User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Whitelists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    No one can argue COs having whitelist when queen doesnt have whitelist. Queen has way more influence and ability to ruin rounds. It makes 0 sense for COs to be whitelisted if queens arent.

Synth and predators actually have real reasons to be whitelisted though.
    Queen is mandatory for a normal round while the CO is not, which is why Queen is not a whitelisted role
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    Queen is mandatory for a normal round while the CO is not, which is why Queen is not a whitelisted role
    Ya and theres a ton of ways to fix that. Make evolution not tied to queen and you wont even need a queen now that carriers can lay eggs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking as a synthetic here.
    Oh boy. The other posts have stated the points on why removing whitelists is a bad idea already.
    But personally, i would hate nothing more than losing tve the roll to a baldie mcfuckface, rolling a synthetic and not be able to perform medical duties or fix an APC.
    With the current whitelist method, no matter who you get, you know they will get shit done.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need a pred/synth whitelist, but i dont see a problem with making CO available to everyone, maybe have a psuedo whitelist for competent players to spawn as some admiral type if they have a fun gimmick they want to try

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    No one can argue COs having whitelist when queen doesnt have whitelist. Queen has way more influence and ability to ruin rounds. It makes 0 sense for COs to be whitelisted if queens arent.

Synth and predators actually have real reasons to be whitelisted though.
    the argument against whitelisting queen isn't that queen has less impact than CO, it's that the way xenos work you 100% need to have a queen, while the marines can get by without a CO. If you whitelist queen, what happens when there's no queen whitelist players around, or none of them want to play it? You'd have to just let anyone take over as queen, at which point why bother having the whitelist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with the part about having to write a story for the whitelist, since I believe that the other questions in the form + from other players should be enough to determine whether you're worthy of the whitelist.

That said, for the current whitelisted roles, they need to be in a whitelist. For their power and their responsibility.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No run of the mill Joe should play a role that could quite literally end the round of others on a whim. Where incompetence can seriously affect others.

The reputation and standard of the whitelist would diminish immediately if everyone had access to it. You'd be shocked at what anyone can do with a Mateba, HPC or a Telebaton. You want to give people who have never seen or read the guideline the power to BE, Hunt marines? Its ludicrous. We cannot trust half the players to not grenade briefing at the start of the Op. Staff wouldn't even be able to handle the 100 ahelps they got about marines getting HPC'd as soon as they landed or why the CO shot 20 people with his Mateba because "He called me a retard".

And you'd be more shocked at how many of those players who spent the time to earn these whitelists get punished regarding their actions because the punishments are steep. Staff can ban them should they break a Server Rule, But most whitelisted players don't break Server rules, they mostly violate their respective guidelines. Which is why they don't get punished immediately in-game, because it might not be a violation at all. That is why every single council will always say "If you see something you don't like or genuinely think that ruined your round or violated a guideline. Report it to the respective Council Members or make a player report." I wont guarantee that any punishment can happen but I assure you that things will be evaluated and dealt with more transparently for you.

And the only reason we make you write these dreadful stories is to better gauge your ability to role-play and understand your character better. Because storytelling is a what most of the RP is on this server. I don't know if I'd want a guy who can barely speak English giving me orders. Or someone just getting a lucky roll and their first round ever on the server would be a Predator. The idea of any baldie playing a synthetic and having no idea how to do surgery when there are 0 doctors, or have no clue how to reload an OB. The idea of it scares me a lot.
    Last edited by Bancrose; 05-09-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntasa View Post
    the argument against whitelisting queen isn't that queen has less impact than CO, it's that the way xenos work you 100% need to have a queen, while the marines can get by without a CO. If you whitelist queen, what happens when there's no queen whitelist players around, or none of them want to play it? You'd have to just let anyone take over as queen, at which point why bother having the whitelist.
    You use a queen whitelist to make sure that the most competent players have first dibs on queen. If no whitelisted queens are selected at round start then any other player just evolves into queen from drone.

If no one wants to be queen then it would end the round just like it would now. Rounds can start with no queen if no one has queen preference on because it checks for xeno preference on before it checks for a queen so you can get an entire group of people who don't want to be queen already.

Ya there would still be bad queens but it would be way less often than it is now (basically more often than not the queen sucks now)

The reason the DEVs wont do queen whitelist is because they don't want to "exclude newbies" from being able to have fun. DEVs want newbies to beable to have fun even if it requires ruining the rounds for everyone else in the process because precious newbies cant be asked to play a few rounds as a regular xeno before they get to be a queen.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 05-09-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't need to be removing whitelists, if anything we need to be adding more soft-whitelists to roles like queen and tank crew. Rolling dice on round-pivotal roles is idiotic when a single person can derail things for so many through sheer incompetence or soft-grief. It also makes balancing gameplay mechanics a fucking nightmare because the roller coaster that is skill and experience disparity from round to round means balance decisions are based less on facts and more on feelings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I just looked up your player report. And it turned out good for you, the problem was addresed, identified as a rule break and nobody (yet) seems to think otherwise, even one of the involded gave it�s apologies..

What else do you want? Because this seems just salty rabble. You�re not the first nor the last to get his round ruined because player interaction and if ain�t the predators it will be the xenos, other humans or just admin memery.