User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Redo Squad SL Req

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Later joins are intended to go to req to get their equipment.

The squad req concept is fine, it just needs improvement.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heartfully, Squad Req should get tokens like the Engineers do. And Marines should be able to access them in a 5x1 line like canteen/squad vendor prep.

Swipe your ID( dog tags ) get your base amount of tokens, plus one kit token

SLs come in to approve more tokens at their discretion, thus allowing the squad to 'build' with some supervison.
    THEN if that is not enough get the Req Line for the special goods

Now we'll have a clear flow on a known format

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I like it as is. Though the rooms could use a bit of a remodel, to make having lines easier.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specs will be given access next patch and I added a cade line, a turnstile, a next button, and shifted the table a tile to the north to better accommodate queues.

I cannot give the RO/CTs accesses for now, it'd need a massive access overhaul that I don't really feel up to doing in these days.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    Specs will be given access next patch and I added a cade line, a turnstile, a next button, and shifted the table a tile to the north to better accommodate queues.

I cannot give the RO/CTs accesses for now, it'd need a massive access overhaul that I don't really feel up to doing in these days.
    Now that I think about it, giving Specs access to it solves a lot of problems for them in terms of self-sufficiency. They won't need Req to give them needed attachments and they can kit out their secondary however they want. And if the Spec is a cool dude, once they're kitted out they can man Squad Req while the SL does SL things. As for RO/CTs, I don't think they need access to the Squad Req since you know, they run the Normal Req area. I look forward to the aforementioned changes being implemented (unless they already are, I didn't look at the changelog yet).
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post

Yep, this fixes everything. Its a great concept, it just needs more organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've wanted a second in command for the SL for a long time, and oh look something that would be fucking perfect for them to handle.

I dont want to see the elimination of squad req since I think it fits in well with the idea of Sergeants Business as stated here http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/vn/sgt-business.html
    But in our game of autism and squads the size of small platoons, we really cant put EVERYTHING on the SL's shoulders. It's been a problem for a long time and this change of adding squad req only makes it worse. Staff Sergeant has to much to deal with at all times during the round that to play it well you really have to do the most work out of any role in the game. Not even CO's get the chance to influence and micro like an SL can and probably should be (unless they go boots on the ground and bail on the CIC because really whats the point of staying in the CIC as a CO anymore).

So yeah, second in command of the squad, good idea man. Demote the Spec to CPL right with the Smartgunner, its pretty fitting after all theyre both the heavy weapons of your squad. Add in the second in command. He leads his fire team on the ground and listens to the SL, he handles squad req so the SL can pay attention to the men and attend briefing. EZ freakin PZ.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any problems handling squad req as SL or aSL, thanks to the vendors being adjacent you can clear the average order in under 10 seconds, plus your squad can use main req as well.

Spec access is neat for sure though, perhaps removing the outer wall in the corridor is a good idea, it frees up a whole line of tiles for people to stand on, you only need the actual micro-req door after all.
    Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
    Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.
    Krogur Du'hara - *medic *click *roar "Unknown has thrown the smart-disc." *laugh2

LIZARD PANIC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    I've wanted a second in command for the SL for a long time, and oh look something that would be fucking perfect for them to handle.

I dont want to see the elimination of squad req since I think it fits in well with the idea of Sergeants Business as stated here http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/vn/sgt-business.html
    But in our game of autism and squads the size of small platoons, we really cant put EVERYTHING on the SL's shoulders. It's been a problem for a long time and this change of adding squad req only makes it worse. Staff Sergeant has to much to deal with at all times during the round that to play it well you really have to do the most work out of any role in the game. Not even CO's get the chance to influence and micro like an SL can and probably should be (unless they go boots on the ground and bail on the CIC because really whats the point of staying in the CIC as a CO anymore).

So yeah, second in command of the squad, good idea man. Demote the Spec to CPL right with the Smartgunner, its pretty fitting after all theyre both the heavy weapons of your squad. Add in the second in command. He leads his fire team on the ground and listens to the SL, he handles squad req so the SL can pay attention to the men and attend briefing. EZ freakin PZ.
    I kind of like having Spec as 2IC, but another role to replace it would be interesting. The question would be what sort of equipment to give them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd give them pretty much the same gear as the SL.