User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HvH Feature Questionnaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think an HvH dedicated map is a misstep for the server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave CAS OBs but make sure the UPP have a dedicated mortar crew(or their own CAS, if possible. Basically just make sure that both sides have as much of everything as possible. Scopes, tank, spec guns, etc.

No respawning. The way HVH events are run where the defending side gets continuous ERTs just turns the thing into a joke.

ID lock plasteel cades to the side that builds them. Again, HVH round cades turn into a joke because all you need to do is throw one nade at the cades to stun everyone and then you can literally just run up and fucking open the door.

with this in place there is actually only one piece of equipment that I think needs to be removed in order to make the thing relatively balanced and fun: HEFAs. No HEFAs. They're murder against human targets in a massive radius. If you have HEFAs everything is just gonna be dudes with UGLs or the B18 launcher just hurling HEFAs at each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No orbitals, no scopes, no specs, no armour piercing rounds.

DO give each side a tank, and a mortar.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CAS should be available at some later point but in HvH you can't deal with flares

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the feedback so far, it's very valuable.

You can keep on posting as I'm still in the middle of setting up things. Specifics will come later!
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    CAS should be available at some later point but in HvH you can't deal with flares
    fire extinguisher should put it out

or shooting it a bunch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargash View Post
    Communications. Sure stealing comms is smart, but then you can't be surprised because you'll hear all the comms. Make people have hard language barriers. Make USCM speak english default, and the UPP can't understand it. For communication both factions can have common.
    since CL doesn't make a huge amount of sense on an HVH map, replace him with an Interpreter whose whole thing is that he can speak Russian and English. Give the UPP one as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL makes just as much sense in HvH. It just exists outside of many established tropes-- God forbid we have to get creative.

If anything it's best to keep them as the CL and give them the ability to translate.
    Last edited by Grubstank; 05-10-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still highly doubt this game mode will feature the Almayer and their jobs. I'd imagine the entire Marine force is just consistanting of the Marine squads on the planet and the Almayer is just a metaphysical object.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm anti-anti-scope
    Personally I like counter sniping, as long as folks can't be one shot murdered/decapped by sniper fire I think it'd be fine. The whole point of snipers are to put the fear into folks. As it is, cades block long range shots anyhow.