User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mafs - Developer Application (Coder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if double posting is allowed here, just wanted to update and let devs know. I've so far spent a good 2 weeks just reading and learning more DM, specifically using TGMC as a learning base and example. At the same time I've been spending time working on a project to show how proficient I've become, namely trying to insert a brand new weapon into CM as a test of my abilities. The weapon I chose is just a musket, specifically a French Model 1777 musket. So far I've created a working sprite for the weapon, loaded and unloaded, as well as a sprite for the paper cartridges, open and unopened, as well as the datums and code for the weapon and ammo themselves, as well as the code to utilize it, the text for it, as well as some sounds I've imported from other games. While I have made progress and the weapon does load and fire, it doesn't function 100% the way I want it yet (the reload is instantaneous, for example when it shouldn't be). I can continue to work on it to get it to function the exact and perfect way I want it, or I can just gather up what I've done and show it. I also added in a new pouch that holds only paper cartridges (20 of them) along with its sprite but scrapped the code after not liking it, though I can easily re implement it. All of this was just to force me to work and make mistakes so I can learn more, the actual musket weapon I don't intend on adding ever into CM proper.

I've also started working on an actual possible idea to add into CM, namely a Surrender button. I heard of the idea from the forums and gitlab, possibly making a surrender button for HvH. I've already added the Button into the UI and planned on importing "I surrender!" sound files from another game in both Russian and English for Male and Female, as well as beginning work on the actual effects of clicking the surrender button (namely dropping held weapon and showing a White Flag), however I am unsure if I should continue with this idea.

I've been in constant contact with 4khan for any coding questions and Aceluke for just misc. discussion. I would like to know if I should properly present my current work and progress to show how much I know or if I should continue before presenting.

Head Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mafs, I'll be closing this application thread. You aren't denied; however, you've taken more than the allotted time to get back in touch with us, so this application is stale. Please, feel free to post a new application in the future whenever you'd like to.