User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HvH Feature Questionnaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The algorithm for determining paincrit is decent and functioning in HvX, but I think it goes completely wack in HvH because of the nature of the injuries you get. I am not sure the exact mechanics exactly but since you get afflicted with more statuses like broken bones, internal bleeding, regular bleeding, delimbing, shrapnel, burns from incendiary rounds, flamethrowers, fire nades, etc etc could go on forever. A couple instances of damage can leave you with so many status problems that your character just keels over and begs for death. This is a large sort of the frustration of HvH to me, on top of all the other things people have been mentioning, where casual stray fire, spray and pray from across the screen, someone running and tapping you once, just leaves your character in a totally unsalvageable state. Being a medic in HvH is fruitless and beyond all hope, because people come down with every sort of status ailment known to the game and all you can do is try to get them to stop bleeding to death before they can make it to whatever side's medbay. That is, if them getting shot hasn't led to them getting beheaded, losing limbs, a giant hole for a chest, stab wounds from the victor's attempt to behead, shrapnel in every orifiice, the kind of patient you see in HvH and just shrug, with legitimately almost nothing you can do to alleviate most situations.

On top of this, the game is balanced for marines shooting at and using marine tools against xenos, and xenos clawing and using xeno tools against marines. For the most part, this is decently balanced and established. However, when you throw marines shooting and using marine tools against humans, and the humans shooting and using whatever tools they are given against marines, the balance goes completely wack, and this balance is so off IMO that the experience is detracted from because of it. I think for HvH to work, it needs serious balance considerations on par or nearly on par with the considerations given to the balance of HvX. Otherwise it's just a bunch of chimps given machine guns and told to balance their jungle conflicts with those instead of fists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) No specs
    This includes giving UPP cloaks, it creates a very uneven playing field.
    2) No blue flame
    Blue flame is hell to deal with as a human even when it's just FF, people actively seeking to blue flame you or your corpse will result in fights getting ended instantly. To elaborate: I remember a UPP round where I was UPP, we were manning a cade line several layers deep and the pyro spec ran up, used blue flame, on me and I think I died instantly and a few ticks later I was beyond reviving.
    3) Scopes for both sides or not at all
    Getting sniped is no fun if you have no counter. UPP/CLF/whatever should either have their own range weapons to fight back with or it should be restricted.
    4) Tanks for both sides or not at all
    I just want to see pitched tank battles.
    5) CAS/mortar/OB for both sides or not at all
    If it's not at all then fights won't be restricted to caves, if it's for both sides then it could create some really interesting game play.
    6) 50/50-ish pop split, aim for 50/50 win rate
    Sure people might just ghost if they get a faction they don't like but it will be no fun for the OPFOR if they're just getting dunked on constantly.
    7) Something to prevent decapping/piling damage on dead bodies. Bonus points if you get a 'that would be a warcrime, and you'd never do that' every time you try to attack an enemies dead corpse
    Just like with no body dragging, it just makes peoples rounds last longer.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; 05-11-2019 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1)No Slugs, I've had a slug shatter my skull and chest while wearing an apesuit as a PMC just from two slugs. I was then looted while still alive by my own comrades and threatening them with death when I get healed. Slugs are not fun at all in HvH, they ruin rounds for people.

2) No stupid ERT's, for example; we had a HvH round where the UPP was about to win and the marines got 6 yes six, I and the rest of d-chat counted 12+ marine ERT's! This ruined the round for the UPP who got overwhelmed and defeated.

3) NO FAVORITES/BIAS FOR THE MARINES! Whenever there is a HvH and the non-marines are even slightly winning the admins go out of there way to fuck them over. Like the round that the CLF got attacked by a fully equipped tank with a Cannon and a flamethrower against a AT-less CLF killing all but 6 of the 30+ CLF in the first 15 mins of the round and calling it balanced, HvH is NOT to stroke the ego of the marines, it's to allow a deeper RP experience and the ability to use rare weapons and combat your fellow marines.
    Last edited by Maxim_inc; 05-11-2019 at 05:14 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanBobby View Post
    Chokepoints without flanks

When some admins do HvH they make a chokepoint the marines have to push through that's been reinforced with ultra walls so no one can flank it I think this limits creativity on both sides and is also not fun at all for the person pushing
    Basically Map design that allows flanks, and doesnt force marines through these tiny chokepoints with M56D's gunning them down D-Day Style.

Map Hazards for both sides and Objectives that if you capture will provide a bonus or some sort of boon for the side that captures it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim_inc View Post
    1)No Slugs, I've had a slug shatter my skull and chest while wearing an apesuit as a PMC just from two slugs. I was then looted while still alive by my own comrades and threatening them with death when I get healed. Slugs are not fun at all in HvH, they ruin rounds for people.
    Slug can't even break a bone in Standard armor with full health. The future is now, old man.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remove scopes, snipers, if you're gonne leave in Cas and OB maybe give opfor an anti air gun over their base to prevent it being stupid. Give everyone a surrender verb

last of all make all medical personal non combatants, and for the duration of the event dissallow people from intentionally harming medical personell

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the other guys said about medics.

What I mean is every game I play of hvh as a medic is frustrating as hell. Every single person comes in with 500+ brute damage from people just riddling the bodies.

Maybe set a damage cap on the body parts for just hvh?

Or make a specialized medicine?