Your Byond ID?
    Ceyella

Your Character Name?
    Cey' 'SOP' Meer

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    Bill Carson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    9:45 pm

What rule(s) were broken:
    ML violation, dont be a dick

Description of the incident:
    so, im noting carson and not cmp/mp as CMP/MP went along with carsons orders. i was brigged for insulting a superior officer, after i went SSD and woke up in brig, after a lovely time mortaring xenos. later, lauren broke me out of jail, so i walked into medbay to get medical treatment, and albert caught me, brigged me for jailbreaking, and lauren too. Carson then ordered us both executed by firing squad for our jailbreaking, despite max sentance of jailbreak being perma brig. other charges list execution as max, so i am assuming perma is PERMA and not a execution. frankly the entire round hes been executing people for silly stuff like playing basketball and taking back 6 times..etc. he seems to be hiding behind the BE rules for this, despite the fact hes gunning down about 9 people so far. SO FAR. I get per rules technically you can BE for just about any reason, but playing B-ball or talking back...? my LT also croyed after telling us carson shoved a gun in his face. Carson is negatively impacting 10+ peoples round with his behavior, and i would like the whitelist council to remove him as a CO.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    thiers alot of logs, and details im unaware 100%

How you would punish the accused:
    Lose whitelist, if not a outright ban.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a moderation standpoint, You can execute if their sentence is Permabrig.

But uh one charge of Disrespect of a Superior is 30 minutes max and they stack so I'd tread more carefully if I were you.

Otherwise, CO Council will get to this and investigate it once the logs are shown.

Rule 2. No mega autistic walls of texts that contribute nothing, Just be as concise as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, MP Alberto Lineman here, All the Executions were legal to my knowledge, Disrespecting a superior officer stacks, 2 = perma, 3 = execution. 16 total exectutions, Only oopsie i did that round was tazing you without informing you to get down and for that i apologize, literally a minute later i was thinking i should of done that part better.

Edit: the BBall Marines were under the letter of the law deserters so their Executions were legal.
    Last edited by Stealth121; 05-09-2019 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Added more Facts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was CMP this round and was there and assured all executions were lawful. Permabrig is longer than one hour thus is eligible for execution. All executions ranged from jailbreak, murder, desertion and disrespect. Quite clearly cut, if your buddy insults the CO six times and gets executed, and you do the same thing, i dont know what you are expecting.

Furthermore abandoning the OP to play bball and then riot is a GREAT way to have the devs remove the bball court and a valid charge of deserstion.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Witness, Ainle Cannan, Bravo G4 spec.

The charges put on the marines was legitimate; even one of our Bravo Medics was executed because he decided to round start insub and not wear a helmet after Carson's message then continued insulting him while in jail, ending in his death.

It was mostly insulting charges and legitimate under Marine Law as insulting a superior officer carries a 15 min minimum charge; 30 min max.

Also I would like Moderators to fully investigate each marine executed, because I was told that some of them were ERT marines, hence they deserve a ERT ban for wasting DEFCON reinforcements to play b-ball right out of cryo (which, in a way, is metagaming as they are spiting both the marines on the planet and Carson himself because of their waste of a DEFCON ERT slot to fuck around instead of playing the game).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This round was an absolute mess, but AFAIK all of Carson's executions were for legitimate charges. If a staff member pull logs, he made an announcement for each BE listing the charges and why he executed them, as is standard protocol with battlefield executions. If people don't want to get executed, they shouldn't be insubordinate or desert the marines to go play basketball. (which is probably a breach of Roleplay Guidelines, but that's a seperate issue)

Ceyella
    All charges were technically legitimate yes, as exceeding one hour = execution. Which is a dick move. If ML list stuffs max as perma brig, then you that the circular logic that it exceeds one hour to then do an execution...its just shitty behavior. By that logic all ML listing with perma brig as a max should just be execution.

I believe the intent is that anything that list perma brigged as maxed...MEANS perma brig, not go OH WELL THIS IS MORE THAN AN HOUR and execute 16 marines. Carson went out of his way to get people killed, and i believe by ignoring the maxium punish of perma brig, in favor of executions, is a violation of marine law.

I get the whole "dont break the rules if you dont want a BE :^)" but the sentence 90% of people were shot on were along the lines of minor hoolaginism/telling carson off. Spending a minute to play some B-ball before gearing doesnt deserve mass executions. Most the people seem to have just been derping along, got fucked over, salty, and killed for it.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people need to tell apart a BE, where a captain performs an extra-judical execution (usually with a mateba) and a standard marine law execution.

These executions seem like Marine Law executions rather than direct BEs. And for that to happen there are specific conditions included in the marine law.

If a timer does exceed 60 minutes, you will be permad and possibly executed as per marine law. And I believe that part is clear. Hence why this is not a marine law violtion and it is NOT a battlefield execution either.

Quoting Marine Law:

�Executions are limited to those prisoners who have committed crimes with execution as a possible punishment or those whose timer exceeds one hour. Executions must be authorised by the Commanding Officer or BOTH the Executive Officer and Chief MP if the Commanding Officer is absent.�

Therefore your punishment was perhaps not perma but something more than 60 minutes. It depends on what charges were assigned on you.

Disrespect charges will stack, insubordination charges will stack as well.

We are still waiting for the logs and we don�t have a clear idea on the situation, but I believe that you should�ve been aware of the consequences of the charges that were commited and should have averted that in the first place unless you were intentionally trying to be insubordinate and disrespectful, and if thats the case well, not much can save you.

In any case we will be checking the logs to better understand the situation and come to a resolution. If you have any questions or more to tell us, please do so by posting here or contact us elsewhere.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you are a witness to this event or are a council member/stafff member handling it.

You do not post

Ceyella
    What gets me about the ML stuff, is even if its all technically ok. people doing a single thing, like breaking me out of jail. and being charged jailbreak, with a max punishment of perma...being executed. because perma exceeds on hour...is..frustrating. why do we have entries that list perma as the max, if that just means execution is the max?

The fact so many people were shot, and i was having people in support roles go cryo over deal with CO, shows he is more determinable than a help. 90% of COs have 1-2 BE every now and then, usually reserved for severe issues like some guy killing someone. they treat it like a GAME. people want some leeway in a game, they want to have fun. Carson was gunning people down and killing anyone he could for not being the most rank and file professional.

It appears his ML stuff was *technically* correct as he abused a clear loophole, but he was still a massive dick who killed roughly 15 people as far as i can tell. mainly for stuff like not wearing a helmet, then them talking back until it ran up the clock. when your causing 15 people to sit out a round, and many more to cryo, at that point your such a massive dick, we should step back and look at how carson impacts the play of the server. clearly, he is having a negative impact in this CO role. He is causing far more players to not be able to enjoy a round than he is putting forward any enjoyment.