User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HvH Feature Questionnaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question HvH Feature Questionnaire

Hello. I'm making a HvH only map, a rather small one. USCM vs UPP - daylight mode, darkness sucks for both sides.
    It's halfway done, I'm soon at the point of balancing equipment.

Both sides will have heavily modified gear so without further ado:

Post whatever weapon/item/feature you DON'T want to see in HvH.

Things like sentries, CAS, scopes, etc. Explanation is appreciated but not necessary.

Thank you for the feedback.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Grenade Launcher, please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly as long as both sides have the same tool it would not be the biggest issue. But in normal situations one side get's all the cool toys. (The marines.) While the other side gets only normal guns and maybe a mortar. Currently I feel upp etc has not much to really deal with a tank or cas.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Longstreet tank, or if they do get a tank, the otherside gets a rocket launcher and mines

Whitelisted Predator SpartanBobby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chokepoints without flanks

When some admins do HvH they make a chokepoint the marines have to push through that's been reinforced with ultra walls so no one can flank it I think this limits creativity on both sides and is also not fun at all for the person pushing
    !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No surprise zombies ruining the latter part of the round. Let HvH play out in its own please.

It also feels like marines having CAS and a tank is overkill against other human forces. Maybe disable the tank or include indestructible, narrow passages to limit its mobility on the ground.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    No Longstreet tank, or if they do get a tank, the otherside gets a rocket launcher and mines
    Give both sides a tank.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items that I feel need to stay far away from HvH or rebalanced

• Flashbangs/Stun Weapons: These become cancer when OPFOR can use them, flashbangs can stun you from the edge of a screen for 30 seconds to a minute (I can't recall timers).
    • Long Range Snipers/Scopes: Getting your bones break from some off screen burst fire rifle or a sniper is not conductive to fun gameplay, double so in day time. Scopes should be reserved to the current mini-scopes.
    • UPP Armour/Guns: I have no idea where they are balance wise at the moment, but the HvH variants should be somewhat on par with their USCM counterparts. Perhaps USCM and UPP guns should have a lower fracture/IB chance for HvH due to the extreme lethality of HvH combat.
    • RPG/Grenadier: Their usage is questionable, it depends on the presence of tanks or if the UPP also get spec variants. RPG/Grenadiers could see a major balance shift towards their uses with the large AOE attacks and stun capabilities, double this with their ability to use mini-scopes and you can get squads of UPP getting blasted to hell from off screen.

Features I think need to be examined

• UPP Base: I feel the UPP (and maybe USCM) base should be in a wide open field with no or minimal ability to construct defences. The fight emphasis should be in the colony, not the bases. I believe if the fight has gotten to one sides main HQ then they should be on the verge of defeat. No one likes a elongated FoB holdout of grenade spam and defences that extend for miles.

All I can think of at the moment, I look forward to seeing more info on the HvH feature.

Good luck
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No meme scoped slugs or scopes in general, save for snipers.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No spec weapons and no scopes. It makes everyone who doesnt have those things useless. I think tank can be ok in HvH cause bullets fuck it up hard. But remove the artillery module on it or else it will be completely op.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 05-09-2019 at 03:47 PM.