Byond ID?
    RoxyFoxy

Marine Name
    Carmen 'Daddy' Garcia, Rachel Weaver, Russ Connagher, Ingrid Lundqvist

Other Whitelist Applications
    I am Command whitelisted.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Parker

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Parker is capable of protecting herself and others provided that she does not violate Marine law, her programming, use a ranged weapon, or otherwise infringe upon the rights of Sol.

She can disarm and disable a marine if possible using her hands to protect another Marine, but she can't shoot him.
    She can, however, use lethal intent to kill hostile non-citizens and xenofauna, again, without the use of weaponry.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Parker is about 5'5, 115 pounds. She has very short, straight black hair, large dark brown eyes and pale caucasian skin. She speaks with a faint Californian 'Valley Girl' accent.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Parker's quirk is that of a sarcastic, hopeful woman. She's there to ensure the marines have good morale however she can help, be it cooking, citing bible verses, being there when they're hurt, or talking things through with Command citing Marine concerns.

She excels at mimicing human behavior and being indistinguishable from a member of the crew, though these are simulated, and when she's not being directly ordered or observed, she's undergoing a meticulous set of tasks to ensure everything's to order.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can repair walls, doors, windows, and apcs. I can set up the engines, fix an atmospheric vented room, and set up a Forward Operating Base. I know how to roleplay all of this- One of my main characters if Russ Connagher, who's an engineer by trade and a pro at that sort of thing. I can get into his headspace easily.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Command is delegation. A Good commander knows how to manage her command staff and how to ensure they're doing what they're supposed to be doing. A good command staff takes the advisements of her inferior ranked personnel and comes to a proper path of what to do.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I know how to perform surgery, I know how to stabilize patients and I know which pill does what. I know how to roleplay medical needs and I know how to bring men back from the dead (in a medical sense, being reviving flatlining patients.)

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Requisitions is logistics- Getting crate A to crate B, managing your supplies, making sure no outlandish orders are fulfilled, and ensuring an orderly supply line is started with groundside and that everyone gets what they need, but not necessarily what they want.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Because I'm a great roleplayer. I play multiple characters of wildly variant personalities and each one of them is distinguishable from one another. I feel as Parker I'll be able to make the rounds fun for everyone I can interact with and that I, like Parker, will be put in the round to help make that round better for someone else. That's why I want to play this role. It speaks to me and I think I'll have a blast helping other folk have a blast.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Nope.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Nuh uh.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No, have a wonderful day!

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes
    Last edited by RoxyFoxy; 05-09-2019 at 06:55 PM. Reason: forgot to finish a sentence! sorry!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neutral, leaning to +1 here.

You're a great roleplayer and OOCly a pleasant chap.

However you haven't really been back at the community terribly long and you probably could use more time catching up to all the little new adjustments we've have which have come in effect since you've returned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, buddy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story demonstrates a good command, in my opinion, of the actions a Synthetic would reasonably take in an average round. There are a few minor mechanical objections I'd note but those are things you'd not reasonably be expected to pick up till you actually get to play as a Synth. My only counter argument is that your story shows you might be a bit too 'carefree' in your demeanor, more so with command staff. But this seems to fit into your quirk. Nonetheless, I'd be wary of being a bit too sarcastic or clingy, the Commander may not appreciate jokes on the weather in space.

I want to shoot off a few questions, see how you would react to these situations (as best as can be expected from a forum post with unlimited response time).

1: You are on the frontline during an intense battle, you see a Marine is wounded and in pain crit, no one else is moving to assist them. A hostile Xenomorph is probing the wounded Marine, if left alone the Marine will either die or be dragged off. How would you react or handle this situation? (This is a trick question)

2: You are at the FoB. You see a wounded Marine outside of the FoB being attacked by multiple Xenomorphs. There are no other Marines nearby to assist. How would you react?

3: It is shortly after round start, the Marines are finishing up the briefing and the dropship will depart in several minutes. The Commander has not given you any direct orders, and no other command staff have given you any directives. Give me an example of what you would consider doing.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Steelpoint!

I fully understand your concerns, but to put them to rest, Parker's attitudes are synthetic and simulated, and she'll done it down from say, a 8 among PFC's to a 3 among command staff. Part of her very raison d'�tre is to serve. Command staff are humans, and while they're normally very much formal and driven towards the goal and task at hand, they are still human, and Parker's quirk could help relieve tension and bring them back to focus if necessary, as per her design, with 'Is this appropriate for the situation?' being of course preceding everything she says.

To answer your questions concisely -

Parker would not be at the front line of the battle. She's not a combat unit (NOTE: Weyland-Yutani is legally restricted from combat-focused synthetic units, and they do not under any circumstance exist. Wink emoji..) and would more likely be at the Forward Operating Base or the Almayer. In the extremely remote chance of her being ordered to the battlefield, her lawset would goad her action into disabling or distracting away the alien in a manner that does not endanger the life of the injured marine. In short, punch the shit out of it or scare it off- but again, she would not be at the front lines.

Parker would assess the situation and do her best to mitigate the damage to the marine. Jump the barricade. Hard jab to the ribs. Run away. Distract. Pull men away from the marine. Kill the alien in a brutal and effective fashion if necessary using hands, or better, subdue in a manner that does not damage the Marine. If the Marine is killed and Parker is still ambulatory, rush him to the forward operating base and attempt on-site emergency medical operations.

Parker would excuse herself, then go about cleaning and restocking the marine prep stations, which get notoriously messy. She'd then begin to clean up the halls, making sure everything is in it's place. Parker doesn't feel joy or happiness in the same way as the Marines do, but she does find some sort of zen with her routines, cleaning being one among them. If there's ever a moment of free time, there's not a moment of free time- There's always SOMETHING Parker can be doing, even if it's something as minute as polishing glassware in the Officer's mess or checking the air contaminant levels of the maintenence jeffery tubes. Parker is a busy bee- being the affable, sarcastic cutie the marines know is probably only 30% of her direct job. buzz buzz.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new ruling has made it that Synthetics on the frontline cannot attack Xenomorphs, the only exception being if you are attacked, thus you can act in self defence to preserve your own life. The rest is in a giant grey area. Being on the frontline is fine as a Synthetic, so long as you're doing a support action, such as healing or recovering wounded marines or gathering intel. Simply avoiding the frontline at all is a viable strategy to avoid the legal red tape, but don't be afraid to swoop in to rescue a Marine.

Your FoB action seems fine. Do remember that synths are not suicidal and sometimes you may simply not be able to help someone without getting yourself killed, use your best judgement. Good answer otherwise.

Third answer is unique, I'll grant that. Cleaning up the prep rooms, halls, and akin is not something I'd usually consider to be a good expenditure of time as a Synthetic. I would like to think you'd not apply for Synthetic just to become an overglorified Janitor. You are the ultimate support role, thus you should aim to act in a way to support the Marines. Remember, as a Synthetic you are free to do (almost) anything you want if you've not been ordered to do something else by a Enlisted Officer.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards a +1. I am wary of your low time in the community (and abysmal post count) but you do demonstrate a good grasp and command of synthetic roleplay, in theory at least. No roleplay survives first contact with the enemy.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't disappoing you.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is well written but lacks interaction from your synthetic. You've been back for only about 2 weeks now after what I presume is a lengthy break. You look like a good player and having someone vouch for your roleplay ability is great, but I think you should wait a bit longer before applying, after taking a break. Your answer to Steelpoint second and third questions also concerns me. Saying your synth would jump into xenos to save a marine at a FOB kinda sounds suicidal to me, and restocking shit in prep sounds like a horrible waste of synth't abilities. I'm gonna stay neutral for now.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm neutral at the moment, pending further comment by others.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Other Whitelist Applications", you were supposed to link your old app.
    "What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example." What we're looking for here is a more specific example and not so general.

Story was okay, but I would have liked more dialogue to show off the personality of your synth. You could replace the synthetic with a human in the story, remove the strength feats and it would fit. I would have liked a moment that showed definite synthetic behaviour, even though you describe your synthetic as near perfect human. In this part "Parker ran a hand through her boyish hair and cracked a grin. �So, two marines are walking down the street when they see a dog licking himself." Why did Parker never finish the joke? Your quirk is fine, but you're too human for my taste.

I haven't seen you in game at all and I've been looking for you since you posted the app, but that might be a timezone issue. You'll need a vouch for your competence in support roles though.

A marine is dead with 400 damage, describe what you would do in these two cases as in actual gameplay actions not roleplay
    1. 400 brute damage on his chest. How would you proceed?
    2. 200 burn damage and 200 brute damage spread out over the whole body. What will you do?
    Feel free to fill in blanks or make up stuff.

I am sitting on a neutral.
    Last edited by Vampmare; 05-15-2019 at 09:40 PM.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem