Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dinobubba7 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    dinobubba7

Player Name You Use Most?
    Erick 'Snake' Silva

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I believe that BE's should be used at intermediate times, as using them liberally turns you into a murderous maniac capable of instantly taking any player out of a round at whim, and setting you onto the path of becoming a griefer, but at the same time if you barely use any, then people will see you as soft and attempt to walk over you whenever possible, knowing you wont react, you need to find a middle ground as to the amounts you perform, within reason of course.

When performing a BE, you need to think about a few things, should I be doing this, why is this happening, who is going to be effected, how MANY will be effected, and much more. If you BE the RO for calling you a retard, you may have slower times in requisitions, if you BE the Delta SL after they attempted to murder you via throwing knives, you might have a mutiny on your hands, so on and so fourth. You need to find the right circumstances to BE someone, and it must not be for a petty reason. Not to mention before even thinking about going to the BE, figure out if you can punish them via marine law, and work from there.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    The plan for Captain Silva would end up running his ship as efficiently, and as smoothly as possible.

He would first off read the crew manifests to see what high priority jobs are filled, mainly command, requisitions, and medical, and then working down from there.

If there were no SO's present, he would check every squad monitor to make sure they have an SL, and if not to assign an aSL.

If there was no one in requisitions, he would go down to assist with setting up the preliminary crates, and assign those who wish to volunteer with the process, rinse and repeat.

Captains Silva would have tolerance for minor insubordination, after all, being able to take minor insubordination allows him to identify key problems, and then begin to fix said problems. However if it was anything above minor insubordination, he would promptly follow Marine Law, and work from there with MP's and other officials to see the situation sorted in a timely manor, as there would be much to do. if the insubordination was caused by a key member, command for the most part, he would personally converse with said person, and fix the problem if possible, dishing our punishment if needed.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    I think the job of a Commander is to be able to take responsibility of an entire round, to give it interesting progression, as well as guidance to all of those under you. Being able to do that properly shows experience as well as dedication to the player base and server as a whole, not to mention that you need to be an example ICLY and OOCLY to help mentor, guide, and train the next generation of players.

As this is a position of responsibility, you need to be able to not mess it up completely, and keep everything under control, while keeping things entertaining.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think paying more attention to each person that is under you is something that every commander needs to work on. Understanding the woo's and woes of your underlings helps you to circumvent entire issues, keeping the marines able to work together, and not just run off alone, plus knowing your marines one-on-one also gives you the benefit of trust, knowing that they can trust you, and you can trust them.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    Due to my experience with the server, dating back to around 2015, I could add a look of a genuinely dedicated player, one who has been around since the good old Nostromo days.

Not to mention that I am quite known for my leadership skills as a Squad Leader main, I can bring a new eye to command when it comes to looking out for each and every marine, as they are all precious in every way, in an attempt to limit casualties of war, and make sure everyone doesn't end up dead or wounded.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    He went through basic training and managed to pass, becoming a Private First Class for the United States Colonial Marines.

In his time of service as a Private First Class, superiors noted him for his above average intelligence compared to those around him, as well as seemingly natural leadership that he had when assisting fellow PFC's in getting tasks done.

Approximately a year into his service, his squad leader, Staff Sargent Rakura Miller, noted Silva for his exceptional CQC skills, as well as a knack for leadership, and assisted Silva via citations, and those citations eventually lead him into being promoted to Corporal.

During his time as a Corporal, he was once again given a citation from Miller, after Silva assisted in leading a fireteam under CLF fire, to take a machinegun nest in the Battle of Rakisun, located on Unglar II, Silva was wounded in the process but managed to lead his fireteam to victory, securing the hill and waiting for reinforcements to arrive.

After the battle he was recovering in the field hospital before being approached by SSGT. Miller, but also a Lieutenant by the name of Iroquois Lipskin, personally receiving a congratulations an thank you for what Silva accomplished, most noticeably a citation from Lipskin himself, assisting Silva in becoming a Sargent after he recovered from his wounds, and went through the basic training to become one.

During his time as a Sargent, he was noted for having a close connection to each of the men under him, talking to them personally and getting to know them, winning over many marines that were under him, and being known to somehow, lead near penal battalion levels of men. However tragedy would strike as Silvas mentor and personal friend, Rakura Miller, would be killed in action following a sniper attack during the Battle of Terf, located on Dagoth Minor.

Silva would be promptly promoted to, even though he had not gone through NCO training at this moment in time, Staff Sargent after this event due to the lack of properly trained marines during the operation by Lt. Lipskin, and at this time two men would have been contacted by [REDACTED] to watch over him as a favor, and attempt to see if Silva could be promoted even further in the USCM, to carry on a certain legacy. Those men's names would be Commander James-Frederick Cerwick, and Colonel Roy Campbell.

After approximately two years of being a Staff Sargent, and receiving citations from multiple NCO's and other above him, he would be personally approached by Cerwick, and after discussing Silvas numerous accomplishments, would offer Silva to go through Officer Candidate School, to open up a future of possibilities in his career, Silva would accept and go through officer school, while being watched by Cerwick and Campbell the entire time.

Silva would end up passing Officer Canidate School, being promoted to Lieutenant and being personally picked and assigned to Cerwicks Staff Officer crew, aboard the USS Cleveland, where he would be put in charge of Delta Squad, assisting them in multiple operations under the command of Cerwick, while still keeping in touch with Campbell.

After approximately 3 years as a Lieutenant, and following the scandal involving a bear, prostitude, and the Executive Officer onboard the USS Cleveland, Cerwick would approach Silva, and with papers given to him by Campbell, assist Silva in being promoted to Executive Officer of the USS Cleveland, officially making him into a commissioned officer of the United States Colonial Marines.

It is of note that due to the seemingly ease of promotions being handed to Silva, [REDACTED] must have been pulling multiple strings in USCM High Command to allow this to happen, even with his skill set, it would take a lot longer to reach where Silva has, and is planning on going.

Approximately five years of being an Executive Officer, Silva was ordered to return to Earth, to receive a new assignment and posting, after meeting with Marine High Command, and Colonel Roy Campbell, as well as [REDACTED], Silva was promoted to Commander, and being put under control of the USS Almayer, which was currently in dock receiving retrofitting and a new crew, to be sent off to the outer colonies to patrol for CLF, and to respond to destress beacons from any colonies.

Commander Erick 'Snake' Silva, after multiple years of service would finally be in a position of power and responsibility he has never had before, sitting at the helm of the USS Almayer he would think about his past, how he got here, who assisted him along the way, before pulling out his bandanna, taking off his new beret, tying it around his head before standing, and heading down to briefing to meet his crew.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolute +1

Could not +1 more. You play an amazing XO/SO/SL depending on whatever role you choose and your app is pretty much picture perfect.
    You will do well in the CO role!
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story, Effort, Time and Dedication are quite present in this App.

I've seen you play XO for a while now and to do that reminds me a lot of myself.

Well Captain Silva. +1, Good luck.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus christ Just yes +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good dude, is competent, likes to run infront of firing RPG's knows his stuff. Well known and mostly respected

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course!!

+1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I write paragraph after paragraph on apps.

Four words: fuck yeah. About time.

+1
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silva is an experienced SL, he has the respect of Delta and knows how to wrangle them literally every round, an above average XO at that too, while I'm learning towards positive but neutral ON the story only, I'm in favor of this, anyone who plays SL a lot (and good at command too) would in my opinion make a great captain as they already know how combat/communication works on the ground
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    +1
    beast

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely component, one of the best XOs I've worked with, and a great leader otherwise. Nothing else to say.

+1
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine