel that the tank currently lacks both.
    Ok...

Anyway, I'd rather see boilers changed to be more reasonable or maybe mortars buffed, let's just say its a scifi so mortars can target lasers now because why not, having to relocate it because of range is probably annoying enough as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperia15 View Post
    Being insta killed by something that takes no skill is just boring and u

Oh the irony