User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are Your Favorite Dropship Loadouts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are Your Favorite Dropship Loadouts?

I'm giving piloting a try and would like to know what everyone's' favorite loadouts are for transport and CAS. What do your fire support missions look like? What modules do you prioritize getting? Any other tips would be appreciated.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My best loadout.

Fuel Enhancer
    Double Medevac Modules (Efficiency is the key when too much people is getting wounded.)
    GAU
    Laser
    Minirockets
    Rockets
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I primarily fly transport, and my advice is to always bring a GAU in the slot that you think needs a sentry the least. Use both engine enhancers, an MG, and a fulton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A transport that don't bother with sentries and installs a door MG instead or no turret guns at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2x GAU, 1x mini, 1x laser, 1x medevac, 1x FE and if transport didnt waste many points on sentries/MG's you'd print a cooler.You print as much HV ammo for the GAU as possible and then just shred aliens

The rocket pod is dogshit IMO, I also despise transport PO's that use a GAU, a laser MAYBE but even that is point waste IMO.
    Last edited by dasWurmtMich; 05-13-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dasWurmtMich View Post
    2x GAU, 1x mini, 1x laser, 1x medevac, 1x FE and if transport didnt waste many points on sentries/MG's you'd print a cooler.You print as much HV ammo for the GAU as possible and then just shred aliens

The rocket pod is dogshit IMO, I also despise transport PO's that use a GAU, a laser MAYBE but even that is point waste IMO.
    Will try this loadout one day.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That loadout sounds pretty nice. What kind of fire missions do you set up with it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    That loadout sounds pretty nice. What kind of fire missions do you set up with it?
    1 empty fire mission that I can use to scare xenos or scout caves/metal surfaces if needed

A shortrange one "nuke centre" that has the FM lenght of 2, fires 5 GAU bursts as soon as possible, 3 minis ASAP, and max amount of laser.

A medium range one that goes for 6 tiles and fires the same like the shortrange one

A long range one that goes 12 tiles and again fires 5 GAU bursts as soon as possible, 3 minis ASAP, and max amount of laser. Tho the Gau bursts are staggered (first GAU: X - X - X - X - X while second GAU fires - X - X - X - X - X

Usually all on 0 gimbal or depending on the map set all weapons besides the laser -1/1 gimbal to increase the AOE

The point of only firing 5 GAU bursts/3 minis is that you can do 2 CAS runs per flight and adding the extra shot rarely ever gets you another kill

And if I bother to set it up a AOE GAU and laser run where I spread out the bursts as much as possible over the 12 tile lenght but I like used it once because its not good besides clearing t-fort on LV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thank you for the guidance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1 empty fire mission that I can use to scare xenos or scout caves/metal surfaces if needed

A shortrange one "nuke centre" that has the FM lenght of 2, fires 5 GAU bursts as soon as possible, 3 minis ASAP, and max amount of laser.

A medium range one that goes for 6 tiles and fires the same like the shortrange one

A long range one that goes 12 tiles and again fires 5 GAU bursts as soon as possible, 3 minis ASAP, and max amount of laser. Tho the Gau bursts are staggered (first GAU: X - X - X - X - X while second GAU fires - X - X - X - X - X

Usually all on 0 gimbal or depending on the map set all weapons besides the laser -1/1 gimbal to increase the AOE

The point of only firing 5 GAU bursts/3 minis is that you can do 2 CAS runs per flight and adding the extra shot rarely ever gets you another kill

And if I bother to set it up a AOE GAU and laser run where I spread out the bursts as much as possible over the 12 tile lenght but I like used it once because its not good besides clearing t-fort on LV
    When creating a fire mission, you use the firemission length? holy shit, i never understood how it works.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: