User Tag List

Thread: LostInTime - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LostInTime - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    romanzc
    Character Name?
    Goddward Power
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    Permament
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    Goonstation 1# and 2#, /vg/, Bee and Fulp (very rarely), World Server when its not ultra lowpop.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    All other servers I didn't mention on the "What other servers do you play on", except things like the Russian TGMC, the servers at the bottom of the hub, etc. Overall, banned from most popular servers.
    Reason for BanLink to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    2 perma appeals and 1 jobban appeals, all lost in time..
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)

Slaves to Badmin: God of Moderation Chapter II: Fortified Archives

Act I: The Perma

I was pretty immature in 2015 and 2016. LowRP, borderline griefing, and generally bad behaviour. The fact that I never asked to see notes to see my degradading situation didn't make it better, thought I don't think that's the admins obligation, and I should've just not fucked up that bad. After many notes and incidents, since 2015, the last straw happened. I though that acting like a clown as a MP was a good idea, and made space lube.

I didn't really think about this well, and I though "heh, just some slipping annoyance". Turns out, my slipping position ended up in somebody getting crushed by the Alamo. Pretty hilarious.. if the marine could've respawned without any time wasted. Overall, that's was essentially griefing, and I completly ruined a marine's round, and my horrible LowRP behaviour and notes led to my permaban.

I decided to appeal. Apop was really cool about it, and suprisingly left me to play with a 3 month probation. I actually though it was so bad in 2019 that I though the probation was 6 months.

Act II: The Re-Perma

I was still immature, but it wasn't really bad like in 2015, but I didn't really learn anything, and the excitement made it worse. This time, it was much less minor shit, and a few really bad rule infrigements. I would've been placed in perma much earlier if Apop didn't intervene with the February 13 incident.

I thought I was lucky, so I pushed it, really far. Almost exactly a month later, I got into a massive clusterfuck involving Carson's memery. Carson had a bit of blame on it, really Low-RP behaviour, but that's not the point. After realizing that the xenos were going to kill us all, I went on Carson's cell and went to severely injure him for being such shit during that round (RP decision). Went on and shot him twice with HP rounds on the head and ran while saying "Glory to the USCM" or something of that sorts. That was also really Low-RP behaviour from me, and I should've just stayed to kill xenos, not Low-RP and grief Carson.

That was the second last straw, and I doubt I will be able to be unbanned a second time..

Act III: Present

After seeing that annoucement about the jobban txt getting really messed up after the Sseth tide, I decided "hey, lets see if something interesting happens!". Turns out, all my recent bans (aka my permaban) were all gone! How nice.

From there, I decided to have the great 300 IQ mastermind plan of not getting suspected by the admins for 6 months, which was what my probation period time (it was actually 3 months? Wow) that I failed 1 year ago. After not getting discovered after 6 months, I would admit on ahelps that I was banned, I changed, and that I have logs from 6 months ago, and that I was ready to appeal not being a griffon. Turns out, 1 month after the ban.txt thing happened, I though that it would be funny to announce stupid shit via announcements as a marine (i though it was allowed under rules since lorewise the almayer marines are a bunch of idiots with guns). I think because of that I got busted and got banned.

atleasts thats what I think that happened to get discovered, or was it that shitty super granade throws I did, idk..

Anyways, I just wanted to prove that im not a immature shitter like before, because I knew that a simple voucher from another server was not gonna save me at this point, so whats better than getting another chance of proving yourself, given by the own server limitations, in this case, the ban.txt getting broken?

I've read the rules, I accept that if this ever gets accepted there's no more chances, and to not get salty when this gets denied and I get told to move on.

Sincerely, your local permabanned player.
    Last edited by LostInTime; 06-11-2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Edited post according to moderators advice.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the slow reply from us. I understand that you wanted to surprise the staff with the gift of non-shittery to get unbanned, even though what you did was still against the rules. However, your appeal doesn't address what actually got you perma'd or what got you re-perma'd, only the details of your failed 300 IQ plan.

In other words, not only do you need to appeal for ban evading due to the error with our ban system (already covered in your appeal), you also have to appeal what got you permabanned in the first place/in the second place. And any notes in between then and now ideally, since that's supposed to be your 'proof of not being a griffon'.

Now that your notes have been posted, hopefully you'll have a clearer idea of what happened.
    Last edited by Ordukai; 05-23-2019 at 06:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do address Ordukai's post within the week. Otherwise this appeal will be closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a admin from /vg/station and was asked to vouch for this guy who was actively playing on our server since 2018.
    In that timespan he has only received a note from us in early 2018 (see attachment). From what I personally saw he was always doing a good job when playing, mostly doing medical jobs. Never heard any complaints about him from other people either.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't edit your appeals, it makes my job much harder, just respond in new posts. Now, it's been a year and a half and there's certainly some effort put into it as well as a vouch from /vg/. That said, this is also your second permaban so let me make something very clear. We do not give fourth chances, if you get another permaban that one will be permanent in every sense of the word, that is, it will never be lifted.

With all that in mind I do believe you can be a good player so I will lift this with a four month probation. Any sort of issue and you're out. Your probation will last until the23rd of October, 2019.