Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CO alternative weapons

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CO alternative weapons

We're all familiar with the CO's iconic mateba, and less iconic speshul pulse rifle, as they have been seperated into different weapon categories ( authority weapons tend to be unobtrusive, clean/maintained, ornate, powerful, and a clear status symbol to anyone that looks, and battle weapons tend to be the cream of the crop of weaponry, often with special qualities or high power ammunition), and I had a few examples I'd like to go over with you

For battle weapons, instead of the pulse rifle, you could get a souped up smartgun that has IFF and tracking (not sure if it could be implemented, maybe give it comrade sentry code that just requires pressing the trigger), A gold plated sawn off shotgun, a semi automatic rifle firing 20mm explosive shells, a flamethrower that can fit pyro spec flamer tanks, as well as tear gas and pepper spray gas tanks, and a portable laser cannon (like the laser weapon mounted on the dropships)

For authority weapons: A variety of swords, from the classic officer's sabre, to a japanese watashi, to a fuckin zweigh hander. a whip (that can also be turned on like a stun baton), a burst fire m9 tactical handgun, a syringe gun (with a variety of "fun" chemicals to use) A souped up/stylish smart pistol, and lastly, the meme:

A wooden paddle that you'd see on a school principle, the ultimate in authority, like fuck being killed doesn't compare to having all of your friends and colleages watch you get paddled by your commanding officer, it would likely have a higher BE rate than the metaba due to the compulsory suicides, there's nothing else to say about it really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit that would demoralize people, but you would see that creepy CE break into CO office and steal that shit for their Weird Engineering dungeon.

Edit: Seen that kind of weird shit before, Someone even made a player report about it before.
    Last edited by Stealth121; 05-09-2019 at 06:30 AM. Reason: More PG

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If wiggles is secured by marines, I wanna use him as a war dog by my side.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zweih�nder* or Zweihaender* not Zweighhander. Zweih�nder means two-hander/two-handed If directly translated while q Zweighhander would be a stick-hander.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be far too afraid to use the wooden paddle as I'm scared that instead of punishing them in a bad way. I'd be fulfilling some kind of BDSM fantasy for them.

But I'd like a golden frying pan tho, to bonk people on the head with.

Or a really large rock that I can bash peoples skulls in like some kind of Neanderthal.
    Last edited by Bancrose; 05-09-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rock with the same effect as telebaton.

I can just imagine a CO BE beating (BEating) a SO to death in CIC with a fuckin� rock after they fucked up a OB badly after going against orders.

As for OPs mention of zweihandler and stuff, I think they are referring to the two-handed German sword.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweih�nder

Pretty cool stuff.

On a serious note, I�d absolutely want a reasonably sized sword for the CO to carry around on their belt. Katana, Longsword, and/or Mameluke style marine Officer�s sword. All would be pretty cool but a functional sword modeled after the us marine�s officers swords would probably be the most fitting as a start

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see fit of some kind of ceremonial sword, maybe.

But then we'd just start seeing idiot Commanders having the sword on them all the time and acting out some kind of fantasy trope.

At best, I could see the commander having a left over explosive tipped M41A magazine, but otherwise he's not expected to be a frontline officer, the Mataba and M46C are already very special guns for the CO to possess.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a sadar with IFF and an internal magazine? Perfectly balanced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather not see a lot of focus go into snowflaking the COs with weapons. If they're as capable of roleplaying as their whitelisted status suggests, then I'd rather see them distinguishing themselves through their character's words and personality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realistically, ceremonial sword would make the most sense