User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Redo Squad SL Req

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rarely play SL because of the amount of stuff you need to keep track.
    Now, I see no way I would play SL except way after initial deployment.
    IMO this job should be spec's thing, they already get a lot of cool stuff with pretty minimal expectations except being robust at frontline, so might as well make them do something for their fancy gadget.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a problem with the time with the current req. Just get fast, I almost always have time on medium pop to go to medical, grab my medical equipment as SL, then return back 3 minutes later and serve around 10 - 14 marines before 12:17, I simply close at 12:17 and I've had very few complaints and I get to serve most marines in time. Just get fast and make sure your men know your closing before briefing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all goes well, req will have access to SL req's goodies. If I ever come up with a system I'm satisfied with, all remaining SL req stuff will be transferred to their respective Req vendors by 12:40. It's not a hard thing to do but Donk, Neth, and Fourkhan are setting such high standards in our code that I have to think twice how to execute it.

A second in command would be interesting, even though that should be the spec's job - but let's be honest, people pick specs to be rambo supersoldiers. If Donk ever does the FT leader + the leader marker, it could worth a shot of demoting the spec to CPL and adding another job. Or just making the SG the FT leader, since SGs already have a good gear for leading (night vision, suppressive fire, IFF).

If we ever added a new job though, I'd make it something of a logistics personnel. The guy who carries most stuff, makes a makeshift telecomm station, manages req drops, etc. But that's pretty out of scope now, at least for me.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    If all goes well, req will have access to SL req's goodies. If I ever come up with a system I'm satisfied with, all remaining SL req stuff will be transferred to their respective Req vendors by 12:40. It's not a hard thing to do but Donk, Neth, and Fourkhan are setting such high standards in our code that I have to think twice how to execute it.
    That's a great solution!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Filling the Squad Req with a bastardised swastika art project of cades did nothing but make the issues worse, now it's impossible to get the marines self-served anywhere near time because nobody can get anywhere near the desk or move freely, meaning that SLs still don't make it to briefing.
    Last edited by Chaznoodles; 05-15-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only done Bravo squad leader a couple of times recently, but I've found that it's not really that hard.

Early game you got at best 10 marines and at worst 25 marines needing their attachies and kits. With all three vendors right next to each other, you can have them all of their interfaces open with ctrl+f where you can easily find what you're being asked for. It also forces every squad member to seek you which can be used to build some squad cohesion early. A squad leader could even get marines to take kits and provide roles they wouldn't normally have.

If anyone is having trouble managing it than they just pace themselves. Limit the amount you give them and make a cutoff point. I like to make mine two minutes before briefing.

This is a much better system than before as it splits the source of attachments/ammo/kits that makes it more manageable for individual players. To me, it got really old sitting in req lines that lasted for ten or more minutes. It also does away with the possibility of a riot/mutiny over slowness, closures, or squads being denied them.

I would be interested to see a dedicated role to help handle squad management relating to supplies. I would suggest it could easily be done with a kit dedicated towards requisition that grants access to squad vendors, a radio req key, tactical binoculars, and a special backpack that can hold a crate in it. I would love more squad management mechanics, but I'd suppose that be for another discussion or github post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerone2 View Post
    It al would be interested to see a dedicated role to help handle squad management relating to supplies. I would suggest it could easily be done with a kit dedicated towards requisition that grants access to squad vendors, a radio req key, tactical binoculars, and a special backpack that can hold a crate in it. I would love more squad management mechanics, but I'd suppose that be for another discussion or github post.
    Thank you for the kind words.

I would also like to have a logistics oriented squad role but now is not the right time to work on it. Xenos are much behind in terms of features and the current gameplay and maps encourage sitting at the FOB rather than making smaller, new ones. We'll have to sort these out first.

Regardless, it's not a discarded idea. Hopefully, by summer it'll be a viable option to work on.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    I would also like to have a logistics oriented squad role but now is not the right time to work on it. Xenos are much behind in terms of features and the current gameplay and maps encourage sitting at the FOB rather than making smaller, new ones. We'll have to sort these out first.
    I haven't seen a tfort fob in months. I cry..
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Squad SL Req is kinda cool. But the above mentioned changes could help. Like the Spec getting access.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    I think Squad SL Req is kinda cool. But the above mentioned changes could help. Like the Spec getting access.
    They have been made, for a while.

I still see SL's & Specs both give up and never man it ??